Modi Confident India, US can Develop a Genuinely Strategic Alliance

Zebra

Country flag
Defence News - Modi Confident India, US can Develop a Genuinely Strategic Alliance

Monday, September 22, 2014
By : New Indian Express

WASHINGTON: With the mood in Delhi and Washington in harmony, India and the US can develop a genuinely strategic alliance, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi declared ahead of his first summit meeting with US President Barack Obama next week.

"I have a one word answer: Yes. And with great confidence I say aye," Modi told CNN's Fareed Zakaria in a wide-ranging interview, his first since assuming office May 26, when asked if it is possible for the two countries to develop a genuinely strategic alliance. The interview was telecast Sunday.....
:hail:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Re: Modi Confident India, US can Develop a Genuinely Strategic Allianc

Strategic alliance is not a NATO or like any other pacts. It is an alliance based on strategic interests for over a period.

go_tango

I would rather say,India should see its pros and cons first before taking any major steps or agreement,because as u know guys,we cannot trust the West- a fact that time and history has always proved.In CNN I hardly believe..!

Zebra

Country flag

Does it mean, as of yet India-US doesn't have any strategic alliance?

Sylex21

Hopefully this will not turn out to be as disappointing as the Xi Jinping visit.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles