Narendra Modi in Beijing, tells China 'Pakistan is making use of you'

JayATL

Whet ever economic development he has brought to Gujrat, i do not think he fits to become the PM of India. He is neither smart, nor a national figure. I was amazed after watching one of his interviews

He is very good to remain as the CM of Gujarat and server the nation from there.
That is the first time I've ever heard him speak ( always read about him)- are you kidding me- this is the man for PM? he is absolutely a great person on the economic front, but you want this man- who gets flustered by questions, and comes across like english is his 4th language to be India's PM?

Last edited by a moderator:

KS

Bye bye DFI
That is the first time I've ever heard him speak ( always read about him)- are you kidding me- this is the man for PM? he is absolutely a great person on the economic front, but you want this man- who gets flustered by questions, and comes across like english is his 4th language to be India's PM?
An illiterate man , Kamaraj, is considered still as the best CM Tamil Nadu ever had.

Liiteracy can only get you so much....after that its your admnistrative capability that takes over.

Look at the resume of MMS....One can say he can be even the Sec Gen of UN...But after experiecing 7 years under him I would not even want him as my ward councillor.

JayATL

An illiterate man , Kamaraj, is considered still as the best CM Tamil Nadu ever had.

Liiteracy can only get you so much....after that its your admnistrative capability that takes over.

Look at the resume of MMS....One can say he can be even the Sec Gen of UN...But after experiecing 7 years under him I would not even want him as my ward councillor.
that would be a personal opinion not based on the great leaps India has made economically and on the world stage under him. If I remember it correctly- it was he who advocated for open markets... yeah I know about corruption issues rather those of his lackies around him. he should have more control and be more authoritarian...

but to say would have not him as a ward councillor is more of personal statement...

was BJP not against the US-India nuke deal that opened the world up to India inspite of the NPT?

Last edited:

Tianshan

Whet ever economic development he has brought to Gujrat, i do not think he fits to become the PM of India. He is neither smart, nor a national figure. I was amazed after watching one of his interviews

well done. if only our leaders were so composed after being asked such difficult questions.

modi cares about results more than he cares about image. that is important.

watch our last president jiang zemin going crazy and screaming at reporters when they hinted that beijing was sending down imperial decrees. now jiang zemin is a laughing stock.

and now hu jintao refuses to give interviews.

Last edited by a moderator:

JayATL

well done. if only our leaders were so composed after being asked such difficult questions.

modi cares about results more than he cares about image. that is important.

watch our last president jiang zemin going crazy and screaming at reporters when they hinted that beijing was sending down imperial decrees. now jiang zemin is a laughing stock.

and now hu jintao refuses to give interviews. haha.
FYI- in democracies , we like our leaders to answer questions, not scream or just go silent.

pmaitra

pmaitra

He is fluent in Hindi and that is good enough.

Besides, Karan thapar is a trickster; he will put words in your mouth, bring out excerpts from newspapers several years old and try to trap you into a puzzle of semantics. I see nothing wrong in how Modi reacted.

SLASH

FYI- in democracies , we like our leaders to answer questions, not scream or just go silent.
Lol...Our current PM has not given a single interview to an Indian reporter till now.

Modi's interviews in Hindi as very good. Just because he does not feature in South Delhi cocktail circuit does not mean he is not good.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
What will happennext? Chinese President will cry hugging Modi and leave Pakistan after realising their mistake. Modi should know it is a two way game. Both are using each other against India.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Sabir, nothing will happen, but such oppurtunities should not be lost. Everytime when MMS or Krishna meet their Pak counterparts they give a long list but do you thing anything has happened till date.
By your analogy then they should stop meeting their Pakistani counterparts.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Since when is the knowledge of English a perquisite of becoming the PM. MMS with his Oxford background has done no good to the economy/country.
ABV addressed the UNGA in 70s in Hindi, for most of the Indians at that time it was a very proud moment. I think it was high time that we got off this English pedastel and start respecting our Mother toungue.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Wannabe Yankee,

English can be his 4th of 10th language. It does not matter.

He speaks fluent Gujrati and Hindi. That should be enough as long as he is a good administrator in other aspects.

Have you ever wondered WHY the leaders of France and Japan and Korea do not know good English?

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I wonder how Modi managed in China when, I believe, he is a vegetarian!

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I wonder how Modi managed in China when, I believe, he is a vegetarian!
Plenty of Vegetarian options in Beijing.

I, however, think Modi is naive. It is China that is exploiting Pakistan and not the other way around.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Since when is the knowledge of English a perquisite of becoming the PM. MMS with his Oxford background has done no good to the economy/country.
ABV addressed the UNGA in 70s in Hindi, for most of the Indians at that time it was a very proud moment. I think it was high time that we got off this English pedastel and start respecting our Mother toungue.
I am afraid MMS speaks so softly and mumbles, one does not know which language he is using!

If language is the criterion for PMship, then Rahul Gandhi wins hands down. He know English, Italian, Hindi, Spanish and also Urdu amongst many other languages.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

I, however, think Modi is naive. It is China that is exploiting Pakistan and not the other way around.
Actually, I think initially, both tried to make use of each other.
As time progressed, Pakistan began to enjoy the taste of China's thing. And China began to enjoy getting it tasted. :namaste:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

I was watching a programme on China and its cuisine on TLC - Planet something.

They did show come vegetarian food, but the ingredient were not quite the same we have in India.

I saw a mushroom of the Yue people which was shiny and black and huge!

People can mistake it for something as a creepy crawly! :)

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador

i think it was more about which of the two are more hated in india and strike a cord, and as Ray sir once said, you dont call a bastard a bastard directly on face, there is a method to it, and so seems to be the attempt. :D

Tianshan

Wannabe Yankee,

English can be his 4th of 10th language. It does not matter.

He speaks fluent Gujrati and Hindi. That should be enough as long as he is a good administrator in other aspects.

Have you ever wondered whether the leaders of France and Japan and Korea know good English?
Hu Jintao doesn't even speak english.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Ray sir once said, you dont call a bastard a bastard directly on face, there is a method to it, and so seems to be the attempt.
Yes, you actually congratulate him for his fortune that he attended his parents' wedding!

:rofl:

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles