Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Lockheed Martin F-16 IN

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Boeing Hornet E/F Superhornet F-18

Votes: 14 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vijaytripoli

In the mrca race , Indian navy also want there peace of pie. AND for that i think Rafale & S hornet are the strong contenders which can prove their fuul credibility to INDIA NAVY!
chau

p2prada

Indian navy is going for more Mig-29ks and N-LCA. No Rafale and SH for IN.

vijaytripoli

Indian navy is going for more Mig-29ks and N-LCA. No Rafale and SH for IN.
DO u think that INDIAN navy will have some confidence on DRDO naval LCA? don,t joke buddy. lets our lca fly than we will think of naval version!
chau

tharikiran

Country flag
DO u think that INDIAN navy will have some confidence on DRDO naval LCA? don,t joke buddy. lets our lca fly than we will think of naval version!
chau
It seems, it's the Indian Navy which is funding the development of the navy LCA.
Go through the LCA thread on this forum please.

You have got your sources wrong.

Regards,
Hari

pppppppp

Indian Navy is funding the experiment for Naval LCA and is based upon LCA-MKII. This would be the ideal fit for Indian Navy and they also can have numbers and with a AESA radar ang good EWF suite, it will a formidable aircraft coming at a cheaper price.

vijaytripoli

I am not critisizing LCA .but by seeing its development time , doubts appears for the naval LCA!
chau

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I am not critisizing LCA .but by seeing its development time , doubts appears for the naval LCA!
chau
It will be prudent to criticise N-LCA when India's IAC is floating and the N-LCA is not flying off it.

Chau

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The development phase of the LCA is over. Its being weaponized right now and tests flights are being undertaken to validate all that. We will have the first squadron by next year. The DRDO is already working on the Mk11 version of the LCA which has both the AF and Navy on board and both are looking forward to having more numbers of the newer upgrades.

luckyy

The development phase of the LCA is over. Its being weaponized right now and tests flights are being undertaken to validate all that. We will have the first squadron by next year. The DRDO is already working on the Mk11 version of the LCA which has both the AF and Navy on board and both are looking forward to having more numbers of the newer upgrades.
Engine is still the biggest hurdle in LCA program.........

tharikiran

Country flag
chau
You have to understand that it takes time when everything has to be developed indigeniously.

If you compare it with the time frames of other 4.5 gen or 5th gen aircrafts, its pretty much the same.

The good thing is after all these years we just didn't develop a 2nd generation aircraft.

It's going to be a 4.5 gen aircraft with Fly by wire technology, advanced avionics,AESA Radar, extensive use of composites.

We developed it's mission computers... think about it. With regards to engines, they can always be fixed.

I personally feel if India attains self reliance in the software part of any military hardware, then we can manufacture anything.

luckyy

You have to understand that it takes time when everything has to be developed indigeniously.

If you compare it with the time frames of other 4.5 gen or 5th gen aircrafts, its pretty much the same.

The good thing is after all these years we just didn't develop a 2nd generation aircraft.

It's going to be a 4.5 gen aircraft with Fly by wire technology, advanced avionics,AESA Radar, extensive use of composites.

We developed it's mission computers... think about it. With regards to engines, they can always be fixed.

I personally feel if India attains self reliance in the software part of any military hardware, then we can manufacture anything.

i am sure MCA will take much shorter time.

hopefully kaveri engine be also operational by that time.

p2prada

chau
You definitely do not know of LCA's development time. Google is your friend. Even Wiki has a timeline of LCA development. Read through those before commenting on the LCA.

tharikiran

Country flag
i am sure MCA will take much shorter time.

hopefully kaveri engine be also operational by that time.

Have you seen the model of the MCA .

I was extremely impressed. I took me a while to grasp that WE can come up with such an airframe design.

Hats off to the designers.:113:

vijaytripoli

You definitely do not know of LCA's development time. Google is your friend. Even Wiki has a timeline of LCA development. Read through those before commenting on the LCA.
p2prada don,t fire on me. i also know the LCA and i have faith on my INDIAN scientists but the naval version is still far from away.
chau

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Guys there is a separate thread to discuss the MCA. Please use that thread to discuss about it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles