My job is to speed up India's nuclear strike time, DRDO chief

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Re: My job is to speed up India's nuclear strike time, DRDO chief says

Dhanush gives capability to hit only Karachi & Gwadar. Not Pak mainland. Hardly a deterrent. Dhanush II maybe based on Agni 2 NG (if developed), Ship based Sagarika and Nirbhay would be deterrents.

Arnab first thing our nukes are 500 kg and 1000 kg and now we are getting small nukes of 200 kg and 350 km is good range if you want to launch dhanush at distance towards Pakistan from high sea.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

India isn't even a member of NPT, and you want India to commit unprovoked acts of aggression on third parties in the event of a nuclear conflict. :lol:
What NPT has to do with it ????? surely we are not suppose to take their permission before deciding to nuke Pak or China or both.

Leaving aside soft power, this is also a pretty bad idea.

China can throw nearly twelve times the megatonnage of nuclear warheads at India that India can throw back at China, and Chinese warhead designs are accurate and miniaturized, thanks to technical data lifted from Los Alamos and reverse-engineered for the past fifteen years or so.
I think you forget that i said first use against China when attack by Pakistan. Now think and think hard, 60 plus nukes coming to you, your countries economic, population and miltiary centers are targeted.

Indo-Pak = losing maybe 10 or 12 major Indian cities and major military installations. Add in China, and that means losing every Indian city with a population higher than half a million people, plus every military installation and major industrial center, while China loses a few major cities and suffers heavy damage to a few more. Postwar Japan shows us that major cities can be rebuilt, provided an industrial base (or overseas industrial partner) is intact.
Hell you will re build but you wont be in any position in future to even challenge even Japan after that, what to say of US. BTW we will finish off most of Pakistan with 40 nukes.

China will have both in the aftermath of an unprovoked nuclear attack from India.

India won't.

Even if the world hates China, nobody would want to set a precedent where nations can drag each other into nuclear war for no good reason, especially big boys like Russia or the US that share nuclear tech on a far more active basis than China does.

If India does commit to such a course, the odds of a nuclear conflict will drastically tilt against it.
I dont think US or Russia would be much concern about China, both see them as their rival.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Total destruction?

China actually has ABM systems capable of shooting down a large chunk of the 30-100 warheads India could spare for China in such an event. China may lose a few major cities, but India would be wiped out in a Chinese counterstrike. That's not a very smart trade.
With 240 nukes, China can't wipe India out. India just too big. Ppl need a huge orientation program on nukes, all across

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Why doesn't India finally accept Chinese hegemony? Give the Chinese their disputed territories and make India into a protectorate of China. That way the Chinese will have our backs in case of conflict with our extremist neighbor. I know many patriots will get angry but I am a pragmatist and this insane arms drive to outcompete 2 nuclear neighbors (including one which will be Superpower) will lead to more economic burden. Just my opinion on this matter.
Should I call you an idiot, or just laugh, or may be cry or may be just do :facepalm:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

For newbies, Must Read forum rules..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles