Million Littoral Combat Ship Can Do Amazing Things

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

The LCS and Zummwalt along with a CVN can give Victory to the US navy Fighting with any Navy in the World

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

The LCS and Zummwalt along with a CVN can give Victory to the US navy Fighting with any Navy in the World

LCS is lightly armed. It can defeat the pirates in Malacca Straight I think or off Somalian coast...They have to seriously up their firepower in those ships. But they look cool, especially the USS Independence. Now if only looks could kill.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
I have been aboard the USS North Carolina, now a museum in Wilmington, NC. I sat in the Captain's chair on the bridge and felt majestic for a moment.
Would love to do it once in my life time atleast. The USS Independence lacks that 'presence' life the Dreadnoughts of the earlier days.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Would love to do it once in my life time atleast. The USS Independence lacks that 'presence' life the Dreadnoughts of the earlier days.
In fairness to the designers/planners of these LCSs they are at the level of corvettes. So naturally they don't have the presence battleships (not even current destroyers can match the romantic appeal of old battleships).

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Historic Battleships you can visit and support.

Refer to the links below to plan your visit!

Museum Battleships

USS Alabama, Mobile, Alabama, USA
USS Arizona, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
USS Massachusetts, Fall River, Massachusetts, USA
USS Missouri, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
USS North Carolina, Wilmington, North Carolina, USA
USS New Jersey, Camden, New Jersey, USA
USS Texas, LaPorte, Texas, USA
USS Utah, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
USS Wisconsin, Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Of course the USS Arizona is a memorial, not a battleship per se like the others.

Last edited:

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

PEARL HARBOR (Dec. 13, 2013) The littoral combat ship USS Freedom (LCS 1) arrives at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam. Freedom's first operational deployment, a 9-month assignment forward-operating from Singapore, is the first ever deployment for a Littoral Combat Ship and the proof-of-concept deployment for the ship class. Freedom is scheduled to return to homeport at San Diego later this month.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
LCS 5 Milwaukee Side Launch

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SgjzbhJXANs

The Lockheed Martin-led industry team launched the nation's fifth Littoral Combat Ship into the Menominee River on Wednesday, Dec. 18, 2013. The future LCS Milwaukee was formally christened prior to her launch by Mrs. Sylvia M. Panetta. Milwaukee is the third Freedom- variant LCS, following the U.S. Navy's first LCS, USS Freedom, and USS Fort Worth (LCS 3).

Phantom

Wow! Down to 32 orders now. The recent bunch of acquisitions haven't gone well for the US. F 35s, LCS, and who knows, the Zumwalt class too!

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
SAN DIEGO (April 5, 2014) Sailors man the rails during the commissioning ceremony of the littoral combat ship USS Coronado (LCS 4) at Naval Air Station North Island. Coronado is the second Independence-class littoral combat ship and the third Navy ship to bear the name Coronado.
SAN DIEGO (April 5, 2014) Sailors man the rails during the commissioning ceremony of the littoral combat ship USS Coronado (LCS 4) at Naval Air Station North Island.

SAN DIEGO (April 5, 2014) Sailors assigned to the newly commissioned littoral combat ship, USS Coronado (LCS 4) make haste to man the rails and bring the ship to life during the ship's commissioning ceremony at Naval Air Station North Island.

USS Coronado commissioned | UTSanDiego.com

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles