Missile test NOTAMs

captscooby81

Country flag
off topic . which missile test is this ?? or was it video editing to hide the missile :eek1:

Okay looks like the video is edited

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag
Interesting. The NOTAM was for 300km but the missile tested was extended range Brahmos! How is it possible?

The NOTAM is -
Pretty simple. You throw the missile to double the height .

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

Vijyes

Pretty simple. You throw the missile to double the height .

This is a cruise missile and hence does not some ballistic rules. Moreover, it is not designed to fly in high altitude

IndianHawk

Country flag
This is a cruise missile and hence does not some ballistic rules. Moreover, it is not designed to fly in high altitude
Well that is the general method of testing long range missile in short range test area.

But your point about cruise missile is valid.
So now is the question what was the trajectory that they tested?

Also tested bramhos Extended range doesn't mean always testing for full range it is still essentially the same missile. So it will be tested for different targets from 200km to 600km.

IndianHawk

Country flag
News reports from Hindu and economic times site that it was the regular version not extended range. 290km.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Well that is the general method of testing long range missile in short range test area.

But your point about cruise missile is valid.
So now is the question what was the trajectory that they tested?

Also tested bramhos Extended range doesn't mean always testing for full range it is still essentially the same missile. So it will be tested for different targets from 200km to 600km.

NOTAM mentions are experimental flight, so it can’t be stock Brahmos that was fired.

IndianHawk

Country flag
NOTAM mentions are experimental flight, so it can’t be stock Brahmos that was fired.
Are NOTAM not issued for operational (stock) missile tests by forces ?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Yes they are, I am unable to recollect the exact nomenclature used in NOTAM for those trails. The word “experimental” does not come in those NOTAMS.

And in the press release they usually mention specifically that random stock was picked by SFC etc. this was missing in the media reports after this particular Brahmos trial.

Vijyes

Not true. NOTAM is issued to notify missile test to nearby ships and planes as well as neighbouring countries so as to take sufficient precaution and prevent panic and damage

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Not true. NOTAM is issued to notify missile test to nearby ships and planes as well as neighbouring countries so as to take sufficient precaution and prevent panic and damage
Yes, I noticed the typo now.
I was specifically talking about this latest Brahmos NOTAM.

Kchontha

Country flag
India has been in the habit of downplaying capabilities of its missiles in the past, it's very much likely this time also however everybody is aware of Brahmos capabilities in respect of its accuracy, precision, speed and range.

India has been seeking to extend the range of the missile further and may test its capability of hitting a target around 500 km. It may be recalled that increasing the missile's range became possible after India's induction into the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) and the first test of the extended range variant of the BrahMos was successfully tested on 11 March 2017 using the mobile autonomous launcher deployed in full configuration.

According to a Sputnik international report, the latest BrahMos missile test is part of ongoing user trials for its extended range of around 450 km, with the version of the missile used in the launch having an upgraded guidance system as well. Other desi media have a different versions of their own.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Immanuel

Country flag
All Brahmos already in inventory will have their software locks removed during periodic maintenance hence operational range is over 500km. This has already started, earliest regiments have begun doing this. Brahmos real range is 600km in HiHi profile, over 450km in a HiLo flight profile. Lo-Lo is now 300km. Speed is higher than Mach 3.0

kurup

Country flag

'Experimental flight trial' is the general nomenclature used for the missile tests from ITR , for operational as well as experimental missile tests.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
If no sources, fake news, only official press releases are reliable
Need to wait a few days before declaring fake... If true... it is usually corroborated from other outlets.. The above news is from Indian express

Kchontha

Country flag
It is matter of family feud, the new Indian express rules the south while the Indian express is the northern version since the demise of Ramnath Goenka the original got split. The only one which reported the failure is the former which too 9 hrs after the test. The missile test failure was told to the new Indian express by a reliable source. At the same time the same newspaper reported successful test from a version of a unnamed defence authority. That means that new Indian express knew that all the media which reported the test earlier didn't mention anywhere in their reporting whether the test was successful or not. This reporting loophole is taken advantage by new Indian express. But the fact is that no media person went to the actual testing site. They assume from the notam and just confirm which missile they are testing then they start writing their rubbish.
Need to wait a few days before declaring fake... If true... it is usually corroborated from other outlets.. The above news is from Indian express
Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles