MODI Should Buy the Fifth Gen F-35 Lightning II FOR INDIAN NAVY - F35 for indian navy

WolfPack86

Country flag
MODI Should Buy the Fifth Gen F-35 Lightning II FOR INDIAN NAVY - F35 for indian navy

Chaffers

Last time I checked they are £200 million a piece. They would only be worth a bit more if they were machined from solid gold!

Stick with the Tejas. Nice little airframe that is.

Anirbann Datta

Eternal Flame
Country flag
Last time I checked they are £200 million a piece. They would only be worth a bit more if they were machined from solid gold!

We are not like the beggars and looters/ thieves like your OWN, so please do me a favor, first poke and clean your nose with Brexit or whatever that issue is, then save your country from becoming a BritOOnisthan, before that or in middle try to give employment to your countrymen( you did well with our looted things for past 270 years, but I guess that, that reserve is going empty now). MORE OVER we have almost recovered what you did with US in 200 years, just in mare 60~ odd years, don't worry, we would FULL, in next coming some years.
Ohh, don't forger, one more thing, One TATA pull off did what to your nation.. haa haaaaa......
PS.
*Don't bla bla for my English proficiency, i don't give a damn, it's not my mother-tongue.
** Don't try to counter with open loo on road, poverty( we have it, we dealing with it-- successfully)
*** Anddddddd---- keep your 230m EU donation for your unemployed s( though THAT meant for the christian NGOs!!!! to convert poor tribal/ Hindus, and to boost instability further).

WITH HATE,
A PROUD INDIAN:india:

Immanuel

Country flag

Norway just bought 27 for $3 billion i.e $111 million per bird, not bad for a 5th gen aircraft.

Chaffers

F35A model from a carrier?

UK ordered 14 B models for £2500 million fairly recently. How many Tejas could you get for that?

Anirbann Datta

Eternal Flame
Country flag
basically how can we poor bastard Indians even dare to dream off that costly western machine with ROYAL marks, a fitly beggar nation like us don't have the money to get a @@ £200 mill bird ( though its not that costly- if at Flyby+ maintenance + trainer all total does not go upto that mark).
WE must be and remain happy with our cardboard/paper plane TEJAS.

Chaffers

Lol,

You have me all wrong my friend! I'd prefer the UK bought the Tejas rather than having 65000 tonne aircraft carriers with 12 gold plated jets on them which don't even have a maritime role .

By the way Norway estimated that each one of its F35As would cost over $750 million over its service life. A lot of the costs are hidden...

Its a white elephant.

Anirbann Datta

Eternal Flame
Country flag
hum Interesting,
now I got you,
lol,
this is the 1st ever time I am seeing a BRITON going against/apart from the mainstream usual British words.
back to topic.

though its costly, I guess GOI/DM won't go for it now, or at-least for next couple of years, as the platform is very new, not battle/ field proven. also it will be a major headache to integrate/fuse the Russian origin systems if bought, ( 99.9% chance America wont allow it).

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Why bother with F-35A when we already started developing AMCA. It may not be as advance as F-35 ( conservatively speaking) but who cares it has be just good enough to take on J-31s and J-20s. Fortunately Tejas has given us infrastructure to start with. So little difficulty than usual. So much for cute little airframe.

WolfPack86

Country flag
Dude, who are you? Why do you always keep advocating American fighters for IAF & IN?
I am not Advocating American Fighters tell me if there is possible to purchase Euro Fighter Typhoon no it is not possible to purchase because govt ban finmeccanica and Italy is partner of Euro Fighter Typhoon there fore it is not possible and rafale purchase not possible because of cost . Gripen not possible because govt looking for twin engine fighter aircraft and Russian fighters not possible because Indian Air Force not interested in Russian fighters. So there is no option left except purchase Amercian Fighters. Beside I am not fond of America or I am not pro America or I am not supporting American Fighters. I am posting American Fighters articles which it is very possible that Indian govt might buy American Fighters.

Last edited:

Kshatriya87

Country flag
I am not Advocating American Fighters tell me if there is possible to purchase Euro Fighter Typhoon no it is not possible to purchase because govt ban finmeccanica and Italy is partner of Euro Fighter Typhoon there fore it is not possible and rafale purchase not possible because of cost . Gripen not possible because govt looking for twin engine fighter aircraft and Russian fighters not possible because Indian Air Force not interested in Russian fighters. So there is no option left except purchase Amercian Fighters. Beside I am not fond of America or I am not pro America or I am not supporting American Fighters. I am posting American Fighters articles which it is very possible that Indian govt might buy American Fighters.
But haven't the cons of F-35 already been highlighted on this forum several times? Maybe we need another fighter, american or not?

kstriya

Country flag
IA
IAF might have allergy to Russian fighters not Indian Navy, these guys are sensible. Dint worry if we need a fight Gen fighter in our IAC 2 then it will be either AMCA or FGFA in the navalised version. Indian Navy rocks

Harinath

Country flag
As per some sources in the internet F-35 would be $85 million per plane by 2019, if that is true, cant we buy it? considering Rafael's high cost?

Rahul Singh

Country flag
FINMECCANICA is also level 2 partner in F-35. How you gona handle that?

Chaffers

You are on the right track with the Tejas. Needs some work and further development but at the end of the day having light fighters on aircraft carriers makes sense.

The F35B is the opposite end of the scale to optimal, and no design purely for naval aviation would produce such a heavy and limited airframe. The USN heavy fighters were a reflection of the nuclear role and threats.. The Yak-141 the upper end.

Day to day it is simplicity and ease of handling at sea that saves lives and makes such a platform available and useful. Every test pilot remarks on the Tejas' handling qualities and the economics of putting gold plated aircraft on ships for them to be battered and crashed make no sense whatsoever.

Give me something that is mechanically simple, can operate in high sea states and get off the deck with a light to reasonable load, make them small to save deck space and make lots of them. I think 1000 of the 1100 F8s crashed, having a handful of F35s is the idiot route which we have gone down.

MarinesMGM140

I haven't been following the RAFALE purchase by India in 2 years. What's happening with 126 RAFALE? India needs those and it needs f22s. Wait till Trump gets in the white house. It'll be F22 production lines in India...lol..F35 would actually make a lot of sense for India, it's technology can be exploited not only to advance Indias aerospace, but it will be a mini awacs for sukhoi, and hopefully Rafales....just my thoughts.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles