Missile test NOTAMs

Enquirer

My guess ~ Pinaka

Pinaka Mk2 project is officially 'complete' per DRDO. If this test is ordered by DRDO then it's not for Pinaka. It could be for Akash Mk2.
If the test is ordered by IA then it could be for Pinaka Mk2.

Arihant Roy

Country flag

...........................................................................................................
This test is most probably of Air Launched Brahmos against a naval target.

NeXoft007

Country flag
The reason why I said "Prahaar 2"

1. Hemant Sir said its First Developmental Trial of new SRBM.

2. He along with several Defence Experts said Prahaar was tested.

3. Prahaar was already tested before many times, and it cannot be First Developmental Trials.

4. Prahaar have 150km range, but today's NOTAM Alert was 200km range from Chandipur.

So, I guess it makes sense thats its first developmental trial of new Prahaar 2 Missile, and not the original Prahaar.

Last edited:

Jackd

The reason why I said "Prahaar 2"

1. Hemant Sir said its First Developmental Trial of new SRBM.

2. He along with several Defence Experts said Prahaar was tested.

3. Prahaar was already tested before many times, and it cannot be First Developmental Trials.

4. Prahaar have 150km range, today's NOTAM Alert was 200km range from Chandipur.

So, I guess it makes sense thats its Prahaar 2, and not the original Prahaar.
Na, this is plain ol' Prahaar. 150km range.

Flame Thrower

Prahaar export version is "pragati" and it is also 150km.
Can you provide source. Pragathi is 170 km because of extra space for fuel (some electronics were removed from it) I vaguely remember that Prahar can be armed with Nuke too, but Pragathi can't be armed.

Well, I am waiting for your source

NeXoft007

Country flag
Na, this is plain ol' Prahaar. 150km range.
Well, I will still stick with my claim. It's only a matter of time before MoD / Raksha Mantri / DRDO tweets about it and everything becomes "Doodh ka Doodh, Paani ka Paani"

Anybody who studied previous Indian missiles properly knows that AAD and Prahaar have same dimensions, but the latest test of AAD shows its longer than the previous version of AAD and includes new Canards as well.

So the chances are there that Prahaar which was tested today have similar dimensions with the new longer AAD and additional 50km range as well from the original 150km range of Prahaar.

Last edited:

Jackd

Well, I will still stick with my claim. It's only a matter of time before MoD / Raksha Mantri / DRDO tweets about it and everything becomes "Doodh ka Doodh, Paani ka Paani"

Anybody who studied previous Indian missiles properly knows that AAD and Prahaar have same dimensions, but the latest test of AAD shows its longer than the previous version of AAD and includes new Canards as well.

So the chances are there that Prahaar which was tested today have similar dimensions with the new longer AAD and additional 50km range as well from the original 150km range of Prahaar.
Cool...................................

Advaidhya Tiwari

Can you provide source. Pragathi is 170 km because of extra space for fuel (some electronics were removed from it) I vaguely remember that Prahar can be armed with Nuke too, but Pragathi can't be armed.

Well, I am waiting for your source
Yes, Pragati was claimed to have range of 60-170 km by DRDO when India displayed it in SEOUL. I am not sure how that is possible or reasonable. May be Prahaar also has same range and it is simply rounded off to 150!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles