Min of Def Sitaraman says Sir Creek indispensable

Discussion in 'Land Forces' started by roma, Sep 11, 2017.

1. roma

roma NRI in Europe Senior Member

Sir Creek is very important for national security: Sitharaman
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-security-sitharaman/articleshow/60464676.cms

so it seems she is getting to work fast and already highlighted certain important and vital issues ...i'd say good start ma'am and keep at it

would like to know more about the importance of this area from members ...tia !

Dear Mods @Razor @pmaitra @Sakal Gharelu Ustad
    btw ; i would prefer not to merge this post with other as i think the issue of Sir creek should stand out SEPARATELY for us to discuss as a vital issue and not burried with all other stuff ( nevertheless mod 's decision is fine with me )

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    brational and indiatester like this.
  3. Flame Thrower

Flame Thrower Senior Member Senior Member

@roma I hope you don't mind if we merge this thread.

Dear Mods @Razor @pmaitra @Sakal Gharelu Ustad we already have a thread

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...elected-as-indias-new-defense-minister.79856/

Can we please merge both threads.

4. roma

roma NRI in Europe Senior Member

Sitharaman to hold daily meeting with service chiefs, defence secretary
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...fs-defence-secretary/articleshow/60465423.cms

Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has decided to hold daily meetings with all three service chiefs and the defence secretary in order to have quick decision making in the ministry, and special emphasis has been laid on acquisitions,........

The minister has also decided to hold meetings of the Defence Acquisiton Council, the highest decision making body on defence procurement in the ministry which is chaired by the minister every fortnight.......

........After taking over, she had said she would be a round the clock defence minister and has since then also visited Goa, Rajasthan and Gujarat.

end of quotes

Looks like we have someone who is gonna make the borders tremble ....global times and other ccp-pla's please continue dreaming that this is 1962

Dear Mods @Razor @pmaitra @Sakal Gharelu Ustad
    i dont mind to merge this post as the member has suggested as it fits there ...

but i think Sir Creek should remain a separate issue otherwise it will get burried in theother matter ...i think it is good for Sir creek to stand out as an issue to be discussed apart from the new Def Min's performance trackinng which is basically what the other thread was about

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  5. F-14B

F-14B #iamPUROHIT Senior Member

sorry to the esteemed members if this sounds like a bit of shameless promotion but the above seems to like one of the scenario I wrote
    "Col Paramjit woke up with a start as his mobile rang he looked up it was 3:40 Am he woke up and rushed his daily activates by 4:20 he was at the PMO in the central sectratiect Conference room for his daily Intel brief along with the whole CCS this ritual had its roots In the days after Op Mahakal "

once again I am sorry

Hemu Vikram Aditya and roma like this.
  6. Razor

Razor STABLE GENIUS Moderator