Najam Sethi becomes Pakistan Punjab's Caretaker CM

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) on Tuesday approved the name of journalist Najam Sethi for the Punjab caretaker chief minister slot, Express News reported.
Hours before the matter would have gone to the Election Commission of Pakistan for a final solution, the PML-N, after a grand review meeting finalised the name of the award winning journalist.
Former law minister Rana Sanaullah while announcing the committee's decision explained the reason for the 11th hour announcement was that they had put forward their names after due consultation with other parties. In light of the options put forward by the opposition, and the need to deliberate on the names further, the PML-N had to consult those parties again.
"This morning, the consultations were on going."
"Constitutionally we are obligated to finalise a name by midnight, hence we kept ourselves open to the candidates proposed," Sanaullah said.
"The country has been listening to his unbiased analysis on television, and we hope that he would now conduct free and fair elections."
Later, talking to the media, Najam Sethi said that this would be an experience.
"This is a temporary job. It is a time to put theory into practice."
"I will consult chief election commissioner as policy making is not the job of caretaker government. I will tell the CEC that this is your government, whatever you order, we will comply. If our orders are not complied with, then I will come home."
Earlier, Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif ordered the parliamentary committee to hold another meeting and reach a consensus over the name of caretaker chief minister of Punjab, Express News reported on Tuesday.
Earlier during the day, the third and the final committee meeting had failed to reach a consensus and had forwarded the matter to the Election Commission of Pakistan. However, sources said that the Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz (PML-N) was concerned that the election commission might pick a candidate presented by the PPP, so they decided to call a review meeting.
"We still have time till midnight," Shahbaz told the media.
The Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) nominated journalist Najam Sethi, Justice (r) Zahid Hussain, while the PML-N suggested the names of Justice (r) Amir Raza Khan and Khawaja Zaheer, a former bureaucrat.

Punjab interim CM: Najam Sethi’s name approved – The Express Tribune

mikhail

Country flag
The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) on Tuesday approved the name of journalist Najam Sethi for the Punjab caretaker chief minister slot, Express News reported.
Hours before the matter would have gone to the Election Commission of Pakistan for a final solution, the PML-N, after a grand review meeting finalised the name of the award winning journalist.
Former law minister Rana Sanaullah while announcing the committee's decision explained the reason for the 11th hour announcement was that they had put forward their names after due consultation with other parties. In light of the options put forward by the opposition, and the need to deliberate on the names further, the PML-N had to consult those parties again.
"This morning, the consultations were on going."
"Constitutionally we are obligated to finalise a name by midnight, hence we kept ourselves open to the candidates proposed," Sanaullah said.
"The country has been listening to his unbiased analysis on television, and we hope that he would now conduct free and fair elections."
Later, talking to the media, Najam Sethi said that this would be an experience.
"This is a temporary job. It is a time to put theory into practice."
"I will consult chief election commissioner as policy making is not the job of caretaker government. I will tell the CEC that this is your government, whatever you order, we will comply. If our orders are not complied with, then I will come home."
Earlier, Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif ordered the parliamentary committee to hold another meeting and reach a consensus over the name of caretaker chief minister of Punjab, Express News reported on Tuesday.
Earlier during the day, the third and the final committee meeting had failed to reach a consensus and had forwarded the matter to the Election Commission of Pakistan. However, sources said that the Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz (PML-N) was concerned that the election commission might pick a candidate presented by the PPP, so they decided to call a review meeting.
"We still have time till midnight," Shahbaz told the media.
The Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) nominated journalist Najam Sethi, Justice (r) Zahid Hussain, while the PML-N suggested the names of Justice (r) Amir Raza Khan and Khawaja Zaheer, a former bureaucrat.

Punjab interim CM: Najam Sethi's name approved – The Express Tribune
thats good news for Pakistan:thumb:.he is one the most respected unbiased journalist of pakistan and i think he'll the best man for the job.of all the pakistanis i respect him the most for his ability to speak the truth!respect for the man.

pmaitra

While I would pray for his safety, I see a strong possibility of Najam Sethi becoming the next Salman Tasseer!

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
What all can and cannot a caretaker CM/PM do legally?

DEJAVU

i like najam sethi and arundhuti roy, both always said true :)

JBH22

i like najam sethi and arundhuti roy, both always said true :)
Former talks about improving his country state while pointing out the mistakes being done while the latter is an attention whore who goes in bed with terrorists but still yaps about leftist ideologies all under security provided by INDIAN STATE. :)

anoop_mig25

Country flag
whoever comes has to deal with PA at center

who are in the good books of PA.

why doesn`t Indian policy makers deal with PA directly instead of dealing with politicans

look at other powers from world whether its americ/russia/china all always deal with PA rather then politicans

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Sethi's only job is to ensure elections are held.

Funnily :

He fought against Pakistani state for Baloch independence. He wasn't very committed apparently.
He was supposedly close to PPP. But was also arrested by them ?
He joined Leghari's interim govt. which was formed after ousting PPP govt.
Jailed by Nawaz Sharif's govt.
Has had issues with Mullahs, who questioned his religion and threatened him.
Establishment doesn't really like him.
Hated by Imran Khan, and he also ran a column lampooning IK's IQ.

What the hell just happened ?

Blackwater

True, his family was "allegedly" forcibly converted. He still has non-muslim relatives from sethi mohalla in Delhi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
phaaji some member of (ancient pakistan fame) will get offended by your statement:lol::lol::lol:

Iamanidiot

Sethi's only job is to ensure elections are held.

Funnily : He was close to PPP at one time. Also jailed by them, joined Leghari's interim govt. which was formed after ousting PPP govt, and was also jailed by Nawaz Sharif's govt, had issues with Mullahs, and till recently was hated by Imran Khan. What the hell just happened ?
The sacrificial goat?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
The sacrificial goat?
Not sacrificial goat, but if elections are successful he will go down in history, if they aren't he will go down in history. Atleast he will get all the benefits due to a Former CM, tons of cars, guards, and other amenities.

Blackwater

Not sacrificial goat, but if elections are successful he will go down in history, if they aren't he will go down in history. Atleast he will get all the benefits due to a Former CM, tons of cars, guards, and other amenities.
I have heard he is CIA''s banda???

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles