Morrocan born Imam denied permits to build cultural center in Montreal

Free Karma

Re: Morrocan born Imam denied permits to build cultural center in Mont

Hmm...what is this, no freedom of religion, what is their equivalent of article 25? Obama should make a speech :lol:

sorcerer

Country flag

Absoultely..
This is good. The law of the land should allow the growth of other ethinicities under a regulated framework.
From preserving the heritage of a land to extrimism.. the world has seen fanatism in all shapes and sizes

BEWARE THE RISING MEGA MOSQUES – Desecrating the skylines of Europe
As the Muslim population in Europe increases by more than one million people per year, Muslims across the continent are becoming increasingly more assertive in their demands to build high-profile mosques that clearly are meant to challenge the European status quo.

HUDSON – As Americans debate the appropriateness of building a Muslim mosque near Ground Zero in New York City, similar discussions have been taking place in towns and cities across Europe, where the spread of Islam is far more advanced than it is in the United States. Although Muslims and their supporters in Europe usually frame the issue of mosque construction within the context of granting religious freedom to minorities, most, if not all, of the more controversial European mosque projects are motivated by politics at least as much as by religion.

There currently are an estimated 6,000 mosques in Europe. Critics say the construction of mosques is part of a strategy for the Islamization of Europe.
They point to comments by Muslim leaders like Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who has bragged: "The mosques are our barracks, the domes our helmets, the minarets our bayonets and the faithful our soldiers." Erdogan has also told Turkish immigrants in Germany that "assimilation is a crime against humanity."

Although Europe's postmodern political elites, especially on the left, have encouraged the rise of Islam in Europe, often in a deliberate attempt to undermine the influence of Judeo-Christian values on the continent, growing numbers of ordinary Europeans are saying that the social experiment called multiculturalism has

gone too far. Voters in countries ranging from Austria to Spain, and many places in between, have been pushing back against the unfettered expansion of Islam in Europe.

In Britain, plans to build Europe's biggest mosque in London were scrapped in January 2010, after some 250,000 people petitioned the government to prevent the project from moving forward. The so-called mega-mosque, which was being promoted by Tablighi Jamaat, a secretive Islamic sect that has been tied to Al Qaeda, would have held four times as many worshippers as Britain's largest Anglican cathedral. there are an estimated 1,600 mosques in Britain, almost half of which are under the control of the hardline Islamic Deobandi sect, whose leading preacher, Riyadh ul Haq, supports armed jihad and preaches contempt for Jews, Christians and Hindus.

In Germany, a controversial new mega mosque in Cologne which will hold up to 4,000 worshippers, will have a large dome and two 55-meter (180 feet) minarets that will be as tall as an 18-story office tower. The 4,500-square-meter (48,000-square-foot) mosque has a price tag of €20 million ($26 million). . Critics of the project say the mosque will spoil Cologne's skyline by taking attention away from the city's Gothic cathedral, a globally famous Christian landmark.

In France, construction began in May 2010 of a new mega mosque in Marseille, France's second-largest city which is home to 250,000 Muslims. The Grand Mosque, which at 92,000 square feet will accommodate up to 7,000 worshippers in a vast prayer hall, is designed to be the biggest and most potent symbol of Islam's place in modern France. At least two lawsuits filed by groups attempting to block construction of the mosque have failed. France's most prominent Muslim leader, the rector of the Grande Mosque of Paris, recently called for the number of mosques in France to be doubled to 4,000.

In Sweden, the Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Mosque, also known as the Stockholm Grand Mosque, can accommodate up to 2,000 worshippers.The mosque's leadership has been accused of having ties to the Sunni pan-Islamist movement Muslim Brotherhood. The Stockholm Grande Mosque Foundation is now proposing the construction of an 11,000-square-meter Andalusian-style mega mosque in the Tensta district of northern Stockholm.

In Denmark, the municipality of Copenhagen has approved the construction of a mega mosque in the Nørrebro district that its sponsor, the Iran-based Al-ul Bayt Association, says will be the largest mosque in Europe.

In Poland, a group affiliated with the radical Muslim Brotherhood has announced plans to build a mega mosque in Warsaw.
The so-called Center for Islamic Culture in Poland is designed to accommodate up to 10,000 worshippers. At 12 meters high, the mosque will be accompanied by a minaret of 18 meters. Opponents of the mosque say they oppose "a mosque built with Saudi money when it's illegal to have a Bible or cross in Saudi Arabia."

In Spain, Muslims have demanded they be given the right to worship in the cathedral of Córdoba. The 24,000-square-meter building was a mosque during the medieval Islamic kingdom of Al-Andalus. It was turned into a Christian cathedral in the 13th century. Muslims are hoping to recreate the ancient city of Córdoba, which was once the heart of Al-Andalus, as a pilgrimage site for Muslims throughout Europe.

In Switzerland, voters in 2009 overwhelmingly approved a referendum to ban the construction of minarets. The surprise outcome of the referendum, which passed with a clear majority of 57.5 percent of the voters, represented a turning point in the debate about Islam, not only in Switzerland, but across Europe more generally. Similar minaret bans have been proposed in Holland and Italy.

In Holland, construction of the Essalam mega mosque in Rotterdam was halted after the builders ran out of money. The Dubai-based Al Maksoum Foundation has promised to cover the €2.6 million shortfall. The Dutch government is reportedly co-financing the construction of the new mosque at Ground Zero with $1 million of Dutch taxpayers' money.

In Italy, Interior Minister Roberto Maroni said he wants to close a Milan mosque because crowds attending Friday prayers spill onto the street and bother the neighbors. In 2008, the city of Bologna scrapped plans for a new mosque, saying Muslim leaders failed to meet certain requirements, including making public its source of funding. Meanwhile, an estimated 60 percent of the mosques in Italy are controlled either directly or indirectly by the Muslim Brotherhood. In April 2010, the imam of Milan's central Viale Jenner mosque, the Egyptian-born Abu Imad, was arrested on terrorism charges.

In Austria, the southern province of Carinthia in 2008 passed a law that effectively bans the construction of mosques or minarets by requiring them to fit within the overall look and harmony of villages and towns.
In Bad Voslau, a traditional Austrian town of about 11,000 people south of Vienna, local residents are up in arms over amulti-million dollar Islamic Cultural Center that was built with help from the Turkish government.

In Belgium, dozens of Christian churches are being turned into mosques as Christian congregations decline while Muslims demand more places to worship.
In the city of Beringen, the rector of the Fatih mosque recently asked the municipality for permission to install loudspeakers on the minaret so that the muezzin can call the faithful to prayer five times a day.

http://www.barenakedislam.com/2011/...a-mosques-desecrating-the-skylines-of-europe/

sorcerer

Country flag

London Rejects Plan for Mega-Mosque
"You watch how we get angry." — Abjol Miah, activist, Islamic Forum for Europe
Authorities in London have rejected a controversial proposal by a radical Islamic group to build one of the largest mosques in the world near the city's Olympic Stadium.

Prominent Muslims have responded to the news by vowing to punish the Labour Party in future elections unless the decision is reversed and the application to build the mosque is approved immediately.
London Rejects Plan for Mega-Mosque

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

I had a chat with a British citizen of Indian origin.

It appears that most British citizens including who are not native Britons are tired of the appeasement of fundamentalism by the British Govt and quite a few non native Britons are joining or voting for the UKIP.

Sadly, the Muslim community is getting alienated from the world by the stupid statements and activities of fundamentalists and some rabid Mullahmen.

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag

Tajik IS Militant In Syria: 'We'll Convert Native Americans To Islam And Build Them Mosques'

A Tajik militant claiming to be fighting alongside the Islamic State (IS) group in Syria has told RFE/RL's Tajik Service, Radio Ozodi, that his goal is to introduce Shari'a law throughout the world, including among Native Americans.

The 38-year-old militant, who gave his name as Nusrat Nazarov, also goes under several other names including Makhsumi Nurat and Abu Kholidi Kulobi. A video of a Tajik militant named Abu Kholidi Kulobi appeared online in August.

Nazarov says that he is from the village of Charmgaron in the Kulob district of Tajikistan and that he went to Syria two years ago and now lives in a suburb of Raqqa, the Islamic State group's de facto capital in Syria.

According to Nazarov, he had been living and working in Moscow before coming to Syria via Turkey.

"This is not the only route. There are dozens of other ways for our brothers to unite with us. If Turkey closes the route, then there is Yemen and other states," Nazarov said.

According to Nazarov, he originally fought alongside Jabhat al-Nusra, Al-Qaeda's Syrian affiliate.

"After I learned about their cooperation with the West, I quit their ranks," Nazarov said.

Devotion, Not Dollars

Nazarov emphasized that he had held "jihadist intentions" since the early 1990s and that he had studied the basics of Islam since he was a child.

According to Nazarov, during the early 1990s he took part in religious preaching in the main square of the Tajik capital, Dushanbe.

"I wasn't forced to come here. I came as a devout Muslim. I came for faith, not for cash," Nazarov said of his decision to come to Syria, refuting allegations that he had done so to make money.

Nazarov told Radio Ozodi that there are as many as 2,000 Tajiks fighting in IS and that around 500 had been killed.

"Here you see people and you feel like you're in Tajikistan. If things go on the way they have been doing in Tajikistan, there won't be anyone left, they will all come here," Nazarov said.

However, these figures are almost certainly hyperbole. While it is not known exactly how many Tajik nationals are fighting in Syria, the State Committee for the National Security of Tajikistan said in November that as many as 300 Tajiks have gone to join the fighting.

According to Edward Lemon from the UK's University of Exeter, who researches and tracks Tajik militants in Iraq and Syria, there are over 60 documented Tajiks in Syria.

Spreading Shari'a -- Even To Native Americans

Nazarov said that IS planned to spread Shari'a law around the world and subjugate the global population to the "caliphate" (the name given by IS to the areas under its control.)

"Even the [Native Americans] will have to live under Shari'a. We will take them tubeteikas [Central Asian caps, worn in Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Kazakhstan], we will build mosques for them, and we will live with them according to the laws of Allah," Nazarov said.

The Tajik militant, however, threatened to kill Tajik religious figures who had spoken out against Tajik nationals traveling to Syria to wage jihad.

Despite his threats, however, Nazarov insisted that he wanted to "spread Shari'a law in Tajikistan without war."

'I Begged My Wife To Join Me, But She Refused'

Nazarov said that he had begged his wife to join him in Syria, but she would not come.

The Tajik militant also commented on a video message made by his brother, Khairollo Nazarov, who asked him to come home.

"I heard his words. The words that he said are those of the government. They'd better not blackmail my wife, because that will lead to not very good consequences for officials in Tajikistan," Nazarov said.

The Tajik militant told Radio Ozodi that his family in Tajikistan is under "constant pressure" to bring him back to his homeland.

'I'll Kill You All'

Earlier this month, a Tajik journalist reported that he had received threats from Nazarov.

Ibrokhim Ahmad, the chief editor of the independent newspaper Pajk, which is distributed mainly in the south of Tajikistan, said that on the evening of January 6 he had received a telephone call from a man calling himself "Makhsum Musrat" -- also known as Nazarov -- who said he was fighting with IS in Syria.

The militant said he was not happy with certain materials that had been published in Pajk, which he said "denigrated the mujahedin [militants]."

Nazarov then threatened to avenge himself against the reporters who had published the materials.

"He demanded that we refrain from publishing anything that vilified the mujahideen. He was unhappy about the fact that we had published his photo. He also said that if we continue to publish such material, he has people in Tajikistan whom he has tasked to kill the journalists who wrote this material," Ahmad said.

Nazarov's brother Khairollo said that the threats should not be taken seriously.

"He hasn't got people in Kulob. The only person he has is me, his brother. I've been driving taxis for 20 years, I pray, and I don't have any complaints against anyone. I'm also looking after his three kids. Can a normal person ditch his children and go to fight?!" Khairollo said.

-- Joanna Paraszczuk
Tajik IS Militant In Syria: 'We'll Convert Native Americans To Islam And Build Them Mosques'

SADAKHUSH

Country flag

I had a chat with a British citizen of Indian origin.

It appears that most British citizens including who are not native Britons are tired of the appeasement of fundamentalism by the British Govt and quite a few non native Britons are joining or voting for the UKIP.

Sadly, the Muslim community is getting alienated from the world by the stupid statements and activities of fundamentalists and some rabid Mullahmen.
It is sign of things to come all around the world except the Islamic state. In Canada, we have immigrants from almost every country in the world, I find the same anti Islamic response from them. If the community leaders do not take a lead to put an end to preaching of violent behaviour than in the foreseeable future there will be mass exodus of people of Muslim faith back to their home countries. We have seen with Muslims leaving USA for Canada.

We live in an era of instant communication and ever increasing inequality between have and have not which is also one of the factor leading to brainwashing of youth and grown ups alike by so called preachers of religion. This gives an opportunity to the right wing elements around the world to stand up and fight back the backward thinking immigrants and how far both sides take this fight is still up for debate. I am sure we the majority will never allow them to destroy our progressive society. I hope leaders from opposing end can come to the table to reach a workable agreement to maintain peace between two opponents.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

It is sign of things to come all around the world except the Islamic state. In Canada, we have immigrants from almost every country in the world, I find the same anti Islamic response from them. If the community leaders do not take a lead to put an end to preaching of violent behaviour than in the foreseeable future there will be mass exodus of people of Muslim faith back to their home countries. We have seen with Muslims leaving USA for Canada.

We live in an era of instant communication and ever increasing inequality between have and have not which is also one of the factor leading to brainwashing of youth and grown ups alike by so called preachers of religion. This gives an opportunity to the right wing elements around the world to stand up and fight back the backward thinking immigrants and how far both sides take this fight is still up for debate. I am sure we the majority will never allow them to destroy our progressive society. I hope leaders from opposing end can come to the table to reach a workable agreement to maintain peace between two opponents.
The sad part is that the fundamentalists are putting moderate Muslims in a very tight spot.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag

The sad part is that the fundamentalists are putting moderate Muslims in a very tight spot.
These so called moderate also might have some closet fundamentalist who say nothing to oppose extreme fanatics otherwise they will not have guts to come out in open with banners on the streets in democratic countries asking for "Sharia Law" based punishment who opposes their views.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles