More Talwar Class for Indian Navy

blade

The last 3 ships of Talwar class will enter service around the same time as the 3 Shivalik class frigates do. This will be make it a great addition !
But the air defence suit of Talwar class frigates will be very much a questionable matter as it will again carry only shtil system rather than baraks.
Especially when chinese navy is planning to build up a powerfull naval air arm keeping our ships vulnarable to air attact ( even anti-ship missiles are no less of a threat, especially from pakitani P-3Cs fitted with latest Harpoon along with their exocest boats )dosnt look like a wise idea. It seems defence planners are yet to reach culmination as still things are falling apart.Anyways we always have long, trouble some , money eating upgradation programs so why to worry !!!

venkat

The propellar blades are shown clearly. is it not possible to simulate acoustic signatures based on the profiles! it will fall an easy pray to the enemy SONAR! its my dumb doubt!
The propellar is shown clearly in one of the photos though not posted!

enlightened1

Member of The Month JANUARY 2010
The propellar blades are shown clearly. is it not possible to simulate acoustic signatures based on the profiles! it will fall an easy pray to the enemy SONAR! its my dumb doubt!

bhramos

Country flag
Go Teg Go.
i think its impossible to get acoustic signatures on just basing on propellar blades.

enlightened1

Here come the crests!

INS Teg

INS Tarkash

INS Trikand

ironman

Country flag
Talwar class Frigate Pictorial Specification... This one is INS Tabar.​

Flight Deck

Midships

Bridge and Main Mast

Missile Launcher and RBU-6000 ASW Launcher

Gun and Missile Launcher

ZR-90 Shtil/Uragan (SA-N-7) SAM single-rail MS-196 launcher

12 Cell RBU-6000 Rocket Launcher

100 mm Gun

33-mm DTA-53 Torpedo Tube

ironman

Country flag

Kashtan CIWS

Hanger Doors

Air Traffic Control

Ka-31 Helicopter

Single Rail MS-196 launcher and Eight Cell KBSM 3S-14NE vertical launcher

Eight Cell KBSM 3S-14NE Vertical Launcher

Koji

Why in bloody hell do you need the sonar signature of a giant floating ship.

By the way, why is this ship considered stealthy? Isn't the geometrical sides pretty much standard on most destroyers?

Koji

Also, do you guys know what missiles will this ship be armed with along with their ranges?

Vladimir79

Professional
I wonder why they didn't want to spend the extra money for VLS Shtil. It isn't much of a stealth frigate without one.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Why in bloody hell do you need the sonar signature of a giant floating ship.

By the way, why is this ship considered stealthy? Isn't the geometrical sides pretty much standard on most destroyers?
The outward flare and tumblehome hull is apparently designed to reduce radar crosssection. Apart from that, the ship uses certain advanced stealth technologies, that nobody really is privy to. Perhaps SMA alloys- and I'm speculating here- on body parts, given Russia's 25-year experience with nearly-equiatomic NiTi alloys. In addition, the four gas turbines, which develop a total of 56,000 h.p., are mounted on isolated cradles so as to minimize contact with the hull and reduce vibrations and wake and sound/acoustic signatures. Other than that, there's nothing else really I can add. Perhaps one of the technokrats or military pros can provide some information.

Also, do you guys know what missiles will this ship be armed with along with their ranges?
3M-54E Klub anti-ship system with a vertical missile launcher; RBU-6000 jet bomb launcher; the Shtil-1 multi-channel medium-range SAM with its 3S-90 missile launcher, armed with the 9M317 (SA-N-12 'Buk') missile; the Kashtan anti-aircraft missile and artillery system (two on the news ones; each of which consist of two GSh-30k 30mm Gatling guns and and two SA-N-11 SAM clusters); a Puma-Universal artillery system equipped with the A-1903; and the RPK-8 12 barreled RBU-6000 ASW rocket launcher for the 212mm 90R RGB-60 depth charges. For the three Project 1135.6 FFGs (that is, these) and for the follow-on Project 17 FFG, the UVLM system will also be installed. The UVLM module is built by Larsen & Toubro for the BrahMos supersonic MRCM, this also being the module for the three upgraded Kashin 2-class DDGs and the three Project 15A DDG's.

Ranges and engagement altitudes, etc. can be got from the links.

enlightened1

I've been on 2, INS Trishul & INS Tabar, both were pretty much new when I got aboard. Beautiful Ships & very warm crews..

indian_blues

Country flag
why all the name has to start with "T" because it is "T"alwar class?

Rage

DFI TEAM
I'm curious Vlad: can you give us any info on the technical aspects of the guidance system on the booster sequence / short-burn jettisonable steering booster incorporated, that will make the difference between a rail launched version of the Shtil and a VLS missile?

sandeepdg

I also think that without the Barak-1 on board the Talwar class frigates, they won't be having much of an air defense capability. The Shtil missiles and Kashtan CIWS aren't much of protection against ASMs and aircrafts.

Vladimir79

Professional
I also think that without the Barak-1 on board the Talwar class frigates, they won't be having much of an air defense capability. The Shtil missiles and Kashtan CIWS aren't much of protection against ASMs and aircrafts.
Barak-1 didn't protect an Israeli corvette from an outdated Silkworm. Shtil is the Buk-M12 installed aboard ship, we all know that system works fine. If you have any doubts about Kashtan, observe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbj9-q6YBGk

Nothing beats Kashtan-M

bhramos

Country flag
nice video brother.
but what about Cruise Missiles.?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles