My dear friend Hitler?!

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
this is a common mistake 75% of the worlds Jews can trace their ancestry
to an area called (תחום המושב ) "the residence" that incorporates eastern Poland Belorussia and parts of western Russia
were they lived in closed communes
I thought Jews were Semites from Arabian peninsula? Or is that only ethnic Jews and not the broader religious Jews?

pmaitra

what qualities might that be ?!!!!
the subjection of millions
the hole sale murder of Jews , gipsies , homosexuals and anybody else they were not found off.
maybe the death of 30 million Russians in war and mass starvation
you are showing your ignorance by protecting such a monster
I am perhaps posting this in vain because you are apparently totally incapable of seeing things from an Indian perspective as much as many of us, including myself perhaps, are incapable of seeing things from your perspective. I will post this comment from The Guardian for your perusal.

Spinozist
11 June 2010 3:47PM
There is a curious admiration for Adolf Hitler amongst quite a number of Indians (usually middle class and not well educated, but not the least educated either). Perhaps it has something to do with the rise of the BJP, and it relies too on the swastika imagery of the Nazis. It is shocking to be confronted (as I have been) by people claiming that "Mein Kampf" is the best book ever written, yet who know nothing of the Holocaust, or regard it as a myth. Mind you these same people will also often be great admirers of Israel.

Link: Why Bollywood's film about Hitler is profoundly misguided | Film | guardian.co.uk

pack leader

Professional
I thought Jews were Semites from Arabian peninsula? Or is that only ethnic Jews and not the broader religious Jews?
different time cap 200 years as compered to 2000 years
all Jews originate from the ancient kingdom of judia that existed in different forms and borders
including modern Israel Jordan and south Lebanon from 1000 BC until 70 ad (the third exile)

Last edited:

warriorextreme

Country flag
i don't get it
your closest friends are Russians and Israelis ( the greatest victims of Hitler and the Nazis )
yet you make a movie sympathetic to Nazi Germany
my grandfather killed 50-60 Nazis (wail fighting for the red army) and i am proud to be his grandson
this is a shameful enterprise

:tsk::tsk::tsk::mad2::mad2::mad2:
movie is not admiring hitler...it actually establishes the fact that nonviolence is always better than violence...
it is based on letter written by gandhi to hitler in which gandhi calls hitler as friend and asks him to not to go on path of war...

warriorextreme

Country flag
plenty of other people can be admired for administrative and political skills
without stooping in to the moral abyss that is Nazi Germany
Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, rusavelt and Winston chearchile come to mind
and there are plenty of others
admiring Hitler is a stein on Indian reputation
winston chuchil? that sob...dont take his name here dude...
In india people admire hitler as well as hate him from bottom of heart..
when i said some indian people admire hitler it actually means his qualities and not the person himself...
his qualities such as uniting nation,developing the nation are unique..
what he did with jews is known to everyone here and we hate him for that..

pankaj nema

Country flag
@ pack leader

Please dont be upset

In India films are made on all possible topics and subjects

Indians certainly DO not support the murderer Hitler

But Gandhiji was a person who could not even say a harsh word to his bitterest rivals and critics
So he used the term "My Dear Friend Hitler " in his letter .That is all

I am sure in this film it would be show Hitler in a poor light with Gandhiji asking him to stop his genocidal policies

pack leader

Professional
winston chuchil? that sob...dont take his name here dude...
In india people admire hitler as well as hate him from bottom of heart..
when i said some indian people admire hitler it actually means his qualities and not the person himself...
his qualities such as uniting nation,developing the nation are unique..
what he did with jews is known to everyone here and we hate him for that..
we hate the British as much as you do maybe even more
Winston Churchill is a sob but he had great leadership skills
none violence can only succeed against a morally developed
fundamentally not evil enemy's like GB
evil such as Nazis can only be destroyed by force

pankaj nema

Country flag
Winston Churchill was a ba$tard . He never wanted to give India freedom

But One thing is absolutely certain Hitler did WEAKEN the British in a way which nobody else could have done

And when Britain was severely weakened it just could not hold on to India

Before the WW 2 ; Japan's victory over the Russians in 1905 did convey a message to Indians that Europeans could be defeated .

That is why Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose took the help of the Japanese to fight the british

Till that time europeans were considered as invincible

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Ok. Some people liked few things of Hitler & made a movie on it.

So what? If others don't like it, don't watch. Plain & simple.

Yeah its made by Indians but not GOI. Nothing what that movie features can be hold to accuse India as a nation.

warriorextreme

Country flag
Ok. Some people liked few things of Hitler & made a movie on it.

So what? If others don't like it, don't watch. Plain & simple.

Yeah its made by Indians but not GOI. Nothing what that movie features can be hold to accuse India as a nation.
it is not a movie that glorifies hitler in anyway dude..
i heard that it is movie that that conveys message of nonviolence..

Koovie

lets see the result.... I hope that it wont glorify Hitler.. and PLEASE! NO DANCES OR SONGS IN THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S.A.T.A

Hate and love are intensely subjective experiences and any attempt to conduct an objective study of something that invokes such strong emotional response can hardly be balanced or useful.Hitler has often been subject to unwavering admiration or alternatively dogmatic vitriol,rarely a balanced study,atleast not in popular communication.

This owes much to the fact that most of the literature on Hitler,in print,electronic or in entertainment,have their source in people and societies, who were not in a position to adopt an indifferent attitude to the emotional responses Hitler aroused.

This does not mean that attempts to,like his indian movie, subject Hitler to scrutiny by those outside this emotional perimeter will be more objective or that their investigation will be free from the coercions forwarding agendas that are not central to the principal subject,far from it, this Hitler versus Gandhi theme is probably a mere substratum to the main discourse of Hindu nationalism vs Nehruvian secularism,which the movie maker probably want to touch.

Bollywood is not always known to make indepth and penetrative investigation into personalities and historical events of tremendous political and social significance and document fresh insights in areas already well trodden,but its going to be an interesting fare.

P.S:There was a German movie called 'Der Untergang' which chronicled the last days of the Third Reich and its leadership hunkered in their underground bunkers in Berlin.The movie was remarkable for its lead actor,Bruno Ganz,who played the aged and increasingly delirious German Fuhrer,to a chilling finesse.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I don't think there is anything wrong. Though what he did to Jews was pure evil, he was actually doing pretty tight with us. The Nazis were quite comfortable with us to be frank. In fact, if we are willing to think from solely India's perspective (forgetting today's world for a couple of minutes) I'd say he was pretty generous because he (with Japanese) agreed to support a non-entity faction of INA (in the eyes of the world) against another colliding superpower. Might be for some political advantage but its a big gesture to do it openly.

AOE

Gandhi may have seen even his most bitter rivals in a positive or forgiving light, but do not make apologetic arguments for his words on this subject. For it is Gandhi that encouraged Jews to embrace their suffering and plight at the hands of Hitlers henchmen, even after the holocaust had become well known;

"Hitler killed five million Jews. It is the greatest crime of our time. But the Jews should have offered themselves to the butcher's knife. They should have thrown themselves into the sea from cliffs. As it is, they succumbed anyway in their millions."

He also offered this same advice to the British who were being bombed by the Luftwaffe, and the irony is that Hitler sent recommendations to the British to kill people like Gandhi and massacre all of his supporters (if he had his way) until there was a deafening silence by his detractors. Gandhis extreme pacifism might have worked on the British, but it certainly would have never worked with a regime like Nazi Germany.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Gandhis extreme pacifism might have worked on the British, but it certainly would have never worked with a regime like Nazi Germany.
Of that there is no doubt.

KS

Bye bye DFI
plenty of other people can be admired for administrative and political skills
without stooping in to the moral abyss that is Nazi Germany
Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, rusavelt and Winston chearchile come to mind
and there are plenty of others
admiring Hitler is a stein on Indian reputation
Winston Churchil...that 4 foot frog face ?

One on one choice - I would rather hate WC than Hitler.

Why ? WC hated Indians more than Hitler.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Let us have a look at these photos:

Now ponder:
  • Did the Nazis commit mass murder? Sure.
  • Was it wrong? Sure.
  • Was it correct to punish those surviving Nazis for war crimes? Sure.
  • Were European Jews whiter than Indians? Yes.
  • Did the Nazis have every opportunity to send Indian POWs from the British Indian Army into the gas chambers? Yes.
  • Were they sent to the gas chambers? No. Instead, the Nazis gave them food, shelter, money, training, guns and rifles and submarine transit to Bose to Japan.
  • Who were the main victims of the Nazis? 6 million European Jews + 6 million predominantly white Russians + others = mainly white people. Very few Indians, Mongoloid Asians or Africans, that too KIA.
  • Were the Nazis allied with the Japanese? Yes.
  • Are the Japanese white people? No.
  • Were the Nazis more racist than the British Empire? Definitely not.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
No. Instead, the Nazis gave them food, shelter, money, training, guns and rifles and submarine transit to Bose to Japan.
Yes, we were used like pawns for their benefit. No different then the British.

Who were the main victims of the Nazis?

If Indians, Mongoloid Asians or Africans lived in Germany, like the Jews or Gypsies. They would have been gassed simply because we don't fit Hitler's idea of a master race, period.

Were the Nazis more racist than the British Empire?

They were racist, but if Hitler ruled India I bet they would be a lot more racist.

Erwin Rommel never supported Hitler.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Yes, we were used like pawn for their benefit. No different then the British.
And S.C. Bose tried getting help from Germany and Japan because of his own selfish reasons, i.e. to kick the Brits out of India and not because he believed in the Nazi ideology. It was a potentially mutually beneficial situation for both.

If Indians, Mongoloid Asians or Africans lived in Germany, like the Jews or Gypsies. They would have been gassed simply because we don't fit Hitler's idea of a master race, period.
That is absolute BS. If Hitler wanted, he could have gassed these Indian POWs who were captured by the Germans. While white British, French, American and Soviet POWs were sent to labour camps, Indians were given political power, means to carry out propaganda through newspapers and radio, money and weapons. Get your facts straight.

I am repeating this. I recommend you read my posts completely before responding.

They were racist, but if Hitler ruled India I bet they would be a lot more racist.
What do you mean 'would be'? 'Would' is the conjunctive of the modal verb 'will'. That means it is mere speculation and not reality. The reality is quite different. The reason why Hitler is demonised so much in Europe is because more than 90% of his victims were white. The Allies did not give a hoot about the plight of Asians and Africans until Hitler started bombing the sh!t out of London.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles