My personal experiences with South Asians

Soul83

I hope you are not angry because of my Thread. If it is "dumb" please delete it or close it.

From early childhood when i first discovered that Romanies are from India i loved India. I dont remember how i learned it first, but maybe in school my teacher said "Romanies are from India". With 15 i read a Book about Buddhas Life and Philosophy. Then with 17 i bought a example of the Mahabharata in German language translation. When i was 20 i was with a friend a town festival and i was very drunk, there were some Indian Merchants who sold things, and i approached them telling them that im Indian. They made fun of me and said im Pakistani and that im not Indian because "I dont speak Indian language" (but there are many Indian languages i know by now). Another Indian i went and said that Indian and that he has the same skin colour as me and he laughed and noded with the head in approval. When i was 22-23 i had a pakistani coworker at my Job, a pleasant Guy, some of the other Guys called him Ali Baba which i thought was quiete racist. When i first saw him i initially knew he is Southasian, i said to him "Hey you from India or Pakistan" and he said "Pakistan". Once i was at a indian restaurant with a austrian friend and ate pork in coconut sauce, i was afraid because i thought they would think im muslim and dont like me because usually many people think im muslim here, but afterwards i got the info that this guy was a pakistani who sells indian food and his restaurant is called indian restaurant but he is pakistani, so my concerns were baseless. I saw some Indians here and there, mainly Indian Merchants who sell things on Town Market. But my experience is very limited.

pmaitra

@Soul83, what is your experience interacting with members in DFI?

Last edited by a moderator:

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
I hope you are not angry because of my Thread. If it is "dumb" please delete it or close it.

From early childhood when i first discovered that Romanies are from India i loved India. I dont remember how i learned it first, but maybe in school my teacher said "Romanies are from India". With 15 i read a Book about Buddhas Life and Philosophy. Then with 17 i bought a example of the Mahabharata in German language translation. When i was 20 i was with a friend a town festival and i was very drunk, there were some Indian Merchants who sold things, and i approached them telling them that im Indian. They made fun of me and said im Pakistani and that im not Indian because "I dont speak Indian language" (but there are many Indian languages i know by now). Another Indian i went and said that Indian and that he has the same skin colour as me and he laughed and noded with the head in approval. When i was 22-23 i had a pakistani coworker at my Job, a pleasant Guy, some of the other Guys called him Ali Baba which i thought was quiete racist. When i first saw him i initially knew he is Southasian, i said to him "Hey you from India or Pakistan" and he said "Pakistan". Once i was at a indian restaurant with a austrian friend and ate pork in coconut sauce, i was afraid because i thought they would think im muslim and dont like me because usually many people think im muslim here, but afterwards i got the info that this guy was a pakistani who sells indian food and his restaurant is called indian restaurant but he is pakistani, so my concerns were baseless. I saw some Indians here and there, mainly Indian Merchants who sell things on Town Market. But my experience is very limited.
LOL Indian guys made fun of you and Pakistani was a nice chap. LOL prepare to be branded as a Pakistani and swear upon by these bloody Indians

Soul83

LOL Indian guys made fun of you and Pakistani was a nice chap. LOL prepare to be branded as a Pakistani and swear upon by these bloody Indians
they were joking and i was drunk they didnt really made fun of me in a deragorative way. i was a stranger who was drunk. but i dont know much about indians or pakistanis. i have online friends who are indians on facebook.

thethinker

Country flag
they were joking and i was drunk they didnt really made fun of me in a deragorative way. i was a stranger who was drunk. but i dont know much about indians or pakistanis. i have online friends who are indians on facebook.
It's ok but be rest assured that we won't try to convert you, so rest easy. Also no worries about us seeing you as a lowly kaffir.

Our Pak friends on the other side of border may think otherwise though when associating with you.

Namaste! :namaste:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Indians are generally nice. However I think you will have a better life in Austria than India.

Eesh

You were dismayed by Indians BECAUSE at time you were drunk. Pakistani seemed OK because you were sober at your work place.

Never interact with strangers when you are drunk. None takes you seriously.

Last edited:

Otm Shank2

Pakistanis always pretend to be indian here in canada especially shopowners and service people. Really annoying you decide to visit a store named bombay hut or calcutta corner and inside its all stinky stale and expired food and unwashed floors of a typical pakistani business.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles