Military dead against permanent commission for women across the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmaitra

No, I am not in the army.
My post wasn't directed at you but the Alaskan friend who think women are good for Indian frontline.

I was making the simple point that if you a woman and you like living at height where not a single blade of grass grows or somewhere in jungle where all you can see is grass and trees then be my guest.

It's good to know that your relatives are in the forces. My respect to them.
Personally, I think that as long as a woman is willing to serve wherever she wants, she should be allowed to. However, concerns about her safety and how she will be treated if she is taken a prisoner are definitely valid.

I have seen women tilling the land, chopping wood and bringing them back home in the icy heights of Sikkim, and this they do all their lives. Definitely, it is not an impossible task for women to serve in the most inhospitable terrains. The human body can do miracles if trained.

JayATL

No, I am not in the army.
My post wasn't directed at you but the Alaskan friend who think women are good for Indian frontline.

I was making the simple point that if you a woman and you like living at height where not a single blade of grass grows or somewhere in jungle where all you can see is grass and trees then be my guest.

It's good to know that your relatives are in the forces. My respect to them.
What do you base your knowledge of a woman's capability. There are freaking women who live in the harshest parts of the world. What is the scientific basis of your knowledge that a woman is incapable of handling a harsh environment? Grass does not grow in Africa sub Sahara deserts--- you think women don't live there?

What is this- the twilight zone where you men create your own science?

JayATL

Personally, I think that as long as a woman is willing to serve wherever she wants, she should be allowed to. However, concerns about her safety and how she will be treated if she is taken a prisoner are definitely valid.

I have seen women tilling the land, chopping wood and bringing them back home in the icy heights of Sikkim, and this they do all their lives. Definitely, it is not an impossible task for women to serve in the most inhospitable terrains. The human body can do miracles if trained.
if a women soldier is captured by the indian army- how will be she treated vs a man ? the excuse of short comings of another persons army is not a valid excuse. besides they are volunteering for this job--- it would be different if they were forced into it.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Your anecdotes are fantastic lies... " oh her finger nail would get busted". I in-fact have doubts you served based on those ridicluous anecdotes. It says the US military produces poor, ill trained soldiers. it's at best a one man's/ minority view account and despicable one that disrespects all whom sacrifice for ones country.

We used to hear anecdotes from folks like you about how " blacks were too Dumb to serve in the white man's army" ....

if your anecdotes were worth a penny - advanced militaries in the world , including the US/ europe would not have included " minorities", "women" " gays"...
Fantastic lies? I never served? Get a grip on yourself. I am sharing my experiences in relation to a subject under discussion. You are so obsessed with your argument you are near hysterical.

We used to hear anecdotes from folks like you about how " blacks were too Dumb to serve in the white man's army"
You did not hear that from me, and you know nothing about me. You don't know who I served with, or who my friends were. You need to grow up.

Last edited:

blueblood

First of all, there is a huge dilution of standards during training and even then women fair pretty poorly. If you don't believe me then see it for yourself at the OTA.

We are talking about the same army which has yet to provide consistent uniforms for RR in Kashmir and border outposts are still made of stones and sandbags and somehow you believe that women are ready to survive this.

Chopping woods and bring them them home in the icy heights is quite different from staying there for 6 months and rely on the monthly supplies via chopper.

JayATL

Fantastic lies? I never served? Get a grip on yourself. I am sharing my experiences in relation to a subject under discussion. You are so obsessed with your argument you are near hysterical.
Yes- you anecdotes are bullshit, you are sharing cases that are not only not the norm-. but disrespectful of any man's army.

You are painting entire groups based on your ridiculous ancedotes. I have anecdotes where US military " men" have been charged with rape of civilians.... by the extension of your logic--- that would be -" the anecdote" for not having men in the militray or worse " speak to all " that serve the US military...

Some US military men and women were responsible for Abhu Gharib--- so that anecdote ( world freaking famous one)--- would mean others are right in calling US militray as one that tortures, period- all based on a handful of idiots within it!

Last edited:

JayATL

Women Rulers of india, Great Womens, Women Warriors

Indian history is littered with great Indian women warriors....

Indian history during British raj is littered by great Indian women who risked life, limb and then some...

for Indians to ever post such disrespect and illiterate posts about Indian women being incapable -- makes this " Yankee" more phucking respectful of his Indian heritage then you so called Indians in India.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Jay,

It is not true that 3rd world countries, or for that matter oriental societies necessarily try to put women down. Male chauvinism exists in all men, whether occidental or oriental.

Here is some news for you, from Germany, as a western and European country:

Now some nice pictures from India:

Go to the thread and you can see more: http://defenceforumindia.com/military-multimedia/1495-women-armed-forces.html
Ceremonial eye candy, not necessarily soldiers. Where are the pictures of Gaddafi bodyguards?

W.G.Ewald

Professional
JayATL has become unhinged. Somebody help him.:shocked: I think he wants the Valkyries to swoop down and carry him off to Valhalla.

blueblood

if a women soldier is captured by the indian army- how will be she treated vs a man ? the excuse of short comings of another persons army is not a valid excuse. besides they are volunteering for this job--- it would be different if they were forced into it.
Are you fricking kidding me, we fought a war with the a$$holes who refused to accept their dead in 99 and refused to release 54 POWs in 71.

Ajay Ahuja - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They don't leave the men alive and you think they will follow Geneva conventions with a woman soldier.
Good luck with that.

JayATL

Are you fricking kidding me, we fought a war with the a$$holes who refused to accept their dead in 99 and refused to release 54 POWs in 71.

Ajay Ahuja - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They don't leave the men alive and you think they will follow Geneva conventions with a woman soldier.
Good luck with that.
so tell me how would they treat indian women soldier any different- can't get worse than being mutilated and tortured? what are you concerned about-- that you rather disrespect the " volunteer" over concerns of the crappy pakistani's?

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Women Rulers of india, Great Womens, Women Warriors

Indian history is littered with great Indian women warriors....

Indian history during British raj is littered by great Indian women who risked life, limb and then some...

for Indians to ever post such disrespect and illiterate posts about Indian women being incapable -- makes this " Yankee" more phucking respectful of his Indian heritage then you so called Indians in India.
Oh, the humanity! Such drama...

JayATL

JayATL has become unhinged. Somebody help him.:shocked: I think he wants the Valkyries to swoop down and carry him off to Valhalla.
wait a minute what happened to addressing your great " oh she broke a nail" ancedotes equates to all women have no business in the military?

Did not like my anecdotes of US military " men" ---raping, murdering civilains"? or torturing ala abu gharib?

blueblood

so tell me how would they treat indian women soldier any different- can't get worse than being mutilated and tortured? what are you concerned about-- that you rather disrespect the " volunteer" over concerns of the crappy pakistani's?
According to you women are supposed to share the same fate or even worse instead of helping out with logistics, medicals or signals.

Getting raped, killed and having your body mutilated is the only way to prove that you served the nation with bravery and integrity while getting supplies for the men is not that charming.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
wait a minute what happened to addressing your great " oh she broke a nail" ancedotes equates to all women have no business in the military?

Did not like my anecdotes of US military " men" ---raping, murdering civilains"? or torturing ala abu gharib?
I just wonder why you can't stay calm and stay on subject. Others have referred to your bizarre behavior and I regret having to witness it.

Country flag
Without sounding chauvenistic there are probably a 100 things that a woman will not do or refuse
to do. Women are nothing more than a distraction.Many times the service is not even sure where to place
these brave women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles