Modi visiting Pak a good idea?

vikas_g

So I've been following pakistani op eds,few of their TV debates etc for some time now and have even been interacting with pious pakistanis on various forums - but one thing common is their hatred for our PM . The 'hatred' was always there even in MMS times but this is different has more to do with Modi's past
I for one am convinced that not just their gullible awam but most of pakistani establishment considers him anti Muslim/Muslim killer/isomorphic etc

To put it bluntly i worry for his security - Modi is no Vajpyee. What do you all think ?Was it good on Modi's part to accept Nawaz's invitation ?

Also we end up risking another back stabbing by pak akin to what they did to Vapyee

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Yes, it is a good thing as per the current variables.
Modi has been trying to project himself as a Global statesman for a year, this would be a feather in his cap.We have to remember that this is a SAARC summit(not a bilateral), so there is no question of not going. Once he reaches there, as long as he remains in his security circle he should be fine, sometimes i get tense seeing him breaking the security ring and starts to shake hands with general public. It is also important to dumb down public expectations before going there.

History shows that we can also be sure that there is going to some terrorist event or the other immediately after a positive between india and pakistan. Question is how serious the event will be,whether modi will go if the event is serious enough?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
What nonsense you people talk... can sensible and responsible people ever talk like that..

Pak hate Modi ..so modi is bad... there must be something wrong.. who has Pakis not hated except for that Mullaha Nehru..

Modi does not want to live long... so you are conspiring to that ?? your statement is noted..

Stupid and nasty anti Modi people ( Can I use some other words for that ??)..

Ok, you understood.. Chale aate hain forum men baqwas karane....

vikas_g

Yes, it is a good thing as per the current variables.
Modi has been trying to project himself as a Global statesman for a year, this would be a feather in his cap.We have to remember that this is a SAARC summit(not a bilateral), so there is no question of not going. Once he reaches there, as long as he remains in his security circle he should be fine, sometimes i get tense seeing him breaking the security ring and starts to shake hands with general public. It is also important to dumb down public expectations before going there.

History shows that we can also be sure that there is going to some terrorist event or the other immediately after a positive between india and pakistan. Question is how serious the event will be,whether modi will go if the event is serious enough?
He has utter disregard for his security, read this :
http://firstpost.com/world/was-pm-n...rget-for-terrorists-in-sri-lanka-2166469.html

It's as if he doesn't care - This happened even with doval by him.

vikas_g

Non sense... that does not mean he has fatal desires to be killed...
Do utter such blasphemy unless you are booked.. for stupidity...
Sir
I don't think he has desire to be killed but i do think the inhabitants of the terrain he is about to set foot to would have no qualms dying for ummah

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Yes, he should visit but should also keep the army in alert 6 months in advance. As their military might try to bring Kashmir issue during talks through attacks in Kashmir.

This is their old tactic.

FRYCRY

Country flag
the general public of pakistan hates him to core & after ajit doval's balochistan statement and 7 years spy job in pakistan , he is on the hit list too.

FRYCRY

Country flag
the general public of pakistan hates him to core & after ajit doval's balochistan statement and 7 years spy job in pakistan , he is on the hit list too.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Well, I was being sarcastic. I am sure Modi doesn't have a death-wish. However, he appears to disregard the general hatred among every single Porki for him, which know no bounds! I would not be surprised if there would be hundreds lining up for the opportunity to kill him in some suicidal attack. And, Pakistani security apparatus is a joke that we all know. It is not seeded with terrorist-sympathiser, but is a terrorist organisation in itself.

India obviously will not be carrying the army security for the PM as Paki will not allow it. So, onl;y option is trusting pakis, and who with a single living braincell does that?

aliyah

Well, I was being sarcastic. I am sure Modi doesn't have a death-wish. However, he appears to disregard the general hatred among every single Porki for him, which know no bounds! I would not be surprised if there would be hundreds lining up for the opportunity to kill him in some suicidal attack. And, Pakistani security apparatus is a joke that we all know. It is not seeded with terrorist-sympathiser, but is a terrorist organisation in itself.

India obviously will not be carrying the army security for the PM as Paki will not allow it. So, onl;y option is trusting pakis, and who with a single living braincell does that?
gud joke.......if modi even go to sudan then also no one has guts n caliber to do that....

sukhish

master stroke by our PM, I remember manmohan never went to PAK during his time in office. surprised that modi waited one year to schedule his visit

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
But PM modi is going to Pakistan to attend SAARC summit. Whats wrong with that ?
What if islamic symphathisers in the Pakistan Army surround the SAARC summit with a brigade sized army and take revenge against India by capturing Modi? Already one of the members of the Pakistani assembly have issued a Rs 100 crore bounty on Modi's capture. Even SPG won't be able to save him. Pakistan won't care what international community wil say on this issue?

They won't harm other SAARC leaders but given the political situation in that country anything can happen. You can search Youtube and see for yourself Pakistan media blaming every problem on India.

sukhish

lets not make conspiracy theories, the main issue that he is at all going. how come such a hey was made for previous GOI to have dialogue with Pakistan, and now the most nationalistic GOI is also doing the same thing. did previous GOI went for any SAARC summit to Pakistan ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles