Muammer Gaddafi dies of Injuries: NTC official

Was the NATO attack on Libya to acquire natural resources or to push democracy?

• Total voters

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I agree with the NTC. Gaddafi's death was because of injuries (fatal) he suffered. And these fatal injuries were caused by bullet wounds were one hit his temple. And, the bullets that wounded Gaddafi came from the guns of NTC fighters. See? The NTC is right! :frusty:

I'm not against executing Gaddafi, that guy is better dead than alive (for Lybia). But boy those NTC fighters were idiots! And clumsy! Could they have killed him more discreetly and made it appear like he was really caught in a crossfire? 8)

pmaitra

From the same news report:

And the eccentric Russian politician Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, who is also the head of the World Chess Federation, said that Colonel Gaddafi's death was a "tragedy" but that he died as a martyr and would be reincarnated.

Mr Ilyumzhinov made a surreal mission to Tripoli in June, where he met with Colonel Gaddafi as an unofficial mediator and played a game of chess with him. Yesterday, he said in a Russian newspaper interview that he had spoken to the Libyan leader numerous times on the phone since. He claimed that Colonel Gaddafi had not been scared of death: "Not a bit! He believed in reincarnation."
Now, who is this Kirsan Ilyumzhinov?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirsan_Ilyumzhinov

Deserves a thread of its own. :)

Update:

Created: http://defenceforumindia.com/documentary/26421-kirsan-ilyumzhinov-chess-came-earth-outer-space.html#post335452

Also see:

Last edited by a moderator:

sandeepdg

What is difference between both then ?

Replace one savage with another ? I thought this was about freedom, democracy, human rights etc
Suffering 40 years of torment and suppression, this was bound to happen when emotions are let loose, my friend. I never said that those who are replacing him in power are a bunch of noble folks. But, I have no qualms in saying that he got a lesser death than what he deserved. Period.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I'm not against executing Gaddafi, that guy is better dead than alive (for Lybia). But boy those NTC fighters were idiots! And clumsy! Could they have killed him more discreetly and made it appear like he was really caught in a crossfire? 8)
absolutely. They could have killed him on sight instead of doing what they did. Reminded Dharmendra in films. "kutte ko chun chun ke maroonga". Was really stupid. But I guess this is what happens when untrained or unprofessional over zealous kids are fighting.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
We've got to give to you this Armand. You and your country deserves the credit for ending the rule of one of the ME's most notorious strongman.:thumb:

But, before this is all forgotten, how is removing Gaddafi different from removing Saddam, a much more brutal dictator? The latter was an opeartion that you are most vehemently opposed. :confused:

pmaitra

We've got to give to you this Armand. You and your country deserves the credit for ending the rule of one of the ME's most notorious strongman.:thumb:

But, before this is all forgotten, how is removing Gaddafi different from removing Saddam, a much more brutal dictator? The latter was an opeartion that you are most vehemently opposed. :confused:
Because Saddam Hussain wanted to switch to Euros from US Dollars for petro trade. It would have been against French interests to annoy Saddam. Moreover, it was a US led invasion and US was going to gain most of the natural resources or benefits therefrom. On the other hand, the assault on Libya and supporting the rebels, supplying them weapons and helping them setup oil port of Benghazi was of direct benefit to France. Also, Gaddafi was trying to get companies from PRC to invest. Removing him would keep PRC out and make it easier for French (and British) companies to invest there. So they had to do this. Note, Germany did not see any gain in this invasion, so they abstained. US voted just for a show of camaraderie and were reluctant participants.

This is plain and simple case of politics with the aim of ensuring energy security.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
@ Pmaitra

It would have been excellent if Iraq succeeded in convincing OPEC to switch to Euro for oil trade. With the Euro now on turmoil oil products should be very cheap... (off topic)

Last edited:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Where was the U.N. when the United States launched illegal invasions and bombings of Iraq, Yugoslavia, and Vietnam?

As long as the Security Council is polarized and the U.N. itself does not have a respectable military force of its own the organization is practically useless.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

OK, listen to the first sentence of the report... UN Authorisation. Our wars are legal, yours are not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
So , who will be next one .....

Bashar al-Assad ?
Three contenders in the list:

1- Assad
2- Khamenei
3- Kayani
4- Kim Jong Il (not from the region)

I honestly wish they take Khamenei out. The mulla brigade has oppressed Iran way too much. Same goes for the Fat Kims.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
This libyan adventure should teach our babus that playing nice means squat. If gaddafi had chemical weapons and missiles pointed at europe then nato wouldn't have done anything.

Not having a true ICBM really annoys me because we have the capability to make it yet we dont :mad2:

Param

This is a wake up call for every country and regime that is in the endangered list that Nukes and WMDs are an issurance policy.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Nope only Assad is a viable conteder. Pakis have nukes. Iran is not libya .
Actually syrian society has been spit with the coptic christians dreading anti christian pogroms as in post revolutionary egypt and the Druze and the kurds are also dreading the same these three groups are backing assad while the sunni majority is against him.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
This is a wake up call for every country and regime that is in the endangered list that Nukes and WMDs are an issurance policy.
No wonder the iranians are raising the stakes.

Param

Actually syrian society has been spit with the coptic christians dreading anti christian pogroms as in post revolutionary egypt and the Druze and the kurds are also dreading the same these three groups are backing assad while the sunni majority is against him.
Fortunately India despite all the socio economic problems, insurgencies is not like those Banana Republics in the Mid east and North Africa.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles