Mumbai defies Supreme Court in celebrating Dahi Handi

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
@Darth Malgus
You lost the narrative, my friend.

What is heroic in this drama?
SC insulted hindu sentiments. It is getting away with it. What hindus do in their festivals is none of their business.

Instead of reprimanding our Court, we are making a case on it.

I would have titled the thread like,
SC insults Hindus again.

Lets shame SC judges for mocking their own culture. SC judges are most anti-nationalist people in India.

Darth Malgus

Country flag
@Darth Malgus
You lost the narrative, my friend.

What is heroic in this drama?
SC insulted hindu sentiments. It is getting away with it. What hindus do in their festivals is none of their business.

Instead of reprimanding our Court, we are making a case on it.

I would have titled the thread like,
SC insults Hindus again.

Lets shame SC judges for mocking their own culture. SC judges are most anti-nationalist people in India.
I beg to disagree, SC did insult the Hindus but the people coming out in the streets in Defiance is a good thing. Hindus are too timid, Its stuff like this which makes people grow a spine and stand up for themselves. The Civil Disobedience on this matter has been wide spread. Even the opposition parties will be too scared to talk about this...

SC can do nothing on the ground, even Jallikattu was celebrated in TN. Only the larger functions were cancelled or relocated. The more SC and the liberals push Hindus, the more united we will become.

Last edited:

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
I beg to disagree, SC did insult the Hindus but the people coming out in the streets in Defiance is a good thing. Hindus are too timid, Its stuff like this which makes people grow a spine and stand up for themselves. The Civil Disobedience on this matter has been wide spread. Even the opposition parties will be too scared to talk about this...
Karma is bitch.

We have to fight for our own rights on our own turf.

Darth Malgus

Country flag
Karma is bitch.

We have to fight for our own rights on our own turf.
What SC is doing right now it will come back and bite them in the rear. SC has lost it this time. They did this deliberately against the govt. knowing people will defy orders. SC will most liekly make a show cause notice against state and center govt. for not enforcing the SC ruling. But considering the crowd in the ground, such a ruling will only unify Hindu groups..

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
H'ble SC should have given more attention on medical facilities on such occasions rather than fixing the limits like 20feet etc. Really a criticizable judgment !

Bharat Ek Khoj

Stupidity is when you want to oppose SC but end up saying you will break the law :

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Its Deliberate. SC is pissed at govt. for not appointing judges. Centre has been sitting on it for months now.,.
It seems so, you may be right !

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
Stupidity is when you want to oppose SC but end up saying you will break the law :
That's where the spectrum of politics starts. citizens < law < judicial whims < politics : That is how things are in India. Politics is above everything. Politics reaches the masses, judiciary/justice never reaches the masses, it is highly theoretical. Therefore seasoned politicians use this space to break the law as a means to offer resistance to the whims of the judiciary on behalf of the public. If the public feels that it is justified (like the khadi movement, or non-co-operation movement) then the politician stands to gain some brownie points form it. Politics is how the lowest common denominator, i.e the common man, gets his justice delivered to him.

This was an absolutely stupid order from the SC and it needed to be challenged by someone. The judiciary cannot just encroach over civilian aspects and preach their 'separation of powers' lecture to others. SC needs to be put in its place and shown that the same 'separation of powers' principle applies to them too.

Even yesterday I was reading the paper when it said that some divorced dude, as per law stopped paying maintenance to his daughter and wife as the daughter turned 18 and by virtue of being an adult she is counted as a non-dependent. But the HC made him pay the money and said that "you cannot hide behind the law". WTF? what do you mean HIDE behind the law? the reason a law exists is based on the premise that it will be consistently applied in all cases and removes uncertainty from the justice department. The law said that he doesn't need to pay it so he stopped paying it. Instead, when it is convenient to the court, they use the law, but when common man uses the law, he is chided for being someone who 'hides behind the law'. How is he HIDING behind it if he is only following what it says? So what happened was that the judge, based on his personal whims and fancies said that in India children don't become independent at 18 unlike the USA so the father has a moral responsibility to fund her education until PG plus he must pay private tuition fees too. Really nigga? now we are giving judgement based on moral whims? what is the use of a written and codified law then? might as well have Khap panchayats and deliver arbitrary justice.

So next time any husband is asked to pay alimony by any court, the husband's lawyer must argue, "morally speaking, I don't feel like paying it" or when someone is sentenced to death, the convict must say "dear judge, morally speaking, I feel that you have no right to take my life, so I choose to walk out of this trial". Next time a traffic cop stops me for not wearing seat belt, I will say "morally speaking, I don't feel like obeying the rules today". If everyone starts interpreting the rules as they want, the very phrase 'rules' will become a paradox. Or does the SC think that it is the only body which has this privilege to act on their whims and fancies?

The SC should stop putting its stinking nose in matters where it is not qualified to do so. There is a reason they have such low respectability in Indian society. If they keep up with their stupid judicial activism, no common man will ever look at the judicial system as a temple of justice, just a pack of bureaucratic wolves waiting to devour his money based on what they feel is their inalienable god-given right.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
When did SC ban Musalman mutilating the crap out of their body during Muharram procession ?

Especially Shia who comes to the street with Swords and pointed weapons and cut themselves while shouting " Ya Ali Hum nahin thee"

This medieval horseshit is more gruesome and injure more people than Janmashtami.

Bahamut

When did SC ban Musalman mutilating the crap out of their body during Muharram procession ?

Especially Shia who comes to the street with Swords and pointed weapons and cut themselves while shouting " Ya Ali Hum nahin thee"

This medieval horseshit is more gruesome and injure more people than Janmashtami.
It will require just one PIL and SC will ban it but then the person who filed the PIL will die ,you know the reason

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
Its Deliberate. SC is pissed at govt. for not appointing judges. Centre has been sitting on it for months now.,.
SC is dysfunctional because it takes 4 months holiday in a year. These people don't work, they just sit there to suck commissions from court cases like a goon who does hafta vasooli from everyone who comes at his doorstep. Instead of fast tracking the justice delivery mechanism for the sake of the commoners and laying out guidelines to lower courts, the SC keeps itself busy in pompous debates about one or the other constitutional interpretation or some other high brow intellectual shit. The SC judge cries like a baby when cases are pending. I'm glad that the government introduced a new parallel form of judiciary in the form of appellate courts. This will take the monopoly away from the inefficient judiciary and end their gala feast at the expense of the taxpayer. There must be decentralization within the judiciary. The people (or a representative of the people) or a technocratic body must have a say in appointment of judges. They should not be allowed to appoint their own successors as if its their family business, in contempt of the common people's opinion. Their salaries are paid by the taxpayer after all. Let Modi starve the judiciary and bring it to its knees. These people as a group think too highly of themselves but deliver no value to the society. Only nuisance value to rob money from false dowry cases and false rape cases while genuine family property feuds go on for decades after the claimants are long dead. What a shame.

The SC speaks about good faith, let them first show some good faith by giving up the feudal system of collegium and embrace a more meritocratic system. The SC doesn't have the market cornered on victimhood. We have our own concerns which they must address before we release their payments to them. They can't keep asking for appointment of more judges, more payments, more buildings while stonewalling reforms and transparency.

We have all heard the phrase 'eminent lawyer', ever wondered what does it mean? how is an eminent lawyer different from a non-eminent lawyer, does he know a few secret sections of the penal code which others don't? obviously not. So what's so special about him? it only means that he is a chamcha of the judge and therefore the client has a higher probability of winning the case if he pays hefty fees to that eminent lawyer who has a revenue-sharing arrangement with the judge so there is a higher probability of judgement in your favor if you hire the right one. This is what the judiciary has turned into. There's no justice there, just money eating business. That is why the rich always go scott free and the poor get no justice.

Bahamut

SC is dysfunctional because it takes 4 months holiday in a year. These people don't work, they just sit there to suck commissions from court cases like a goon who does hafta vasooli from everyone who comes at his doorstep. Instead of fast tracking the justice delivery mechanism for the sake of the commoners and laying out guidelines to lower courts, the SC keeps itself busy in pompous debates about one or the other constitutional interpretation or some other high brow intellectual shit. The SC judge cries like a baby when cases are pending. I'm glad that the government introduced a new parallel form of judiciary in the form of appellate courts. This will take the monopoly away from the inefficient judiciary and end their gala feast at the expense of the taxpayer. There must be decentralization within the judiciary. The people (or a representative of the people) or a technocratic body must have a say in appointment of judges. They should not be allowed to appoint their own successors as if its their family business, in contempt of the common people's opinion. Their salaries are paid by the taxpayer after all. Let Modi starve the judiciary and bring it to its knees. These people as a group think too highly of themselves but deliver no value to the society. Only nuisance value to rob money from false dowry cases and false rape cases while genuine family property feuds go on for decades after the claimants are long dead. What a shame.

The SC speaks about good faith, let them first show some good faith by giving up the feudal system of collegium and embrace a more meritocratic system. The SC doesn't have the market cornered on victimhood. We have our own concerns which they must address before we release their payments to them. They can't keep asking for appointment of more judges, more payments, more buildings while stonewalling reforms and transparency.

We have all heard the phrase 'eminent lawyer', ever wondered what does it mean? how is an eminent lawyer different from a non-eminent lawyer, does he know a few secret sections of the penal code which others don't? obviously not. So what's so special about him? it only means that he is a chamcha of the judge and therefore the client has a higher probability of winning the case if he pays hefty fees to that eminent lawyer who has a revenue-sharing arrangement with the judge so there is a higher probability of judgement in your favor if you hire the right one. This is what the judiciary has turned into. There's no justice there, just money eating business. That is why the rich always go scott free and the poor get no justice.
Reform in India is stuck be it education,sports or the defenses and no one want to change it .For Judiciary we have e hearing were person can use use video calling to appear in court and we can encourage forensics so that criminal case are solved early.
For divorces ,unless there is abuse the court must try to preserve the marriage but by telling them to sought out their difference . Also father has a bigger role in parenting then just paying money ,increase father right like more visit and the chance of taking kids to vacation.
Put a fine and jail term for misleading the court .Instead of paper file use computer.Judge must justify his judgement in report that must be made public .

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
Reform in India is stuck be it education,sports or the defenses and no one want to change it .For Judiciary we have e hearing were person can use use video calling to appear in court and we can encourage forensics so that criminal case are solved early.
For divorces ,unless there is abuse the court must try to preserve the marriage but by telling them to sought out their difference . Also father has a bigger role in parenting then just paying money ,increase father right like more visit and the chance of taking kids to vacation.
Put a fine and jail term for misleading the court .Instead of paper file use computer.Judge must justify his judgement in report that must be made public .
The real money in judicial business lies in NOT solving the cases promptly, hence taareek pe taareek. If they start solving things fast then how will they earn more money under the table? they have a vested interest in keeping the system inefficient so that they could charge people in exchange for efficiency.

So, they will say, "I can schedule your next hearing after 6 months but if you pay me X amount, I MAY schedule it next week. It's all up to you, if you want prompt hearing then pay up".

Bahamut

So, they will say, "I can schedule your next hearing after 6 months but if you pay me X amount, I MAY schedule it next week. It's all up to you, if you want prompt hearing then pay up".
Let it be decide by a computer ,it will see the judge commitment and give the next date automatically . You cannot bribe a computer .Also put point system on case like criminal case have highest point and the older case have more point to show the importance .Also of if case cross some points then the judge has to answer what is the reason for delay.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
It will require just one PIL and SC will ban it but then the person who filed the PIL will die ,you know the reason
Now SC poking its nose in Hindu religious matters, someone will surely file a PIL.

And buddy, No need to afraid. They threatened to kill Hindu nationalist every day but India is not an Arabistan demographically. Its is a Hindu land and I've no shame in saying that.

Last edited:

Darth Malgus

Country flag

Thanks a lot, that makes a lot more sense. What do you think holds in the future. Any idea what this govt. has planned to do ? I know that the Govt. has been avoiding the appointment of Judges. How long will this go until the Judiciary changes...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles