Mirage upgrade: To be completed within 10 years

Jagdish58

Was the HAL and ADA not capable for upgrading the Mirage-2000??

LCA Mk2 could have replaced Mirage-2000

Per Mirage upgrade will cost approx 45 Million USD , A Brand new LCA will cost 35 Million USD

I might be wrong in the comparizon , but aren't we to much obsessed with import toys:shocked:

xuxu

prodigal,every weapon has lifespan, as fighter, about 25~30 years, do these old fighters need to updata at cost 2.5billion $(which can buy 40 new Su-35)? After updata these fighters had reached the end of their lifespan.
These Mirage-2000 are older than 17years, after updata will be 27 years, then will be retired

Last edited:

halloweene

Was the HAL and ADA not capable for upgrading the Mirage-2000??

Per Mirage upgrade will cost approx 45 Million USD , A Brand new LCA will cost 35 Million USD

I might be wrong in the comparizon , but aren't we to much obsessed with import toys
First LCA MkII is far from being operational. I do not know if it will have automatic follow gound system an EW suite as ssophisticated as Mirage 2000 retrofitted (no clue). There are also other issues like range... (again i hav no clue).
I will try to know if inidian mirage lifespan has been extended to 8000 hours as on french 2000-5

p2prada

EW suite as ssophisticated as Mirage 2000 retrofitted (no clue).
LCA EW suite has interferometers too, and advertised capability is 200 Km and 0.5 deg. It is a solid state EW suite, unlike the one on Mirage-2000. Mostly Israeli.

I will try to know if inidian mirage lifespan has been extended to 8000 hours as on french 2000-5
I believe that's the plan.

Jagdish58

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/members/kunal+biswas.html

Kunalji , i know you are expert in LCA . I might be wrong one below comment please correct me

Is HAL and ADA not capable for upgrading the Mirage-2000??

I might be wrong in the comparizon , but aren't we to much obsessed with import toys

Santu

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/members/kunal+biswas.html

Kunalji , i know you are expert in LCA . I might be wrong one below comment please correct me

Is HAL and ADA not capable for upgrading the Mirage-2000??

If necessary IAF will upgrade 70 odd Dassault M.D.450 Ouragan (toofani's operated by india from mid 1950's) spending 100 million USD's on each but they wont induct extra squadron of Tejas.. :tsk: ...

Jagdish58

If necessary IAF will upgrade 70 odd Dassault M.D.450 Ouragan (toofani's operated by india from mid 1950's) spending 100 million USD's on each but they wont induct extra squadron of Tejas.. :tsk: ...
Santu you mean to say LCA is = to Ouragon toofani??:frusty:

Twinblade

Country flag

Indian Mirage 2000-5 KT-201 with full mica load on the tarmac of the french flight test center

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
IAF Mirage 2000 Upgrade Update

October 06, 2014: By December, HAL will receive two newly upgraded and certified IAF Mirage 2000 jets, the first of nearly fifty aircraft to be souped up as part of a $2.2 billion deal. Starting next year, HAL's licensed upgrade technology will be in place from Dassault Aviation and Thales Systems to begin upgrading the remaining Mirages to the Dash-5 standard for the eager IAF. With the first two upgraded jets already flying over Saint Cloud in France, the country's military airworthiness agency will shortly certify them. CEMILAC will follow a formality within India as well once the jets arrive. The Mirage fleet, based out of Gwalior, remains the frontline multirole capability that the IAF is looking to augment with the MMRCA acquisition. The Mirage 2000-5 aircraft will come with a new radar, avionics, man- machine interface and weapons, including the MICA radar-guided beyond visual range air to air missile. A team from the IAF visited France earlier this year to witness flight trials of the first two upgraded jets and has reported back their satisfaction on progress and technical efficacy of the programme. HAL is currently still working with Dassault and Thales to prepare to churn out at least six aircraft per year in order to meet the demanding delivery requirements of the IAF, which wants all aircraft over the next seven years.
IAF Mirage 2000 Upgrade Update - SP's MAI

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
From the Chief of Air Staff

IS: In the interim, is there a possibility of the IAF going in for
additional Mirage 2000 aircraft as being reported in some sections
of the media? Please clarify.

CAS: To make good the existing deficiencies in the Mirage-2000
fleet, a case for procurement of two additional Mirage 2000
aircraft is being initiated by the Air HQ.
..:: India Strategic ::. IAF: Exclusive Interview: Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha

only two Mirages or two Squads

Global Defence

New threads

Articles