Mosque at Ground Zero? Plan angers NY

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
This is awesome. They're 100% within their right to build there.

dude....meaning....please...??
He literally means "they're picking up coins thrown on graves". Let's see how that imaam keeps up with gay prostitutes and loud music next to him.

Last edited:

bhramos

Country flag
Compromise? Imam Rauf challenged over 'Ground Zero' mosque

The imam leading the effort to build an Islamic centre and mosque in New York near the World Trade Centre site said on Monday that a resolution to the raging debate over its location was being examined. "We are exploring all options as we speak right now, and we are working to what will be a solution, God willing, that will resolve this crisis, defuse it and not create any unforeseen or untoward circumstances that we do not want to see happen," Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf said, during a question-and-answer session following a speech before the Council on Foreign Relations. He did not elaborate on whether the options included moving the centre from its current site two blocks from ground zero

Last edited by a moderator:

bhramos

Country flag
Man burns Quran at Ground Zero on 9/11 as mosque protests rock NY

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The man is a fool to burn a Koran.

Will it stop the terrorism?

Or fan it?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
The man is a fool to burn a Koran.

Will it stop the terrorism?

Or fan it?
He probably burned the page where it was written about Jesus. I bet the fat slob didn't know Jesus is mentioned more than Prophet Muhammad in quran.

i hate ignorant people.

neo29

If Hindu temple okay at ground zero, why not mosque: Obama

WASHINGTON: On the eve of the ninth anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks, President Barack Obama on Friday strongly defended the building of a mosque near Ground Zero, saying that if one can build a Hindu temple then why not a mosque.

"With respect to the mosque in New York, I've been pretty clear on my position here," Obama said when asked about the controversy surrounding the construction of a mosque near the Ground Zero in the New York city.

He said the US believes in the inalienable right to allow its citizens to practice their religion freely.

"This country stands for the proposition that all men and women are created equal, that they have certain inalienable rights; one of those inalienable rights is to practice their religion freely," he argued ahead of the ninth anniversary of the September 11 terror attacks that killed nearly 300 people.

"And what that means is that if you could build a church on a site, you could build a synagogue on a site, if you could build a Hindu temple on a site, then you should be able to build a mosque on the site," Obama said.

He also remembered the victims of the 9/11 attacks and their families who continue to live with a sense of loss.

"I recognize the extraordinary sensitivities around 9/11. I've met with families of 9/11 victims in the past.I can only imagine the continuing pain and anguish and sense of loss that they may go through," he said

"And tomorrow, we as Americans are going to be joining them in prayer and remembrance," Obama said.

Most Americans have opposed construction of the planned mosque near Ground Zero, according to the Washington Post- ABC News poll.

Most Americans say the planned Muslim community centre and place of worship should not be built in Lower Manhattan, near the site of the Twin Towers which were blown up by al Qaeda terrorists on September 11, 2001.

Two-thirds of those polled object to the mosque near Ground Zero while a slim majority expresses strongly negative views.

As many as 82 per cent of those who oppose the construction say it's because of the location, although 14 per cent (nine per cent of all Americans) say they would oppose such building anywhere in the country.

EagleOne

mostly because of the people who have done it.

IMO they need to build a peace memorial. like Hiroshima peace memorial .

pmaitra

mostly because of the people who have done it.

IMO they need to build a peace memorial. like Hiroshima peace memorial .
Totally agree. There should no religious (whatever be the religion) building anywhere close to Ground Zero.

No offense to anyone, but building a religious building at Ground Zero does indeed show insensitivity. I understand it may not be logical, but attempting to explain logic to Americans, especially those who have lost their family and friends in the 9/11 attacks only shows further insensitivity.

They should build a Peace Memorial there.

pmaitra

"If Hindu temple okay at ground zero, why not mosque: Obama"

Obama and his ifs and buts. There is no proposed Hindu Temple at Ground Zero, so Obama needs to stick to objective evaluation and avoid populist and attention-grabbing headline-making eloquence!

IMHO, they should build a secular Peace Memorial that does not explicitly indicate any particular faith.

pankaj nema

Country flag
Mr Obama has to be POLITICALLY CORRECT.
So he will say all the right things. But the recent turmoil which recently resulted in the "most tense" 9/11 anniversary , has all but "closed " this proposal for a ground zero mosque.

What 9/11 could not do HAS BEEN DONE by this proposed mosque ie create ISLAMO PHOBIA

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
This mosque is guaranteed by the Constitution of USA, nothing anyone can do against this. And the Mosque is being built a few blocks away from the actual Ground Zero.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
IMHO, this topic has already been beaten to pulp in past threads. Also, what's the thing with highlighting Hinduism alone ?
Lets read his quote carefully and completely, but not selectively.

He said : "Church on a site, you could build a synagogue on a site, if you could build a Hindu temple on a site, then you should be able to build a mosque on the site"

not "if you could build a Hindu temple on a site, then you should be able to build a mosque on the site" alone.

He implies secular liberty, not religious comparison.

keshtopatel

When Muslims dont allow Temples and Church in Saudi - why demand one - that also where it hurts the most to Americans........Yanks were slapped once, not twice this time. This act is akin to adding fuel to the fire.......No "HOUSE OF SHARIA" ON GROUND ZERO - PERIOD! as Greet Wilders has said.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
When Muslims dont allow Temples and Church in Saudi - why demand one - that also where it hurts the most to Americans........Yanks were slapped once, not twice this time. This act is akin to adding fuel to the fire.......No "HOUSE OF SHARIA" ON GROUND ZERO - PERIOD! as Greet Wilders has said.
1. Saudi Arabia is a Theocratic Monarchy and USA is a Secular Republic Democracy.
2. All Muslims are not the Saudi Monarch nor are all Muslims terrorists.

You know all of this very well, and this has been discussed ad nauseum in the threads. So please desist from flaming and trolling. Or I will actively do the needful for you. Take your pick, I am not in the best of moods.

jatkshatriya

1. Saudi Arabia is a Theocratic Monarchy and USA is a Secular Republic Democracy.
2. All Muslims are not the Saudi Monarch nor are all Muslims terrorists.

You know all of this very well, and this has been discussed ad nauseum in the threads. So please desist from flaming and trolling. Or I will actively do the needful for you. Take your pick, I am not in the best of moods.
Singh , he made a point..he was not abusive..u are over using ur powers..so u better take a chill pill..

Global Defence

New threads

Articles