MRCA news and dicussions Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
they are getting the FGFA in 2015 , also they are not worried about the depleted strengh of fighter squadrens like the IAF...

USAF also not buying F-16 any more , but nobody say the same for them...
They will have 10 flying trials aircraft by 2015, serial production has already been moved back to 2016. Russia would take first deliveries in 2018, India in 2019 if the schedule holds firm. Delays will inevitably occur so expect no earlier than 2020 for FGFA. Considering the poor state of UOMZ and their inability to develop an OLS to pass state acceptance trials,they will have to turn to France which will eat up even more time. Russia is quite worried about depleted squadron strength, but they will not accept unfinished systems.

USAF is buying F-35 in the dozens now and thousands in the future, nobody say the same for them because they cover their bases.

JHA

May go up to 300 as IAF planned to retire the MiG-27 soon, still these numbers are speculative.

Just imagining what thing this guys will have on the numbers as 300 :O. Might be a reason that all are fighting :D
Yes..precisely thats the reason...Mig-27 should have been retired yesterday ...
And this is where SH will make its cut...with ~200 Planes to be procured..even if there is a split then also we will have 100 of each...not bad et all

StealthSniper

F-18 crashes in canada. the timing couldn't have been better. both engines failed.

The pilot was assuming that the F-18 could do what a Su-30MKI can do with no problem until he realized that the F-18 is only a bomb truck with a good radar and nothing more.

neo29

The pilot was assuming that the F-18 could do what a Su-30MKI can do with no problem until he realized that the F-18 is only a bomb truck with a good radar and nothing more.
True ... India needs something that is maneuverable like the su-30 mki and very good at dog fights. The USAF style of functioning is different. They use their f-16's for dog fights and sh-18 for ground bombing. Sh-18 is no way good for dog fights. EF and Rafale score in dog fights becoz of their maneuverability and agility.

Agantrope

Simply the outcome of the MRCA will be
60-70 MiG-35 might be a replacement for MiG-29s
200 odd Fighter for the MiG-21 and MiG-27 replacement
40+100 odd fighters as replacement for the MiG-21s

prateikf

Country flag
News report indicate that MIG-35 & F-18 had failed in their trail's at leh. i doubt that these 2 planes would be selected. if they are indeed selected they would be a liability as they would not even be able to start their engine's at high altitudes. Besides the MIG series of aircraft had proved to be a total failure during Kargil causing the IAF to rely completely on just about 50 mirage-2000 to conduct bombing sorties.

Agantrope

News report indicate that MIG-35 & F-18 had failed in their trail's at leh. i doubt that these 2 planes would be selected. if they are indeed selected they would be a liability as they would not even be able to start their engine's at high altitudes. Besides the MIG series of aircraft had proved to be a total failure during Kargil causing the IAF to rely completely on just about 50 mirage-2000 to conduct bombing sorties.
SH no more than a Bomb Truck, MiG-35 is still in prototype phase and needs little refinement. It seems EF200 and Rafale is leading the race. F-16 and gripen are dark horse. Unkil may deliver the F-16 quickly, i mean damn quickly, like the C-130J30

ppgj

F-18 crashes in canada. the timing couldn't have been better. both engines failed.
unfortunate though it was, has no relationship with the the MMRCA contest. for one it was not a "super hornet" rather the older legacy hornet.

here is the video of the crash nicely captured -

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/crashes+Alberta/3315220/story.html

besides crashes are not uncommon for even the best of the fighters. even F 22 Raptor too has crashed in the past. here -

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29881713/

jayz india

Simply the outcome of the MRCA will be
60-70 MiG-35 might be a replacement for MiG-29s
200 odd Fighter for the MiG-21 and MiG-27 replacement
40+100 odd fighters as replacement for the MiG-21s
i dont think the IAF is planning to procure that many no's...more so because we jst had a contract for the upgradation of mig 29's no point in retiring them early now

but for sure i can say that we will go for atleast 200 mrca aircraft(either splitting orders or single type)
but we still have to replace mig 27 and jaguars fast which are close to 220 aircraft in the inventory

if i were the authority i would mass produce lca mk 1 coz at present status it is better than the blunder or j-7. j-8around 150
mrca either a combo of rafale or superhornet or typhoon or superhornet 100 each it will address the issue of rapid decline in the strength of squadrons,cover up the strike,dogfight and point defence aspect of the aerial warfare

Agantrope

i dont think the IAF is planning to procure that many no's...more so because we jst had a contract for the upgradation of mig 29's no point in retiring them early now

but for sure i can say that we will go for atleast 200 mrca aircraft(either splitting orders or single type)
but we still have to replace mig 27 and jaguars fast which are close to 220 aircraft in the inventory

if i were the authority i would mass produce lca mk 1 coz at present status it is better than the blunder or j-7. j-8around 150
mrca either a combo of rafale or superhornet or typhoon or superhornet 100 each it will address the issue of rapid decline in the strength of squadrons,cover up the strike,dogfight and point defence aspect of the aerial warfare
Jaguar is now fitted with a new engines, so i cant hold another 10 years. MiG-27 needs to be replaced soon

Neil

Country flag
what about mirages...??i heard even IAF are buying new ones from france or may be upgrading it[dont know]...??

Agantrope

what about mirages...??i heard even IAF are buying new ones from france or may be upgrading it[dont know]...??
Mirages are being upgraded to 2000-5 Mk 2 standard. now the serious problem is the MiG-21 and 27s

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
mig-21 are being replaced by su-30 but dont know about mig-27....may be mmrca can replace it...??!!
We shouldn't be replacing Mig27 role i.e. CAS by a 100mil $ MRCA fighter. It will be money splurging & totally unjustified :emot100:

vijay jagannathan

boss, superhornet or older hornet avionics and radar don;t fly the plane---do they? engine does. both engines failed. engines are the same!!! aren't hey? everyone knows fighters crash all the time(except LCA) but wasn't the timing perfect just as the MRCA is being wound up.:emot159:

Agantrope

We shouldn't be replacing Mig27 role i.e. CAS by a 100mil $ MRCA fighter. It will be money splurging & totally unjustified :emot100:
Apart from MRCA we will be buying 1-2 aircrafts in my opinion

MiG-35s
Gripens to arrest the short fall of the Squadron numbers. I wont be surprised to see the Gripen NG with Kaveri in soon future if we opt to buy that. Saab wont tell a word on that

Neil

Country flag
dude....replacement doesnt mean just numbers...we are getting better tech so we are replacing it.....
we cant replace a jet with the same tech....for for better tech money has to be splurged....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles