Nationstates Online Country Simulation Game (Try it!)

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
NationStates is a nation simulation game. Create a nation according to your political ideals and care for its people. Or deliberately oppress them. It's up to you.

Goto the site and register your country according to your ideals.

Jennifer Government: NationStates

I have created a region known as DFI so join it once you've created your country.

NationStates | DFI

Here's the tracker to summarize our region:

http://tracker.conquestofabsolution.com/region=dfi

Country List:
The Messiah - The Empire of Supreme Bharata
pmaitra - The Federation of Ashwakayana
SHASH2K2 - The Republic of Shash2k2
civfanatic - The Democratic People's Republic of Neo Bharata
civfanatic - The Federated States of Bharataland
Armand2REP - The Dominion of Armand2REP
Tomcat - The Empire of Barathvarsha
bhramos - The Federation of Kalabhirava
Tolaha - The Empire of Jambu Dweepa
Chex3009 - The Republic of Chex3009
Godless Kafir - The Republic of Godless Kafir
Manc - The Republic of Nagercoil
Vladimir79 - The Community of Hippiiville
Yatharth Singh - The Empire of Jadaun
neilay - The Kingdom of Neilay
Tronic - The Kingdom of Anokhistan

Dont forget to post your country name in this thread.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
FAQ

>How do I play?

Click on the Create a Nation link and follow it from there. You'll be asked to choose a name for your nation, a motto, a national animal, and a currency. Then you answer a short questionnaire about your politics. This will determine what sort of nation you end up with: authoritarian or permissive... left-wing or right-wing... compassionate or psychotic... you get the idea.

>Which region should my nation be in?

It's up to you. New nations begin in one of the Pacific regions, but you can move out. You can even start your own region. This is a good idea if you're playing with a few friends: create a region and all move there. To do this, visit your current region's page and click the link that says, "Tired of life in (your region)? Then move to a new region!"

>How is my nation's WA Category determined?

On each of the three main scales (personal, economic, and political), your nation is ranked as having high, average, or low amounts of freedom (or permissiveness, if you want to look at it that way). From this it is assigned one of 27 possible labels.

>My nation is "the Free Republic of Bruteland," but the WA says I'm a dictatorship!

You can call your nation whatever you like, but it doesn't make it true. The WA categorizes nations based on their laws, not their names. Changing your name from "Dictatorship" to "Republic" (or anything else) has cosmetic value only.

>I'm not receiving new issues!

If your nation already has five unaddressed issues, it won't get any more. You need to dismiss some first. Once you do that, you'll start to receive one new issue per weekday (or whatever time period you've set in your nation's "Settings").

>What's the World Assembly?

The World Assembly is the world's governing body. It's your chance to mold the world to your vision, by voting for resolutions you like and scuttling the rest. However, it's a double-edged sword, because your nation will be affected by any resolutions that pass. (Unfortunately you can't obey the resolutions you like and ignore the rest, like real nations.) In other words, it's a hot-bed of political intrigue and double-dealing.

Your nation can join the WA, but it's not compulsory. If you remain outside, you're unaffected by its decisions. If you're ready to mix it up in international politics, though, the WA is for you.

There are two main benefits to WA membership: you can vote on resolutions, and you can endorse other nations in your region, thereby electing a Regional Delegate.

>What's a Regional Delegate?

The nation with the most endorsements in each region at the time of the daily tally is automatically elected Regional Delegate.

Usually, a Delegate is the region's administrator. She can access Regional Control to alter the region's World Factbook Entry, set a password, and eject other nations. (In regions with a Founder, though, the Founder may override Delegate decisions and even deny the Delegate access to administrative powers.)

A Delegate also represents the region before the World Assembly. She can review upcoming proposals for legislation and promote those she approves. When legislation reaches the resolution voting floor, she wields additional voting power over regular WA members: 1 extra vote for each endorsement. Delegates of large regions therefore have considerable influence over whether resolutions pass or fail.

A nation must have at least one endorsement to be elected Regional Delegate.

>I'm a WA member! What should I do?

The first thing you may wish to do is endorse some other WA members in your region, as a way to signal that you like their policies, or their pro-business stance, or their cool flag, or whatever. The nation with the most endorsements in your region is elected Regional Delegate: you can support the incumbent or push for change.

(Note that some Delegates are much more democratic than others. Some will happily allow a fair ballot; others will ruthlessly eject anyone they consider a political threat. Dictatorial Delegates must be overthrown by building opposition in stealth.)

You can also contribute to international law. The World Assembly has two Councils, each of which propose and pass resolutions. You may vote for or against any resolution at vote. Depending on how ardent you feel, you can also debate the issue in the WA forums, and discuss which stance your Delegate should take on your region's Regional Message Board.

Once you have at least two endorsements, you can also propose your own resolutions.

>How do I endorse another nation?

You can only endorse another nation if:

* You are both members of the World Assembly
* You are both in the same region

If this is true, the nation you want to endorse will have an "[Add Your Endorsement]" link in its World Assembly Activity section. Click that!

>I have more than one nation. Can they all join the WA?

No. While you can have as many nations as you like, only one may be a World Assembly member at any one time.

:)

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Your economy is based on 10 year olds selling lemonade. :laugh:

pmaitra

^^ Should I start a new country of my own or should I join one of the existing ones? If at all, which one?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
^^ Should I start a new country of my own or should I join one of the existing ones? If at all, which one?
A new start would be more interesting imo.

You can have multiple countries but only one country can be in the world assembly or else they'll ban you. So if you have an old country then resign from the world assembly and start a new country which you can enter into the world assembly.

Does this cost money?
Its FREE.

pmaitra

A new start would be more interesting imo.

You can have multiple countries but only one country can be in the world assembly or else they'll ban you. So if you have an old country then resign from the world assembly and start a new country which you can enter into the world assembly.

And its FREE.
Thanks. How do I move to regions? Or am I already in that region i.e. DFI region from the link you gave?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Thanks. How do I move to regions? Or am I already in that region i.e. DFI region from the link you gave?
Once you create a country you automatically join some random region. So click on the dfi region link ive posted and click on "move....to DFI"

pmaitra

^^ Done deal. Now how do I see who all are in DFI region? Sorry, I am getting used to it.

pmaitra

@CivFanatic, what are you doing in Lazarus? Come to DFI dude!

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
^^ Done deal. Now how do I see who all are in DFI region? Sorry, I am getting used to it.
Since i created the region just today only you and me are currently in the region. If more people will join then you will see all the countries in DFI. Give it a day or so.

In the meanwhile i suggest you apply to enter the "world assembly" and goto settings and select "two issues per day".

pmaitra

Since i created the region just today only you and me are currently in the region. If more people will join then you will see all the countries in DFI. Give it a day or so.

In the meanwhile i suggest you apply to enter the "world assembly" and goto settings and select "two issues per day".
I already applied for the WA membership. I think I'll keep the issues unlimited. Why only two, does it help? If it does, I will set it so.

Edit: I set it to two per day.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I dont think there is unlimited option in issues ? two is the maximum

If you haven't noticed ive made myself dictator in my country...no more political fasting fiascos for me in the future :thumb:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Be warned the issues can have unexpected reactions so choose carefully.

pmaitra

I dont think there is unlimited option in issues ? two is the maximum

If you haven't noticed ive made myself dictator in my country...no more political fasting fiascos for me in the future :thumb:
Well done. No more stone pelting, fasting or yoga based protests. Keep your CRPF happy and they'll take care of everything, i.e. all the babus, the babas and the civil society. :D

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles