Most expensive Chinese movie "Flowers of War" flops spectacularly in the US

KS

Bye bye DFI
If its a hit in China, why bother ?

niceguy2011

Tihar Jail
Banned
Where r u? fake french guy, answer my question. Don't be a coward.

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
All the girls have crush on white guy... that much is true.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Well, there has been some excellent Chinese movies in the past. I am (was?) a big fan of the Hong Kong action scene of the 80's, and even some of the movies produced in the last decade, such as Hero and Red Cliff have been decent.

IMO they should have stuck with movies like that rather than the forced inclusion of Bale in what can only be described as... "weird" :D
dude hero is a bullshit movie... i mean i get it, there is a good moral to the story, "Nation above everything else" but all the walking on water bs just effed it up for... apart from that the only plus points are Jet Li, Tony Leung and the hottie Maggie Cheung :thumb: ... some great Chinese movies would be Infernal Affairs series (DiCaprio starring Departed was copied from this), Red Cliff, Home Run (Singaporean Chinese: very beautiful movie ), Wheels on meals (has possibly the best JC one-on-one fight scene ), Police Story Series, Little Big Soldier, House of the Flying Daggers and the recently released movie Shaolin (2011).

p2prada

Oh no, I must risk my life for guitar strings. :laugh:
You sure are on a roll. How about a review?

Does the movie end up being melodramatic or a Saving Private Ryan kinda ending? Sucks if it's the former.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
You sure are on a roll. How about a review?

Does the movie end up being melodramatic or a Saving Private Ryan kinda ending? Sucks if it's the former.
The first hour you are laughing your a$$ off at Chinese propaganda. It gets more serious the second hour and ends with self sacrifice, there is a real twist when the gay alterboy turns himself over to be abused by Jap soldiers to save the girls.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Niceguy, what is the point of proving he being a white?

White or brown, he ridiculed India sometimes even in this forum.

People who is interested in the movie, please watch the movie first before you make your judgement based on someone who claims to have watched it. I will post a link for download when it is available on internet,

nimo_cn

Country flag
I am watching it now, it is typical oversenationalism. The first scene, rather funny is a squad of Chicoms running in a line towards a tank. They get mowed down one by one until the last man rolls under the tank and blows himself up. ::laugh:
I thought Chicom is a derogatory term for Chinese communist. But as far as know, there is no communist in the movie.

nimo_cn

Country flag
By the way, China held up for 8 years and won the war in the end. French lost their sovereignty 3 months after the Germans invaded.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I only mean the fake French is a Indian.
What I mean is that your anti-India feelings are so strong that even when a French dude makes fun of a Chinese movie your mind forces you to think that he's Indian. That is why I said clear your mind and chill.

balai_c

Niceguy,ignore armand he is a natural troll. I have seen him ruin many threads through his boorish behavior. Even to argue with someone, you need good cogent logical reasoning skills,something he lacks. Yes, he badmouths both Chinese and Indians here.He considers anything western to be naturally superior. We have a saying here,you can make the blind see by healing him,but you cannot make someone see who have forcefully shut their eyes. Ignore him,it will keep you calm.

niceguy2011

Tihar Jail
Banned
What I mean is that your anti-India feelings are so strong that even when a French dude makes fun of a Chinese movie your mind forces you to think that he's Indian. That is why I said clear your mind and chill.
French dude? U should confirm it by the fake man. he did not answer my question.

niceguy2011

Tihar Jail
Banned
Niceguy,ignore armand he is a natural troll. I have seen him ruin many threads through his boorish behavior. Even to argue with someone, you need good cogent logical reasoning skills,something he lacks. Yes, he badmouths both Chinese and Indians here.He considers anything western to be naturally superior. We have a saying here,you can make the blind see by healing him,but you cannot make someone see who have forcefully shut their eyes. Ignore him,it will keep you calm.
Thank you !

niharjhatn

I only mean the fake French is a Indian.
LOL why the eff would an Indian guy rack up close to 6000 posts in an Indian forum, and then pretend to be French? Trying to pull off some sort of femme fatale?

The fact that you come up with such outrageous explanations... :confused:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
French dude? U should confirm it by the fake man. he did not answer my question.
Ok assume he's not French. Why are you assuming he's Indian. It is because of your subconscious (or conscious) dislike of India. Anyway Happy Chinese New Year.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles