Mohenjo daro

ashdoc

Country flag
The real cracker of the movie Mohenjo daro comes in the ending . Instead of being destroyed by waves of Aryans from south Russia and central asia ( as the leftist historians claim ) , the great civilization of Mohenjo daro is drowned in a great flood that sweeps water from the river Sindhu ( Indus ) onto the cities . So the aryans ( who intermingled with dravidians to form hindu civilization ) were not the villains who destroyed the great Indus valley civilization !! How the movie must be biting the leftists !! Instead the Indus valley people themselves cross the flooding river sindhu by a bridge of boats ( a spectacularly photographed scene ) and push east to create a new settlement on the banks of the Ganga---the beginnings of hindu civilization . Needless to say , that is what must have exactly happened . But I could see the leftist critics getting angrier and angrier as they saw the movie , which casts aside their carefully built version of history which paints aryans killing dravidians . Furthermore , the leader of the Indus valley people ( Hrithik Roshan ) uses a trishul ( trident ) to fight his enemies !! The same trishul which is weapon of Hindu God Shiva !! Perfidy !! Now I know why the leftist critics have been howling against the movie , which is better than they claim .

The movie is the story of Hrithik living in a village far from the great city of Mohenjo Daro , but always feeling that his destiny is in the city . And him having visions of a one horned animal that is emblem of the city . Of him marching to the city and falling in love with the daughter ( Pooja Hegde ) of the city's priest and she responding to his overtures . Of him then coming to a clash with Kabir Bedi and Arunoday Singh , who control the city with great tyranny . They have built a dam that diverts the water of the sindhu river , so that gold can be excavated . As Hrithik fights and wins against the evil duo , powerful rains bring a huge flood on the river Sindhu---a flood that will overflow the dam and swamp the Indus valley civilization . It is upto Hrithik to lead his people ( for he is son of their former leader who was killed by Bedi ) to safety .

The fight sequence of Hrithik with the crocodile is good to see when above the water , but it's special effects are not great underwater . Better executed is Hrithik's fight with two huge ferocious cannibals using the trishul . The city of Mohenjo daro is shown authentically and looks awe inspiring . It is divided into the lower city for poorer people and upper city for the affluent . The upper city is more elegant . Photography of the city is really nice . It trades with the Tajiks of central asia ( who bring horses ) and the civilization of Sumer .

Hrithik looks bronzed in the film , and Pooja Hegde looks fair . Kabir Bedi looks every inch an ambitious tyrant , while Arunoday lusts for Pooja . The clothes of the people and the dances---all look good . The truly ancient era of India has been well created by the makers . Music is decent and songs are hummable . The film is a little long , but I was never bored watching it . Acting is okay by everyone .

Verdict---good .

Hari Sud

Country flag
Dating in the movie may be erroneous and still leftist. That migration to north east may have occoured much earlier than stated. That is where the story writer fell prey to left view point. The so called left historians are in fact British stooges. They believe in Max Muller dating the Indian culture at about 1700 to 1800BC. In fact at that time last of the Vedas, the Atharv Ved was being written. The first one, the Rig Ved predates it by a thousand year. Again in order to amass that much of knowledge in The Rig Ved, humans have had to master the mind, body and soul for at least a millennium prior. Hence movie does demolish the Arayan Invasion theory, royally but still gets the dates of north east movement of humanity wrong.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I also liked the movie, it is evident that the prime concern of the director was to keep it historically correct as far as possible, symbols, signs, city and buildings were accurate, the "dancing girl" and "unicorn" were used. At that time women used to be topless which was not possible in this movie so they designed the cloths which can suit the story and time.

I really enjoyed when the protagonist takes his people to the banks of Ganga at the end, as it slaps on face of leftists.

ashdoc

Country flag
Dating in the movie may be erroneous and still leftist. That migration to north east may have occoured much earlier than stated. That is where the story writer fell prey to left view point. The so called left historians are in fact British stooges. They believe in Max Muller dating the Indian culture at about 1700 to 1800BC. In fact at that time last of the Vedas, the Atharv Ved was being written. The first one, the Rig Ved predates it by a thousand year. Again in order to amass that much of knowledge in The Rig Ved, humans have had to master the mind, body and soul for at least a millennium prior. Hence movie does demolish the Arayan Invasion theory, royally but still gets the dates of north east movement of humanity wrong.
date is 2016 BC . maybe because we are in 2016 AD , the director dated the movie to the opposite pole of 2016 BC---something like that .

anoop_mig25

Country flag
The real cracker of the movie Mohenjo daro comes in the ending . Instead of being destroyed by waves of Aryans from south Russia and central asia ( as the leftist historians claim ) , the great civilization of Mohenjo daro is drowned in a great flood that sweeps water from the river Sindhu ( Indus ) onto the cities . So the aryans ( who intermingled with dravidians to form hindu civilization ) were not the villains who destroyed the great Indus valley civilization !! How the movie must be biting the leftists !! Instead the Indus valley people themselves cross the flooding river sindhu by a bridge of boats ( a spectacularly photographed scene ) and push east to create a new settlement on the banks of the Ganga---the beginnings of hindu civilization . Needless to say , that is what must have exactly happened . But I could see the leftist critics getting angrier and angrier as they saw the movie , which casts aside their carefully built version of history which paints aryans killing dravidians . Furthermore , the leader of the Indus valley people ( Hrithik Roshan ) uses a trishul ( trident ) to fight his enemies !! The same trishul which is weapon of Hindu God Shiva !! Perfidy !! Now I know why the leftist critics have been howling against the movie , which is better than they claim .

The movie is the story of Hrithik living in a village far from the great city of Mohenjo Daro , but always feeling that his destiny is in the city . And him having visions of a one horned animal that is emblem of the city . Of him marching to the city and falling in love with the daughter ( Pooja Hegde ) of the city's priest and she responding to his overtures . Of him then coming to a clash with Kabir Bedi and Arunoday Singh , who control the city with great tyranny . They have built a dam that diverts the water of the sindhu river , so that gold can be excavated . As Hrithik fights and wins against the evil duo , powerful rains bring a huge flood on the river Sindhu---a flood that will overflow the dam and swamp the Indus valley civilization . It is upto Hrithik to lead his people ( for he is son of their former leader who was killed by Bedi ) to safety .

The fight sequence of Hrithik with the crocodile is good to see when above the water , but it's special effects are not great underwater . Better executed is Hrithik's fight with two huge ferocious cannibals using the trishul . The city of Mohenjo daro is shown authentically and looks awe inspiring . It is divided into the lower city for poorer people and upper city for the affluent . The upper city is more elegant . Photography of the city is really nice . It trades with the Tajiks of central asia ( who bring horses ) and the civilization of Sumer .

Hrithik looks bronzed in the film , and Pooja Hegde looks fair . Kabir Bedi looks every inch an ambitious tyrant , while Arunoday lusts for Pooja . The clothes of the people and the dances---all look good . The truly ancient era of India has been well created by the makers . Music is decent and songs are hummable . The film is a little long , but I was never bored watching it . Acting is okay by everyone .

Verdict---good .

Now that you have given your Verdict i would see it know

And thats reason this picture got poor/boring verdict from various critic in various newspaper.

from day 1 hour 00 they had been shouting boring

and even hyped rustom .also rustom got support from various bollowood quaters

Srinivas_K

Country flag
There is already civilization in River Ganga banks at the time of Mohenjadaro, ancient India is just like todays India with less population density !

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Now a days for me the benchmark for period films is baahubali, on that basis movie not up to mark for me.
I felt that gowarikar concentrated too much on production values that he lost the plot in other small things. should have spent more on graphics , maybe casting of hrithik ate up all the graphics budget.

Rajiv Malhotra seems to think , that the movie is still influenced by leftist propaganda.

Bharat Ek Khoj

I would have spent my money if the kissing scene wasn't there. I ended up watching another movie instead, spending extra 100.

Bharat Ek Khoj

Now a days for me the benchmark for period films is baahubali, on that basis movie not up to mark for me.
I felt that gowarikar concentrated too much on production values that he lost the plot in other small things. should have spent more on graphics , maybe casting of hrithik ate up all the graphics budget.

Rajiv Malhotra seems to think , that the movie is still influenced by leftist propaganda.

After listening to Rajiv Malhotra, glad I didn't waste money.

LordOfTheUnderworlds

Country flag
People here first trying to make sure if the movie matches Marxist version or Hindutvawadi version for deciding movie is good or bad.

Bharat Ek Khoj

Its a good review, but pi$$ing off Marxists, doesn't make it applaud-able by non-Marxists or anti-Marxists.
As, everybody have their own views.
But agree, it is hard to make movie today that will have no objection from people.
People here first trying to make sure if the movie matches Marxist version or Hindutvawadi version for deciding movie is good or bad.
What is 'hindutvawadi version' ? Why should I believe those people who were living in caves while we had great culture plus were going good in science, maths, art etc...

Hari Sud

Country flag
The Mohenjo Daro, is a poorly crafted drama, made worst by the movie maker. It is a 4,000 years old boy meet the girl, modern day drama. Not a good presentation.

I walked out of the movie hall after one hour and twenty minutes. The plot was not going anywhere.

Hindustani78

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...manuscripts/story-tCyGhbvxOOA4vnvUJYivSN.html

The gurus heading them would be retired professors or historians, and be assisted by scholars or research officers.
Updated: Dec 24, 2017 22:21 IST
Hindustan Times, New Delhi

A sacred text in the hands of monk.(Getty Images/iStockphoto)

• Facing flak for slow progress on identifying, collecting, documenting, preserving and digitising manuscripts, the National Mission for Manuscripts (NMM) has decided to set up 100 gurukulas across the country.

The gurus heading them would be retired professors or historians, and be assisted by scholars or research officers. Their mandate would be to edit and translate manuscripts and finally publish four books each year.

To be initially set up in 15 institutions to conduct research on manuscripts in various languages — Sanskrit, Arabic, Persian and Tibetan — the number would gradually grow to 100.

“We have identified nine institutions so far for setting up gurukulas and do the rest very soon. All 15 would start functioning from April 1,” Dr Dilip Kumar Kar, coordinator of NMM, told HT.

These eight include the Central Institute of Buddhist Studies in Leh, Nava Nalanda Mahavihara in Bihar, Saraswati Research Institute in Odisha, Dr Hari Singh Gaur University and Kundkund Gyan Peeth (both in Madhya Pradesh), Thunchan Memorial Research Centre in Kerala, Sri Chandra Shekharendra Saraswati Vishwa Mahavidyalya and Government Oriental Manuscripts Library (both in Tamil Nadu) and Central Council for Research on Ayurvedic Sciences in New Delhi, Kar added.

Launched in 2003, NMM has so far documented 42 lakh manuscripts, digitised 2.20 lakh manuscripts with 2.5 crore pages, and published 50 volumes. An estimate shows that there are about 10 million manuscripts available in India in the possession of individuals, universities and research organisations.

Dr Kar said that a gurukul evaluation committee would screen the research proposals submitted by these institutions. “Before launching research work, the gurukuls would submit the list of manuscripts they want to conduct research on and the committee would decide the priority,” Dr Kar said.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles