Mind defining Brahmanism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iamanidiot

It is hard to verify if these varna transitions actually happened or not but nonetheless they do exist in these books and one can not deny that.. fact remains that birth based caste system is not present in Vedas..
Rig Vedas 10th Mandala Purusha sukta is all about caste system isn't it.My observation is Upward and Downward mobility happened between the Shudras,Kshatriyas,Dalits and Vaishyas due to war and famine but the Brahmins were more or less static

Iamanidiot

BS. Mind posting a quote from any Purana talking of Brahmanism? Please give name of the book, chapter, verse. Complete. I will be grateful.
The puranas consider Mauryans as Shudras because of their support of Heterodoxy that is the best textbook case

GPM

Tihar Jail
Banned
बराह्मणो.अस्य मुखमासीद बाहू राजन्यः कर्तः |
ऊरूतदस्य यद वैश्यः पद्भ्यां शूद्रो अजायत

This meter from Rudraasthadhyayi of Shukla Yajurved in essense says that Varnas are like the varios parts of the body but all are from the same body. The Brahmins are from the mouth / face and and shudras are from the feet. If one cuts the face or the feet, it is the body which gets dmadged. As no part of the body is superior than the other, all are equal.

This is something like that joke when the ass shuts down and everyone then prays for it to open up.

Why do not you guys close this debate.
All the varnas are from the same body of mass of people. So, all are equal.

Have you clearly defined Brahamanism before calling for shutting of the thread?

GPM

Tihar Jail
Banned
The puranas consider Mauryans as Shudras because of their support of Heterodoxy that is the best textbook case
Haha.

Which Purana?

Did Chanakya consider Chandragupta a shudra or a kshatriya?

Which heterodoxy was Chandragupta supporting?

But you are yet to tell what is Brahamanism.

Last edited:

panduranghari

SPIEZ said:
1) The seven great sages were born on earth for a sin (bhishma and his brothers)
2) Hiranyakashpu was also born because of his sin
3) Even in Mahabharatha it was Karma that determined their role on earth.

So on and so forth many examples can obviously be cited.

More mythology and fairy tales. No historical examples.
On what basis do you claim 'Mahabharat' as mythology and not history? Itihaas is different from History.

panduranghari

Vedas ain't a system. It's a set of chants and hyms. Please paste the portion of Vedas which details the exact procedure for going up the ladder.
जन्मना जायते शूद्रः. संस्कारात् द्विजं उच्यते |
वेद-पाठात् भवेत् विप्रः ब्रह्म जानाति ब्राह्मणः| स्कंदपुराण ६.२३९.३१

panduranghari

Btw, chalte chalte. Buddhism was not outlawed during Sunga period. Pushyamitra Sunga assasinated and Mayuryan king and assumed the kingdom. He rejuvenated the economy and military, gone to pieces during later Buddhist Mauryans.
Had it not been for Ashok, Gautama would have been another great seer produced in India. The fact he got state support ensured the way of life he proposed made Buddhism a religion.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
:yawn:

This limited mobility is called Sanskrization. You should read upon the phenomenon, it's nothing meritocratic. Anyways, my question was specific, I wanted historical examples of Shudras becoming Brahmins or vice versa.

I've talked about Sankrization in other threads too. Nobody gave me any examples otherwise
By BIRTH everyone are SUDRAS. Even I am a sudra when I am born. Anyone can undergo the sacred thread ceremony to become a dvija. I chose to become a dvija. If I had wanted to become a shatriya I would have followed that set of culture and rules. You have your right to do. But you did not do anything.....

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Circular logic mixed with the 'ol Vedic Golden age stuff.
Once a soldier, he is a soldier for a life time. When you accept this. Once you become a dvija, you are a dvija for a life time. You are very ignorant. If you can understand please accept what I am trying to explain.

If one becomes a Prime Minister and even after he steps down he is called as Ex-PM. Why don't you say that he is a normal citizen of the country and why do you provide him with security and other incentives?

Iamanidiot

Haha.

Which Purana?

Did Chanakya consider Chandragupta a shudra or a kshatriya?

Which heterodoxy was Chandragupta supporting?

But you are yet to tell what is Brahamanism.
Now tell me does Arthashasthra speak of Mauryans?When did Arthashastra came to light ?Which book speaks of Chanakya and Vikramaditya give me the references?

GPM

Tihar Jail
Banned
Now tell me does Arthashasthra speak of Mauryans?When did Arthashastra came to light ?Which book speaks of Chanakya and Vikramaditya give me the references?
Mr. Second Part, you were to quote some Puranas. Don't digress into Arthashastra, which mentions no names at all. Period.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Where there was mention of caste migration, and there are a handful of examples in the ancient texts; in those cases being a Brahmin was comparable to being in a exalted mental-spiritual-emotional state. You just didn't become equal to some idiot born into a brahmin family but you became the epitome of being a brahmin

Iamanidiot

Mr. Second Part, you were to quote some Puranas. Don't digress into Arthashastra, which mentions no names at all. Period.
The Vishnu Purana speaks quite well.The Bhagavata purana infact Calls the entire dynasties from Nandas to Guptas as evil Shudras.Vishnu Purana documents it quite well

Shiny Brasslota ji tell me which work mentions about Chandragupta maurya and Chanakya.Another question how long do we know the complete work of arthashasthra

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Many Puranas were distorted in the medieval times to suit the agenda of the then ruling/priestly classes.

Iamanidiot

Where there was mention of caste migration, and there are a handful of examples in the ancient texts; in those cases being a Brahmin was comparable to being in a exalted mental-spiritual-emotional state. You just didn't become equal to some idiot born into a brahmin family but you became the epitome of being a brahmin
Paaji there is nothing remotely virtuous about the word "Brahmin".If we go by the deeds and actions of this class of people throughout Indian History.It is as disgusting as the word Hitler or Holocaust.Do not give it undue importance

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles