MSBS 5,56 - new Polish assault rifle prototype

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
MSBS 5,56 - new Polish assault rifle prototype

Recently I've read article about new rifle development project called MSBS (Modułowy System Broni Strzeleckiej- Modular Firearms System) and it seems to be quite interesting as first modern non AK-based assault rifle designed in Poland.

Prototype is gas operated with short-stroke piston and rotating bolt. Weapon uses standard M-16 family magazines. All switches, charging handle, and shell ejector are ambidextrous. There are two variants under development- bullpup and classic layout. Rifle is designed to be used with GPBO-40 grenade launcher, which you can see here (click).

Classic layout variant:

Top: older prototype with M4 buttstock and right-side only shell ejector
Bottom: current version

Total length: 98 cm
Empty weight: 3,7 kg

Bullpup variant:

Total length: 72 cm
Empty weight: 3,3 kg

Program schedule:
2007-2010- design and test assault rifle prototypes in bullpup and classic layout
2011-2013- build complete system including assault rifle, sniper rifle, grenade launcher and light machine gun
2014-2016- introduce new weapons

Rahul Singh

Country flag
What's is the name of the bullpup design? To me it looks more like modified TAR-21.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
What's is the name of the bullpup design? To me it looks more like modified TAR-21.
Its a prototype, call MSBS prototypes..

Its upto polish army to decide which one will be for operational use..

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Bullpup vs Conventional again? I wonder who gives final verdict and depending on what, may be they go for referendum?

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
What happened to that Trichy assault rifle we'd made? Did the foreign loving Army reject this as well?

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Dont tell me our Army is going to buy that as well? Our army boys shopping spree would put any women to shame. They just need to stick to what OFB has developed.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Dont tell me our Army is going to buy that as well? Our army boys shopping spree would put any women to shame. They just need to stick to what OFB has developed.
That depends on what OFB has done to upgrade INSAS in last few years..

I hope it dont end like LML Adrino.. i love that bike..

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
That depends on what OFB has done to upgrade INSAS in last few years..

I hope it dont end like LML Adrino.. i love that bike..
LML Adrino was a good bike in its class, no?

A gun is as simple as it gets in defence R&D we need to shut up and take what we got. The American M16 was jamming all over Vietnam at the height of combat. Army needs to shut up and grow up and ask OFB to make alterations as it inducts.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
A gun is as simple as it gets in defence R&D we need to shut up and take what we got. The American M16 was jamming all over Vietnam at the height of combat. Army needs to shut up and grow up and ask OFB to make alterations as it inducts.
..................................... u DONT even read or know what upgrade we are taking abt, No-one talking abt Problems with Insas !

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles