Mumbai vs Banglore.(Best city for a youngster's life)

Where should Mr Joie de Vivre relocate to?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Joie de vivre

Brat are you looking for a good education or wimmen?MBBS in India is no cakewalk pursuing that degree will not give you time for extra cirrcular activities

I know man no education is a cake walk,but that does not mean you cannot live life.

I have studied both foreign and Indian boards the content is the same but for e.g the indian state board curriculum allows you to have no life and perfection on marks basis which are only awarded if you have written in book language basically robbing you of 70-90% of your life,whereas i studied my sc via cambridge university and yes initially the results were good and not great but over the course of the year it all fell into place and i enjoyed my time and had character development.

Over the course of 6 months i forgot most things i learnt and it is the same for students studying in top colleges(gvmt) in chennai but i remember my sc concepts that i had studied over 2 years back.

The Indian way of studying is not the best way to study,i have my independent methods so i will manage.

Also my parents are both doctors who went through merit my father especially made a lot of friends,is popular with his mates and had a life.

I seriously think i can handle it.

And you guys are maintaining a superb forum...better than bbc sports forums....is this forum created by an individual or is it officially from the defence ministry?

Anyways respect guys.
You can survive with English and Hindi in both Bangalore and Manipal. Majority of students here are from outside the state.

Some things I keep hearing about Manipal which could well be rumours! :D

1. Manipal in top 3 places in India that attracts the highest number of foreign students.

2. Supposed to have highest mobile density for any place

3. KMC Manipal has a great brand value especially with Malaysians.

4. Unfortunately, scores high on alcohol and drug abuse! This is what happens when students are far away from their homes without any adult supervision. The way you sound like, you might actually take it as a plus point!

5. With the kind of night life it has, cant understand when kids actually study!! Ofcourse, it can not be anywhere near Bangalore. But folks in Manipal are likely to point out that Quality rules over Quantity! :)
You are really giving me good vibes about Manipal if i get through i will definitely consider it as one of my main options.

But please check these articles:

http://www.valuemd.com/asian-medical-schools/26324-manipal.html

http://themanipaljournal.com/index.php?news=72

And thanks again guys.

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
So i came back here 2 years back and got admitted directly in 12th because completing SC in O levels equalled to completing 11th.It was a workaholic stateboard reputed private school and there was no learning at all,just drilling and tests.The friends i had were different they were kinda conservative in the sense....they do not joke like men/boys of our age do and not open minded about partying and stuff...they would play football a bit and watch movies and study.

I was like kinda with a rang de basanti group before not patriotic or anything but we were really free we did not care about the society and we would experiment with what we want,we would joke all the time like it was a pissing contest we were in trying to piss the other one off...freely talk about girls,recreational drugs and partying and play video games we were kinda hippie and since i studied under cambridge education system...learning was really a breeze we had tutions and we would follow here and there and understand the things in our own liberty and get ready at the end of the year...and we LEARNT things,i can still point out how an ac motor could be used to make a fan...it was fun,life was a breeze...

Well i lost it all in that 12th and then i been studying a year long at home for medical entrances.

I even joined srm medical college but it was different from the engineering college which looked cool,i again did not like it because it felt that I was in a school..the students created that atmosphere...i am not saying they are bad but i could not fit i did not find them liberal enough and with want to have fun.
Its like most people were totally brainwashed to an extent by parents maybe they will change in 2nd or 3rd year but i came out of there anyway.

Learning is not a problem i will manage that but i still want to have life,have fun...be liberal and open minded....try out stuff that can only be done now and ofcourse make good friends...

Girls in chennai are not in to dating but rather looking for a long term commitment where they are absolutely sure the guy would stay with them for most of the time but they themselves move on heartlessly of they find someone better...

Its kinda narrowminded and conservative...thats what i found chennai to be...

So guys please help me find the correct place...thanks
Wow you surprise me man. You are in SRM, that too in SRM med College and you still have not lost your viginity yet :p:p:p

What have you been doing here actually:noidea::noidea:

And of course if i had over stated the situation in your Col, correct me. What i am saying is what i hear from my Bro:p:p, who has so many friends in SRM ;)

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
If your joining MBBS

Prefer Karnataka, They are hell of lot of Medical colleges in Mysore, Bangalore and other. Most of my frnds who are studying medicine are from Karnataka.

Although, In AP we have NRI Medical Colleges for guys like you, give a try if you want too.
Dont listen to him. You can just forget your PG if you study in AP;) true story:sad:

Sry sukhoi:(

Mr Joie de vivre

Well if you are in SRM Engineering you can lose your virginity multiple times even,its that good.

But the medical is really shit,i am not there anymore....i was only a week and got back my money and came back.

You can verify with your brother about the med school.

The engineering side is awesome though.

And mr mad where are you in chennai and studying where also what do you think of my opinions of the city or have i just met wrong people?But i am sure there is truth in my words to a great extent.

But maybe i got paranoid and got a bad first impression and left when i should not have....fill me in...

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Brat are you looking for a good education or wimmen?MBBS in India is no cakewalk pursuing that degree will not give you time for extra cirrcular activities
Not exactly. Its only students of the govt med college like us that have problem. I know brats from private colleges who pass without even knowing basic stuff like which bone is where(some have even said femur is in hand:doh:). But for us its day night screwings and no life.

@Mr. Joie de vivre

Dude dont worry , as long as you dont join any govt med col, you will have a life TRUST me. I have seen how much the private college med students enjoy. even my brother is in private college so i know their life:thumb::p:p

Tolaha

You are really giving me good vibes about Manipal if i get through i will definitely consider it as one of my main options.

But please check these articles:

DO NOT GO TO MANIPAL

The Manipal Journal

And thanks again guys.
One link is 2006 and the other 2008. I dont think you will find any college that some of its alumni don't bad-mouth about!

The valuemd link that you posted; It is as much about Manipal as it is about Indians vs NRIs. Irrespective of the college that you select, you might experience this in some level wherever you go. So be prepared for those "cultural" thingies.

Added later: Just went through the complete link. Yeah I know, I'm kinda jobless right now. Me beginning to doubt that you haven't gone through all the posts in that site. Do go through them.

Last edited:

Mr Joie de vivre

Yes you are correct i did not go through all of them.

And Mad Indian I am hoping to end end up at gvmt med school via aipmt...

Not exactly. Its only students of the govt med college like us that have problem. I know brats from private colleges who pass without even knowing basic stuff like which bone is where(some have even said femur is in hand:doh:). But for us its day night screwings and no life.

@Mr. Joie de vivre

Dude dont worry , as long as you dont join any govt med col, you will have a life TRUST me. I have seen how much the private college med students enjoy. even my brother is in private college so i know their life:thumb::p:p
My father studied in Madurai Medical college and it was all fun for him and he is an extraordinary physician.

Which med-school are you in chennai?

I heard MMC is pretty cool

Mr Joie de vivre

I am thinking of moving away from Chennai and hence these kind people have put up a poll and excluded chennai.

I guess Bangalore and Mumbai are on equal footing so chennai might not be upto the mark.

I do not know about Pune.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Well our chennai culture/tamil culture prefers gay dating than heterosexual dating :taunt:

I prefer hetero...
What the hell man, you obviously have a poor circle of friends or social life.

If you want to move out to bangalore you should consider gay dateing because Bangalore is a gay town. i am Serious.

Mumbai is full of criminals,

Delhi is full of thugs who allways fight and you will be shot,

Pune..? I never heard of it

Panjjim? Mud

Manipal has no roads and i am serious but its full of students

Hyderbad is ok..

Srinagar you can date all right..your dead self.. lol

niharjhatn

Where is Patna on the list?

There isn't anything here so atleast you don't get into any trouble regarding your new found "freedom" :D

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Yes you are correct i did not go through all of them.

And Mad Indian I am hoping to end end up at gvmt med school via aipmt...

My father studied in Madurai Medical college and it was all fun for him and he is an extraordinary physician.

Which med-school are you in chennai?

I heard MMC is pretty cool
Here i am, an MMCian :bounce:....

And BTW, if you want to take Govt med col, Forget about your life And stop thinking about girls:p

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Well if you are in SRM Engineering you can lose your virginity multiple times even,its that good.

But the medical is really shit,i am not there anymore....i was only a week and got back my money and came back.

You can verify with your brother about the med school.

The engineering side is awesome though.

And mr mad where are you in chennai and studying where also what do you think of my opinions of the city or have i just met wrong people?But i am sure there is truth in my words to a great extent.

But maybe i got paranoid and got a bad first impression and left when i should not have....fill me in...
No mate. Here people all the casual relationship stuff in the name of long term relation ship. A girl "committed" to you in the first year only to have everything she needs from you before "Moving on" . So my advice, you can go along with them. Trust me, most , atleast in the private med colleges in TN i know of, the girls dont like the long term commitment stuff. True story. But if yoyu gonna be too straight forward in touching them and stuff, and asking for sex outright, it is a big no no :nono:. As i said be patient and subtle, you will reach your goals in say two months max ;)

And as far the med vs eng in SRM, med col is cooler;). What you might have seen is grass is greener on the other side:p. So i think you made a mistake in leaving it prematurely:p

And you are not paranoid, you are actually right. the girls are conservative(atleast they pretend to be:p)in most of TN. This is specially true for govt colleges in Chennai and all colleges(both gvt and pvt) in periphery. And so if you want to screw around and have fun, forget gvt colleges in TN. You can take gvt colleges in Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi. They are far better. Trust me;)

And regarding you Father, which batch was he? My dad is a Madurai medical College alumni:)

Mr Joie de vivre

Here i am, an MMCian :bounce:....

And BTW, if you want to take Govt med col, Forget about your life And stop thinking about girls:p
MMC Madras or MMC Madurai?

What the hell man, you obviously have a poor circle of friends or social life.

If you want to move out to bangalore you should consider gay dateing because Bangalore is a gay town. i am Serious.

Mumbai is full of criminals,

Delhi is full of thugs who allways fight and you will be shot,

Pune..? I never heard of it

Panjjim? Mud

Manipal has no roads and i am serious but its full of students

Hyderbad is ok..

Srinagar you can date all right..your dead self.. lol
Well our Chennai still has loads of problems:

There is no night life or party culture.

The pubs are not easily accessible by common youth and i heard about this pasha thing but only guys like simbhu and rich people are allowed.

But i do have noticed that we are more urbanized than even Banglore with the amount of eat-outs,shopping malls,theatres..etc.

And also as you said i might have a poor circle of friends,I do not disagree and thats the problem i am not sure i will meet my flock of people at the next college i go....whereas most people i know who have studied in Banglore rave about banglore life and how open-minded and liberal people are...like in this forum.

But if you know better please enlighten me as i have been here 2yrs only and one of them was state board 12th and the other has been at home...i would gladly stay put where i am if it was worth it.

Mr Joie de vivre

No mate. Here people all the casual relationship stuff in the name of long term relation ship. A girl "committed" to you in the first year only to have everything she needs from you before "Moving on" . So my advice, you can go along with them. Trust me, most , atleast in the private med colleges in TN i know of, the girls dont like the long term commitment stuff. True story. But if yoyu gonna be too straight forward in touching them and stuff, and asking for sex outright, it is a big no no :nono:. As i said be patient and subtle, you will reach your goals in say two months max ;)

And as far the med vs eng in SRM, med col is cooler;). What you might have seen is grass is greener on the other side:p. So i think you made a mistake in leaving it prematurely:p

And you are not paranoid, you are actually right. the girls are conservative(atleast they pretend to be:p)in most of TN. This is specially true for govt colleges in Chennai and all colleges(both gvt and pvt) in periphery. And so if you want to screw around and have fun, forget gvt colleges in TN. You can take gvt colleges in Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi. They are far better. Trust me;)

And regarding you Father, which batch was he? My dad is a Madurai medical College alumni:)
1976 batch.

I am not after for wimmen as some have misunderstood here...i just miss my old life and i want to experience a good modern student life and yeah dating would be part of it

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles