Mumbai metro completes successful trial run

tramp

Hope they ban the repulsive habit of using chewing tobacco (thambakku) on these trains. The revolting red stains all over Mumbai local trains make me feel like throwing up.
http://m.timesofindia.com/city/mumbai/Mumbai-Metro-trial-run-successful/articleshow/19817279.cms

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
If Reliance is involved in this project, then it'll be invariably shoddy.

pkp8n

If Reliance is involved in this project, then it'll be invariably shoddy.
while Reliance is Concessionaire for this Job they have out sourced the Construction to World Class Companies mostly MNC's for Track and Indian Companies for Civil Construction , So I dont expect the same standards as DMRC Airport Line. Also the Quality Maintenance Protocol for DMRC ( Atleast The Airport Line) is much lower than that of Mumbai Metro.

Illusive

Country flag
So what were the basic forms of traveling till now? Buses and rikshas? In a such populated city?
You must have heard of the famous overcrowded trains of mumbai, they are the main means of transport, buses and ricks are also there along with private taxi companies. Trains in mumbai are north-south connection, this metro is east west connection, will help reduce traffic. But mubai's infra is way behind its population. This project was supposed to be completed 3 years ago, get the picture.

Senior_Miguel

Ok and are there other metro line projected?

You must have heard of the famous overcrowded trains of mumbai, they are the main means of transport, buses and ricks are also there along with private taxi companies. Trains in mumbai are north-south connection, this metro is east west connection, will help reduce traffic. But mubai's infra is way behind its population. This project was supposed to be completed 3 years ago, get the picture.

Illusive

Country flag
Ok and are there other metro line projected?
Yeah there is, there are two, one will start construction this year for underground system(not holding my breath) and the other lines feasibility study is going on which will run parallel to the western railway north south line, taking some pressure of it. There's also a coastal road planned. But i think any project will be useless if its not completed on time which is always the case in Mumbai. Open spaces are worth more than gold. India urgently need other cities to be developed, so that mumbai population decreases.

Senior_Miguel

Delays in infrastructure programs are always an issues. Same as cost overruns. So don't be surprised, if they occure this time as well. I just hope, that the metro won't be so full of people like the one in New Delhi..

Yeah there is, there are two, one will start construction this year for underground system(not holding my breath) and the other lines feasibility study is going on which will run parallel to the western railway north south line, taking some pressure of it. There's also a coastal road planned. But i think any project will be useless if its not completed on time which is always the case in Mumbai. Open spaces are worth more than gold. India urgently need other cities to be developed, so that mumbai population decreases.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
while Reliance is Concessionaire for this Job they have out sourced the Construction to World Class Companies mostly MNC's for Track and Indian Companies for Civil Construction , So I dont expect the same standards as DMRC Airport Line. Also the Quality Maintenance Protocol for DMRC ( Atleast The Airport Line) is much lower than that of Mumbai Metro.
That remains to be seen.

Delhi Metro contractors are bleeding money. Reliance never loses money. ;)

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Reliance Infra to me comes across as a cheap & low quality infrastructure company. The quality of Delhi Airport Metro seems to be compromised by Reliance Infra.

shankyz

Country flag
Reliance Infra had gone for Chinese coach manufacturers for it's Delhi Metro Airport Line , right ? What about Mumbai Metro ? AFAIK , standard DMRC coach suppliers are Bombardier & Mitsubishi-ROTEM .....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

pkp8n

Last edited by a moderator:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles