Modi offers Gujarat for R&D of military equipment

SpArK

SORCERER

Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Friday advocated more indigenous research and development for the sake of armed forces and offered the state as a manufacturing/research base.

"I would like to call upon defence scientists and experts for more indigenous research and development of latest defence equipment and technology for Indian armed forces," Modi said at a function in Changa, Anand.

He said Gujarat could be a platform for such research and manufacturing.

Modi presented 'Vasvik awards' to 25 scientists at the function. Awards have been instituted by Mumbai-based Vividhlakshi Audyogk Sanshodhan Vikas Kendra (VASVIK) for scientific and industrial research.

PTI

bhramos

Country flag
wow good idea, and good work, but setting up a advanced facility near to border is not feasible.......... and it could be first and easy target...

SpArK

SORCERER
wow good idea, and good work, but setting up a advanced facility near to border is not feasible.......... and it could be first and easy target...
All their cities are a stone throw away..and they wont dare to attack the modi state.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Ahmedabad already has some DRDO labs. By offering Gujarat what does Modi mean? I mean something more concrete than land allocation.

agentperry

defence is not at the mercy of an independent CM. drdo has the right to go to any state. they can venture out at their will and it just requires them to put their fingers at.
drdo is after all central and federal institution. if modi is ramping up the infra for def scientists then its a good gesture but the way- i offer my state for def R&D. uts like gujrat is out of union.

bhramos

Country flag
Ahmedabad already has some DRDO labs. By offering Gujarat what does Modi mean? I mean something more concrete than land allocation.
he means more security for his people, if more labs are present, more air defence cover!!!!!!!!!
am i correct???

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
he means more security for his people, if more labs are present, more air defence cover!!!!!!!!!
am i correct???
I don't think he has air defense in mind when he offers that.

Gujarat is an industrial state, I want to know what Modi has in mind when he says he offers his state.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Love the way this man takes development so seriously. Although before this takes off seriously, I think we'd need to put some serious military reinforcements to ensure that the research facilities don't get damaged by a bunch of Kasabs again. Not that they'd dare to attack the Lion's state... but just as a precaution. National defense is the bottom priority on the of our ministers already. We cannot afford casualties.

Forget DRDO, I mean get privates in it.

Zebra

Country flag
ISRO , NPL are there in Ahmedabad .
Heavy water plant is in Vadodara .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles