Mobiles, Gadgets and Gizmos

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
My camera - Kodak Easyshare (using which I take pictures of women when they're not looking) :D:D:D:D:D

indian_blues

Country flag
Sony T-70 digital camera.

my assembled pc

CPU - Core 2 Duo E8400
Motherboard - Abit IP35-E
RAM - Transcend 2GB
HDD - Seagate 500GB
GPU - GeCube HD4850 512MB
Monitor - Dell 19'' SE198WFP
SMPS - Corsair VX450W
Cabinet - Zebronics Peace
Logitec G1 Desktop keyboard & mouse
LG DVD Writer

tharikiran

Country flag
Iam a proud owner of Sony Erricson K800i, Ipod Nano, PS2, PS1, and PSP!!!

Looks like iam the only DFI member who own a PSPs portable.:blum3::2guns:
I have PSP 3000.
Game titles are--ACE Combat X, NFS PRO Street and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon

A HP DV2672 Special Edition Laptop.
A Sony Cybershot-DSCT77-- It's very slim.
A Sony Ericsson- W910i Cell phone
Western Digital -500GB mini drive

My dream car would be a Nissan Infinity M45.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
My Personal Gadgets

Dell 15" Studio
Acer Aspire 15" (about to be gifted)
Nokia E51
Nokia simple backup phone
Samsung 37" LCD TV
Ipod Video 30GB (Classic Shape)
Bose Sound Dock
Sony MHC RV??? component system (about to be gifted)
Beard Trimmer (to be replaced)
Headphones x 3 (Creative in-ear, Sony clip on, Philips normal)
Sony PS2 (lying unused)
Tata Sky
Sony N? 10MP touchscreen (lying unused)

My room is being painted at the moment, so pics will have to wait but in the mean time I am posting a pic of my living cum AV room.

Onkyo Amp
Onkyo 5 speakers + 1 Sub
Samsung DVD player
Samsung 42" LCD
Tata Sky

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I have a LG Home theatre system (LH-W751) with wireless speakers :D

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
A HP DV2672 Special Edition Laptop.
Are you sure you don't mean DV2762TX ?
I have the same ! Its a sexy machine !
Check the pic posted by me before to confirm whether its the same.

tharikiran

Country flag
Are you sure you don't mean DV2762TX ?
I have the same ! Its a sexy machine !
Check the pic posted by me before to confirm whether its the same.
yes, It's DV2762TX.I wrongly typed- DV2672.
Totally agree with you.
I upgraded it to 4GB RAM.

ajay_ijn

Country flag
Gadget News and Views

There was no thread for computers and other gadgets, so i am creating one.

Kingston Unveils the Worlds First 256GB USB Flash Drive:eek:

London, UK – 20th July 2009 -- Kingston Technology Europe Ltd, a subsidiary of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the launch of the world’s first 256GB USB flash drive, the Kingston Technology DataTraveler® 300. The Kingston DataTraveler 300, allows users to carry around a whole digital world, from thousands of image files to a whole database of documents. Users will also benefit from quick transfer rates and the option to password protects their data.

The Kingston DataTraveler 300 is ideal for netbook users who want to extend the limited capacity of their machines. It can also be used by business consumers who work with large databases, or even designers who need to transfer large graphic files from one place to another.

“The DataTraveler 300 will enable users to carry huge volumes of data with them everywhere they go – up to 365 CDs for example. That’s one album for every day of the year, and it demonstrates how far flash technology has developed,” said Kirsty Miller, Product Marketing Manager – Consumer, Kingston Technology Europe. “Business users and consumers can also safeguard their data by initializing the Password Traveler software which will allow them to password protect their data in a privacy zone without the need of administrator rights.”

The Kingston DataTraveler 300 features a sleek cap-less design that will protect the USB connector when it is not in use and is enhanced for Windows Readyboost™. The Kingston DataTraveler 300 is available only in 256GB and is backed by a five-year warranty and 24/7 Tech Support. The Kingston DataTraveler is built to order only; customers who wish to purchase the drive can place an order with many reseller and e-tailers.

DataTraveler 300 Product Features and Specifications:
Capacity*** — 256 GB
Speed**** — Data transfer rates of up to 20 MB/sec. read and 10 MB/sec. write
Safeguarded — includes Password Traveler security software for Windows
Convenient — does not require Administrator rights to access the Privacy Zone
Dimensions — 2.78” x 0.67” x 0.87” (70.68 mm x 16.90 mm x 21.99 mm)
Operating Temperature — 32° to 140° F (0° to 60° C)
Storage Temperature — -4° to 185° F (-20° to 85° C)
Simple — just plug into a USB port
Practical — durable, capless design
Guaranteed — five-year warranty
Enhanced — for Windows ReadyBoost™ on Vista-based systems******

* Approximate number of standard JEG pictures at 10 Megapixels. JPEG file sizes vary based upon camera model and default settings, as well as user-selected resolution and compression mode settings.

** Approximate number 1,346m. Based on 500 sheets creates a pile approximately 5cm tall.

*** Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information, please consult Kingston Technology’s Flash Memory Guide at Kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide.

**** Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.

***** Although DT300 is enhanced for ReadyBoost, Password Traveler will not operate properly if ReadyBoost cache is enabled on the drive. However, you may enable ReadyBoost cache on a separate .

ajay_ijn

Country flag
guyz its 256 GB USB drive. Can u believe it?, thats a lottttt of capacity for a something even smaller than pen. i mean even much hypedSSDs just reach 320 GB capacity although they are cheaper and much faster.

Data Traveller 300 is prohibhitively costly- more than 900$ considering the fact that its writing speed is just 10MB/sec. So even by that ideal figure of 10 MB/sec, it will take 7 hours to fill the entire drive. ideal speeds would be close to 100MB per sec.

ajay_ijn

Country flag
details of new upcoming Intel Core i5 processor.
New Intel Core I5 Chip Surfaces on Retailer's Web Site - PC World
Details of an upcoming Core i5 processor from Intel have surfaced on a retailer's Web site.

The Core i5-570 processor will run at 2.66GHz and include 8MB of cache, according to FadFusion. The chip, targeted at mainstream desktops, is priced at US$233.

The processor belongs to the new Core i5 line of processors, which are rumored to launch next month. Intel already offers quad-core Core i7 chips for high-end desktops, and is later expected to launch Core i3 chips for low-end desktops.

Benchmarks for Core i5 processor, Core i5-750, have been posted on multiple Web sites like PC Games Hardware. The quad-core chip has similar specifications as the Core i5-570, running at 2.67GHz, with 8MB of cache, and it draws about 95 watts of power.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
I wonder if that pendrive has the "Ready Boost" feature...

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Nikon Reveals World’s First Projector Camera

Nikon Reveals World’s First Projector Camera

Revolutionises compact digital camera market with a new style of image sharing and viewing

Amsterdam, 4th August 2009 – Nikon Europe today announces the introduction of the world’s first camera with integrated projector as part of its brand new range of COOLPIX cameras. The ground-breaking COOLPIX S1000pj is expected to shake up the compact digital camera market as people begin to see the benefits of sharing and viewing photos and videos using personal projection.

The COOLPIX S1000pj doesn’t just pack a punch with its projector – the compact camera delivers high resolution images with 12.1 effective megapixels and a 2.7” wide viewing-angle TFT LCD monitor. With a high ISO 6400 sensitivity and using Nikon’s exclusive image processing concept, EXPEED, the camera offers the kind of high quality images you expect from Nikon. This is all wrapped up in a sleek aluminium silver or anodized black casing that contains a wide-angle 5x zoom NIKKOR lens.

Mark Pekelharing, Product Line Manager Consumer Products at Nikon Europe B.V: “The launch of our unique COOLPIX projector camera is exciting for gadget and photo lovers everywhere – and another first for Nikon with a compact digital camera that can project images. People can’t help but be blown away by such a beautifully crafted device. It’s packed with everything you need to take amazing photos so easily as well as to show your pictures; a great screen and amazing projector. Sharing photos and videos has never been so easy – or so fun.”

One touch projection
If you’ve ever wanted to share your photos or videos at a party or relive a day’s memories while on your travels, then now you can with one-touch projection on the COOLPIX S1000pj. The built-in projector easily projects an image size from approximately 5 inches up to 40 inches*1. A supplied remote control means that you can wirelessly operate both the projector and usual camera functions, and a simple projection stand is supplied for optimal viewing wherever you are.

Getting the shot you imagine
The COOLPIX S1000pj features Scene Auto mode, whereby the camera automatically selects the appropriate scene mode based on the contents of your shot, allowing picture perfect images at the touch of a button. In addition, five functions to reduce image blur and the Smart Portrait System ensures that you can get those ‘red carpet smiles’ every time. An additional feature enables users to ‘airbrush’ someone’s face using the Skin Softening function to reduce the appearance of blemishes. Together with face tracking and anti-shake functionality, the COOLPIX S1000pj helps you to get the shot you envisaged without any hassle.

The COOLPIX S1000pj will be available at an RRP of £389 / €429*2

my Picturetown
You can now store your images safely and securely using Nikon’s my Picturetown, a free online digital photo storage and sharing service. Easily share photo memories with friends and organise precious memories into online collections. You get 2GB of space free to use for storing thousands of memories and you can upgrade your membership to Gold Account at any time if you need to store more pictures.

Features

Sharper results with five advanced Nikon image stabilising features*3
Nikon's Optical lens shift and Electronic VR image stabilisation systems combine to help produce blur-free images. High ISO 6400*4 capability allows faster shutter speeds when shooting in low light or capturing fast-moving subjects. Motion Detection automatically controls shutter speed and the ISO setting to compensate for subject movement and camera shake. And, Nikon’s original BSS (Best Shot Selector) function automatically shoots a series of sequential frames and saves the one with the sharpest focus.
Nikon’s Smart Portrait System with Skin Softening
Face-priority AF helps produce more satisfying portraits by adjusting focus and exposure for as many as 12 faces in the framed shot. Skin Softening function detects and analyses a framed subject’s skin, and then adjusts smoothness to produce enhanced results. Smile Timer automatically releases the shutter when the subject smiles, while its Blink Proof function shoots two sequential frames, then saves the one in which the subject’s eyes are widest open. Blink Warning presents an alert when it suspects that someone in the shot has blinked. In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically corrects any perceived red-eye effect before saving the image to memory.

Intelligent automated shooting modes that promote carefree shooting
Nikon’s Scene Auto Selector makes it faster and easier to capture the moment by eliminating the need to manually select a scene mode to match the intended shot. This intelligent function determines the subject, analyses the surrounding settings, and then automatically selects the appropriate scene mode for optimal results. Subject Tracking enhances the shooting experience by following the subject’s movement to ensure clear focus and quick response when that special shutter opportunity presents itself. Subject Tracking even functions if the subject moves out of the frame for a second or two.

Quick Retouch
Quick Retouch automatically adjusts the contrast and saturation of selected photos to create an enhanced copy with the right finishing touch.

Other Features

2.7-in. high-resolution LCD monitor with anti-reflection coated cover
16 handy scene modes for optimised shooting in various settings
D-Lighting
Active Zoom
Auto Sort and Favorite Pictures functions
Four movie modes with sound
Time zone function for easy setting of multiple locations
Approx. 36 MB of internal memory
Hi-Speed USB connectivity
*1 Projection area size dependent upon light conditions of the room

*2 Availability dates can vary from region to region. Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer. August 2009 ©2009 Nikon Corporation.

*3 The camera selects and uses only the features required to optimise each image.

*4 ISO 3200 and 6400 are available only for image sizes of 3M (2048 x 1536) or smaller.

proud_indian

Country flag
World's first 3D digital Camera Fuji Finepix Real 3D W1

Fuji Finepix Real 3D W1 Digital Camera Announced

Fuji Introduce the 'World's first 3D digital imaging system that lets you enjoy three dimensional images without the need of 3D glasses'. Wo!

The 10MP 3D digital camera from Fuji is the Real 3D W1 which captures 'precious images just as the eyes sees them' Fuji state and not just still images, but movies too.

This new technology is thanks to Fuji's Real 3D Lens system which is 2 special Fujinon lenses protected from vibration and impact and 2 CCD sensors which has synchronized data passed from them to the Real Photo Processor 3D. The 3D or 2D images are then transferred onto the LCD display where they natural 3D images can be viewed by the naked eye. Enhanced 2D photography is also possible with the W1 and new technologies are on board to create improved images. The Advanced 2D Mode allows you to take two different shots at the same time (Dual Capture) and Sensitivity Mode Dual Shooting allows users to alter the sensitivity setting for the dual capture.

The design is exquisite too, with a 2.8" screen on the rear and a stylish black finish. There are large easy to operate function buttons on either side of the display to shortcut from 2D and 3D modes, zoom, menu and playback.

Fuji have also announced the Fuji Real 3D V1 8inch photo viewer on which your 3D images and movies can be viewed in high resolution. It has a slim, smart design so will look great in any room and allows you to view your 3D footage without the need for 3D glasses and operates with easy to use touch functions.

Fuji Finepix Real 3D W1 Digital Camera Announced

Fuji Finepix Real 3D W1 Tested, Declared "Coolest Camera of the Year"

Just before everyone got completely tired of just talking about how weird-looking Fuji's grin-faced, two-eyed 3D point-and-shoot is, some news: It does work, and it's extremely cool. This according to the Brits at Stuff, who've actually got one.

After briefly making fun of its looks and girth (it's fatty fat, like and EP-1, apparently), the reviewer dives straight into hyperbole, saying he's "just handled the future," and that the device is the "odds-on coolest camera of the year." This sounds like a little much, until you read what it can do:

The amazing bit, the bit that you'll want to show all your friends, is that you can see the photos popping out of the rear LCD in proper 3D, without any need to wear stupid glasses. That is the wonder of a lenticular screen...And I turned it off and on again. And again. A 3D logo kept popping up on (or out of) the LCD and I had to keep doing it to persuade myself that it wasn't my imagination.

Yeah, ok, this sounds pretty fantastic. Fuji's using this same lenticular glasses-less tech across the Real 3D line, so you'll get the same results on the 8-inch V1 digital frame, or on Fuji's special-order paper prints, which Stuff says look like the "free 3D pictures you used to get with packets of cereal, with dinosaurs and things on them," just "much better."

It's not all wonder and whimsy and OH MY GOD, and it's easy to pick out a few early annoyances that could grow into full-fledged problems: the effect isn't as spectacular when the photos don't have seriously pronounced depth of field, and the dual lens system doesn't really work in macro mode, necessitating and awkward workaround. And what about video? Stuff is suspiciously mum on this.

The takeaway? With release set for September and a price expected to fall at around $600, this bifocal beast—which, don't forget, is a regular point-and-shoot and video camera underneath it all—isn't just a one-trick gimmick.

Fuji Finepix Real 3D W1 Tested, Declared "Coolest Camera of the Year" - Fujifilm finepix 3d w1 - Gizmodo

FinePix REAL 3D W1 | Fujifilm Global

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles