Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

Galaxy

Country flag
yindu is the word in chinese for india (印度).

same as how you use chini.

except that we do not say "these damn yindu" when we are annoyed... but on this site i always hear chini being used like this.

anyway, its your forum. you can do what you like, you can treat your guests nicely or not, your choice.
Yindu refers to - The Dai (Yindu) are an ethnic tribe of Chin, Myanmar. The Burmese used to call the Dai "Yindu Chin" because of their clothing styles.

Daai Chin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so, If you will use word Yindu, People might confused as Burmese which we are not !! :)

Last edited:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
why do chini have problem when we call chini as chini because they are infact chini and chini is a hindi word. :pound:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Chinese members,

Han means the majority of Chinese, right?

In Nepali, it means 'Hit the chap'.

Someone, who has a thin skin from China, will find that insulting to the Han people!

There is a famous actress called Bridget Eklund.

It is fine for many, but in India Eklund has a very vulgar connotation!

Therefore, transliteration of a foreign word can mean many things in another language and all such meaning may not be pleasant in the language in which it is transliterated to!

Even the word Member, which I have used to draw attention to the Chinese who are on DFI can be taken to be a slur since the word 'member' can mean something that is not too nice!

Or the word Organ!

Last edited:

Tianshan

you can call us whatever you like.

this is your forum. we are only guest.

but i know you will not enjoy being called as "this yindu" in a negative manner even though that is the correct word to use in chinese.

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag

This is not any individual's forum but It's public forum where everyone has "Freedom of Speech". There is difference between Guest and Members and you are certainly members and 100's of Indians who come on forum regularly but don't register are Guest.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

except that we do not say "these stupid yindu" when we are annoyed... but on this site i always hear chini being used in only a negative manner.

anyway, its your forum. you can do what you like, you can treat your guests nicely or not, your choice.

I assure you that Chini is neither a slang nor an insult like the word Paki . It simply means Chinese and the Hindi name for China is Cheen. Things belonging to China is Chini.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

but i know you will not enjoy being called as "this yindu" in a negative manner even though that is the correct word to use in chinese.
no it is not....it is for people in burma.

and what if Indian member is muslim, christian, sikh and not hindu ? what will you do then :rofl:

Tianshan

and what if Indian member is muslim, christian, sikh and not hindu ? what will you do then :rofl:
it has nothing to do with religion.

yindu (印度) is simply the chinese word for india. same as how chini is the indian word for china.

go to google translate and check for yourself.

my point is that you will not like it if i call you as "this yindu" even though the logic is exactly the same as you use for chini.

anyway it is your forum so i will not return it. i am only a guest here.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

except that we do not say "these stupid yindu" when we are annoyed... but on this site i always hear chini being used in only a negative manner.

Please use that word in a Chinese forum since they will understand it better than the word 'Hindu'. Something like not being able to pronounce 'Fried Rice' and it comes out a 'Flied Lice' and so on.

I assure you that while you don't say 'these stupid Yindus', when angry, we, here in this Forum, discourage anyone who writes 'These stupid Chinky Choos', even when they are boiling with anger.

BTW, we also do NOT allow Russians calling Hans as Hui because Hui is a vulgar word in Russian!

A guest is most welcomed, but a Guest who wishes to dictate terms must be told to respect the customs of the host.

I can't go to China or a Chinese forum and start calling them as Chinky Choos because I am a guest and I wish to abuse their hospitality, can I?

As a guest, it is your prerogative to take part or not to take part in the forum!

This is a free country!

I dislike saying Albida.

Last edited:

Tianshan

like i said, i am a guest.

it is up to the host whether to be friendly or rude to the guest.

nothing to do with me, the choice is completely for you.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Indeed calling them Hindus or Yindus would be taken as an affront.

It goes against the secular concept of the Nation.

Imagine calling all Chinese as Huis or Uighurs!

Galaxy

Country flag
印度 - India

印 度 的 - Indian (Y ìndù de)

So use correct Chinese word for Indian i.e. Y ìndù de or English one i.e. Indian.

Tianshan

Indeed calling them Hindus or Yindus would be taken as an affront.

It goes against the secular concept of the Nation.
do you not read my posts?

i will quote from my previous post again, please read it this time:

"it has nothing to do with religion.

yindu (印度) is simply the chinese word for india. same as how chini is the indian word for china."

Galaxy

Country flag
do you not read my posts?

i will quote from my previous post, please read it this time:

yindu (印度) is simply the chinese word for india. same as how chini is the indian word for china."
印度 - India.

Prove it that it means Indian. :rolleyes:

Also, English pronunciation which is not Yindu but something different what i heard a minute back :)

So, That we can verify it!!

Last edited:

Tianshan

印度 - India.

Prove it that it means Indian. :rolleyes:
i will quote my post once again:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
like i said, i am a guest.

it is up to the host whether to be friendly or rude to the guest.

nothing to do with me, the choice is completely for you.
We, as a forum, are friendly to all, guest and adversaries.

No one is rude.

We, however, are most respectful with guest who respect our customs and traditions and not find reasons to find faults when no fault is intended.

If you wish to find filth, you will also find it in the most cleanest of places, if only you are determined to search for it to prove a point.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

This is an Indian forum where English is the medium of interaction.

Foreign words only confuse and hence should not be used.

Just like the use of 'Hui' by Russians to describe the Han Chinese since Hui in Russian is not above board and is a foreign word and is not known universally!

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Oh, enough about this language business and etymology of words. I think the Chinese members know by now, that "Chini" is not used as a derogatory word. For the Chinese members' information, "Chini" also means sugar in Hindi.

Now, let us discuss about Muslims clashing with Chinese police. :troll:

Tianshan

We, as a forum, are friendly to all, guest and adversaries.

No one is rude.
my experience is exactly the opposite.

anyway, i have made the point, what you choose to do is up to you, and i dont care really.

i just heard once that india was supposed to be nice to guests, i thought it was true.

Galaxy

Country flag

Give any link(English one) which proves Yindu means Indian.

Also, As i said earlier "Yindu is used for people of Myanmar for dressing sense". So, Even if it means Indians, It will create some confusion between Myanmar and Indian. :lol:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles