Music to bridge India-Pakistan divide: Atif Aslam

Blackwater

MUMBAI: The idea was to unite two uneasy neighbours through melody and music and what better platform than the reality show Sur Kshetra that brings together singing talents from India and Pakistan, says Pakistani composer-actor-singer Atif Aslam.
Going live Saturday, the Indian show has a heavy dose of Pakistani flavour. If Atif will be seen mentoring singers from Pakistan, Himesh Reshammiya will be seen with the Indian team.
The judges are three South Asian singing legends – India's Asha Bhosle, Pakistan's Abida Parveen and Bangladesh's Runa Laila.
"The effort is to unite India and Pakistan. There are many people from Pakistan who sing well and, as Himesh Reshmmiya has said, he might take them in his film too. I also might take some Indian singers as well," Atif, who has made a name for himself in India, said during a group interaction here.
The message of peace and harmony is timely as always.
Sur Kshetra was also in the line of fire when Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray demanded that Pakistani artists be banned from participating in the show.
Many eyebrows were also raised when the promos went on air and some friction was seen between Atif and Himesh.
Atif clarifies the misconception.
"The promo has been made in such a way that it seemed we are fighting. Himesh is brilliant as a composer. He has been the hit machine in terms of a music director. He is a brilliant artist. He is my colleague and I enjoyed working with him."
What worked for Aslam?
"When I got to know about the jury, I was interested. I was also interested for Pakistanis to come on stage and sing. I am not thinking about who is going to win or not. I just want to do something good," he said.
To ensure his team fares well, the singer, known for his hit albums Doori and Jal Pari, has put in a lot of effort and said he has "trained them a lot".
"Everyone has put in a lot of effort. I remember I used to always make them rehearse before their sessions. So I tried my level best that they sing very well," added the singer, who made a name for himself in India with hit numbers like Pehli nazar, Tu jaane naa and Piya o re piya.
Seen in a prominent role in director Shoaib Mansoor's hit film Bol, Atif said he would take up another acting project only if he agrees with the script.
As far as singing goes, he has a treat ready for his fans, thanks to the songs in upcoming Bollywood films.
"There were a lot of offers, but I wasn't interested in them. There are two songs from 'Jayanta Bhai Ki Luv Story', I will be singing two songs in 'Race 2'. My personal album will also come out, Insha Allah," he said

Music to bridge India-Pakistan divide: Atif Aslam – The Express Tribune

Blackwater

Foolish baegaret insaan. If music bridges the gap between india-pak divide then how come we had 4 wars after listening to each other music for 65 yrs???

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Paki artists have to say this as they need bread n butter from India...... he should convince their own Jehadi kaum first ...... they don't allow Indian artists but come in herds in India to perform and earn... how about he holds a concert in FATA in front of Talibunnies.. :lol:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
I remember Ali Zafar literally crying on Pakistani television while rooting for Indo-Pak peace. This is not new or unexpected.
But they forget that it is Pakistan that has to put its house in order before peace could be conceived.
These artists should first talk about bringing peace to Pakistan and mullahstic Pakistani minds, before talking about peace betwee Indian and Pakistan.
Note : Mullahstic is my patent word, no one else would use it :D :D

Oracle

We've have been listening to each other's music for 65 years now. Nothing has changed. The Paki mentality is still the same. Music is 5 mins of delusion where we think all's good and everything is possible. Sorry, music has no role to play in the shaping of a Nation or bridging gaps, when the political elite of Pakistan, PA & ISI are naked in bed with terrorists.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
We've have been listening to each other's music for 65 years now. Nothing has changed. The Paki mentality is still the same. Music is 5 mins of delusion where we think all's good and everything is possible. Sorry, music has no role to play in the shaping of a Nation or bridging gaps, when the political elite of Pakistan, PA & ISI are naked in bed with terrorists.
These music guys should first check the increasing hatred in text books against Hindus,Sikhs,Christians,Ahmediyas etc.

They should sing and convince their own foolish jehadi kaum.

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
these people from both sides of the borders are jokers....all they need is just money and if it is combined with aman ki aasha tadka then the recipe sells very nice

no friendship possible with pak,people who go to pak and stay in 5 star hotels after coming back say..'oh man! pakis show so much hospitality ,they are so liberal and this and that....'
The problem with these guys is that when they go there they remain with their own type of guys...so it becomes an echo chamber which reflects their own views.
They just need to walk in the next colony and talk about friendship with india and he will get a good example on his face

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Atif Aslam is another one of those desperates who is in a crisis between his careers and his "quom".

People like him from their side of the border and ass-cleaners like Mahesh B(h)utt from our side are the sole reason for India's image as a softy spineless creature.

Get these jerks and their "fans" out and see how things change.

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
If india has to complete its ambition of being a great country like it was once before then indian govt should follow the policy derived from india values.

Otherwise india will always remain a second rate power.WE have to create a worldview from an indian perspective.

For ex: The Americans base their worldview on the bible.You often here americans saying as "God bless America" ,"American elections are celebration of democracy " and "America leads the free world" , "America's is god's device to lead the world".

They have based their worldview on christian/european enlightenment.

India has to offer a counter-worldview of its own.These will be the foundational base of the India .

We should not get involved in this petty matters and project ourselves as a spineless nation.

Blackwater

Truth is atif aslam and Ali zafar 2 Pakistani want to established in Bollywood has it kutte da waer . Enemies being Pakistani. they hate each other:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 pakis fighting in India for $$$$$$$$$ typical pakis:lol::lol::lol:

ashdoc

Country flag
i havent seen the programme but one of my friends who has seen it says that they are shouting ' pakistan zindabad ' on the sur kshetra programme .

is this acceptable ??

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
It's either a commercial statement
Or
it's a Chaman ka Tamasha type statement.

I think it's more of the former. Including from the Indian side with te organizers. I mean come on cricket and music and cultural exchange is not going to change anything when every student, the future if Pakistan is being taught about evil Hindus of India. It's totally a commercial thing with artificial bonhomie and fake love.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Music has healing effects, but not enough to eradicate jihadi mentality, what Atif is saying is a delusion!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles