Militants gouge out both eyes of Army jawan in Jammu and Kashmir

Victor Sierra

Country flag
An Army jawan, with both of his eyes gouged out, was found unconscious in a nullah near Chowki Choran on the Jammu-Poonch highway near Akhnoor this morning.

Identified as Rakesh Dutt, son of Kuldeep Raj and a resident of Lam in border Rajouri district, he was posted with 11 Rashtriya Rifles in Kishtwar. Married nearly three years ago, he also had a two year old daughter, said his aunt Neelam Sharma.

After having spent a month long leave at home, he had left for Kishtwar on March 31 to rejoin his unit, she said. His younger brother Mukesh is also in the Army, she added.

The police personnel, who brought him to the Government Medical College Hospital here, said that they received call from passersby about an army jawan lying in a nullah in an injured condition.

The police have registered a case in the matter.

Militants gouge out both eyes of Army jawan in Jammu and Kashmir - Indian Express

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Worst thing army can not reply in same way....unfortunate...total destruction is must....we must learn something from Srilanka..
I completely agree.
Someone has been getting frustrated lately and these things are happening too often now.
First the beheading, then the Chamel Singh episode and now this ...
IA must give a fitting reply. GOI cannot in it true senses ask the Army to just sit on its backside.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
WTF!!! When the hell will heads start to roll??? :mad::mad::mad:

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Why are we still waiting to attack the terror camps across the border?

What is the GoI doing now?

Has any response come from the Home Minister?

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
I completely agree.
Someone has been getting frustrated lately and these things are happening too often now.
First the beheading, then the Chamel Singh episode and now this ...
Somehow it feels like a pattern emerging with two factors responsible :
a) Pakistan will have elections soon. Some entities (you know who) might be interested in putting the Pak civilian Govt. and the uneasy calm between the countries under further pressure.
b) Pakistan is reeling under domestic violence that is mostly sectarian or ethnic. This series of provocations for India might be a ploy to release some pressure out and deviate attention toward India.
Somewhere someone is praying day and night that India (Army of Govt.) would retaliate in some way.
That well known war cry "Islam Khatre me Hai !!" (Islam is in danger) must still be pulling a lot of juice in Pakistan.
They're counting on it. :rolleyes:

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Nothing will come from HM Bhindi... We are an established soft state where the government keeps armed forces only as cannon fodder. :tsk:

Why are we still waiting to attack the terror camps across the border?

What is the GoI doing now?

Has any response come from the Home Minister?

tramp

a) Pakistan will have elections soon. Some entities (you know who) might be interested in putting the Pak civilian Govt. and the uneasy calm between the countries under further pressure.
b) Pakistan is reeling under domestic violence that is mostly sectarian or ethnic. This series of provocations for India might be a ploy to release some pressure out and deviate attention toward India.
Somewhere someone is praying day and night that India (Army of Govt.) would retaliate in some way.
That well known war cry "Islam Khatre me Hai !!" (Islam is in danger) must still be pulling a lot of juice in Pakistan.
Add to that the imperative of ISI to begin redeploying its Afghan assets to Kashmir.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
An afraid as the Pak elections come closer, there will be much more and possible y serious incidents meant to provoke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Das ka das

Tihar Jail
Banned
An afraid as the Pak elections come closer, there will be much more and possible y serious incidents meant to provoke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
What do you suppose India should do? Turn the other cheek?

Das ka das

Tihar Jail
Banned
You better believe this propaganda worked! I was reading a survey where over 70% of Pakistanis under 30 want military rule or Sharia. :facepalm:

Indian government better be worried.

gokussj9

Country flag
You better believe this propaganda worked! I was reading a survey where over 70% of Pakistanis under 30 want military rule or Sharia. :facepalm:

Indian government better be worried.
Indian government should worry more about Sharia and caliphate dreamers present in our country rather than
Pakistan. :lol:

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Weird that no mention of this in national tv news

DivineHeretic

Country flag
WTF! These guys want human rights for themselves while being inhuman themselves
Most likely the handiwork of Afgan jihadis. This is their modulus operandi, their bloodmark if you will.

Similar brutalities occured routinely in Kashmir valley, especially in Sopore and Kistwara from the early 90s all the way to 2001, until the US invasion of Afg. Alongwith extremely bloody retaliation by the IA SF, even inside POK Caused them to pull out.

Have they returned to the valley? Or is this just the beginning of their return? Or is it an immitation by units from Hafiz's swine factory?

JBH22

Sad and angry reaction.

I hope the soldier survives and all my sympathy to his family :(

Vishwarupa

Country flag
WTF is this, it is absolutely inhumane. I feel very sorry for not being able to do anything:tsk:

I sometimes feel that India should have a military ruler.

Where is J&K govt & separatists, Human Rights Industry, Arundirty Roy, Teesta, Prashant Bhushan,:mad:

& moreover there is no proper media coverage. Whole India is double standard.

My sympathies to the brave solder & the family.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles