Militant Sikhs ruin wedding after barricading temple

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Militant Sikhs ruin wedding after barricading temple
They were opposed to multi-faith marriage

A BRIDE'S wedding day was ruined after a group of 40 militant Sikhs locked themselves inside a temple to protest her inter-faith marriage.
The mob of hardliners stormed the building to prevent the marriage between Sikh Susan Momi and Christian Kenny Lawrence, who is believed to be of West African background.

The group arrived in a fleet of vans at 7am on Saturday morning and locked the doors and gates at the gurdwara — a Sikh place of worship — and stayed until 2pm.

In a statement online, the group in Swindon, Wilts, claimed they had acted peacefully to stop an inter-faith union at the temple.

Susan's devastated mother Harbhajan said: "Words can't express how I feel — we are all in shock.

"They went inside the temple, locked the doors and switched the security cameras off.

"They ate all the food and then told him (the groom) 'go or we'll kill you'. We also had relatives from other parts of the world turn up for the wedding who didn't know what was going on.

"I was getting ready to go to the temple when I had a phone call from a friend telling me to stay away. It was awful, my heart is still going even now."

The ceremony had been agreed by the gurdwara's managing committee, but the militant group claimed the couple were not permitted to be married in the temple — as they were from different faiths.

The bride's family say couples from different religions have married before at the gurdwara without incident and claimed the protests were racist.

Harbhajan said: "This had nothing to do with religion. There was nothing to stop the ceremony in the gurdwara.

"This was all to do with the colour of his skin."

The group briefly left the temple, believing a holy book had been removed from the site and taken to Swindon's Lydiard Park for another ceremony.

But they returned a short time later and stayed until the afternoon. A civil ceremony between the couple did go ahead at another venue.

Raghdir Bains, a committee member at the Punjabi Community Centre, said: "Nearly everybody in the Sikh community in Swindon is absolutely against what took place.

"We live in a multi-cultural society and if that's the wish of the girl and her parents then it should go ahead.

"The majority of the hardliners were from Birmingham and Southall and they have been responsible for damage to another temple in Walsall.

"The committee had accepted the booking and it should have gone ahead. Local families went to the gates to complain, but there was no one to stop the militants.

"I think the reason no one from the community went in is because they know the record of these people.

"The hardliners would have met any challenge with violence. People were afraid they would lose their lives if they challenged them."

A spokesman for Wiltshire Police said: "We can confirm that we dealt with a small protest by a group of men in Swindon on Saturday. The protest was conducted peacefully.

"We believe the protestors objected to an event which was due to take place at the Swindon gurdwara. Our officers continue to liaise with the protestors and the community."

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Rather odd.

Sikhs are otherwise quite liberal in the matter of who marries their people.

These are British Sikhs and maybe they are affected by the British environment where there is growing intolerance.

Surprising that the British police is standing outside the gate like a dummy.

amitkriit

UK has a habit of breeding monsters. UK has provided safe haven to the terrorists of other nations, including India. UK and Canada is home to radical Sikhs where Khalistani ideology has been allowed to spread. The plan is supposed to backfire.

pankaj nema

Country flag
I wonder how the girl' s parents accepted this marriage

Call me racist but it is NOT possible to accept a BLACK man marrying an
Indian girl

The same thing would have happened had this marriage been performed in
Punjab

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
^^ One of my distant relative married an African-American. No issues there whatsoever.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I wonder how the girl' s parents accepted this marriage

Call me racist but it is NOT possible to accept a BLACK man marrying an
Indian girl

The same thing would have happened had this marriage been performed in
Punjab
I wonder why an Indian girl cannot marry a Black.

One of my cousin has married a Jamaican. She is an Indian Canadian.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
^^ One of my distant relative married an African-American. No issues there whatsoever.
A Punjabi marrying a Black person. Well thats news to me. Anyway, that happen outside or inside India?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Is that not obvious?

Indians are all blatant racists, to the extend that we refuse to see that what we do is racism;)
Just wanted to know his POV. I mean what is the basis of his idea, of ineligibility of 'Black' men.
Maybe, he has his own experiences. Maybe he got beaten black and blue by a black guy, or maybe he got conned by a "Nigerian Prince", wanting to give away his fortune, or maybe he doesn't like the skin tone. I was just wondering what it is, that makes a black guy ineligible.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
I suspect these were pakis wearing turban masquerading as Sikhs to give them a bad name! ;)

P.S: 1) Not even a single time the article mentions that a local Sikh recognized the miscreants!

2) Now the argument would be if they were pakis why didn't they go KABOOM! Answer is that pakis very well know Sikhs don't blow people up and hence if pakis would have blown themselves up they would have exposed this paki operation!

3) Miscreants ate all the food at the wedding - this no one can deny is a patented/typical beggarass paki attack on a Kafir wedding !:rofl:

4) The whole issue was lame and dumb - why? Because Sikhs do not have inter-religious issues when it comes to marraiges (more or less) - pakis made it a skin color issue! That's yet again an example of paki mentality and not Sikh!

:taunt::taunt:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
@ajtr

A high court in India has recently ruled that a couple of diffrent faith say a Hindu girl and christian boy can not take shelter of Hindu marriage act and get married. accordingly why should a tample conduct marriage of an individual which does not accept its faith and religion.

Same was the case you just opposing the other day. For the sake of marrying one should not be allowed to converta few days ago before marriage.

Conversion under compulsion should be "kufr".

Why should a mosque conduct marriage between a Hindu and Christain?

So the tample was right.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
@Shiv Are you being sarcastic or are you serious??:shocked:

trackwhack

Is that not obvious?

Indians are all blatant racists, to the extend that we refuse to see that what we do is racism;)
I would one day like to try some psycho-hypnotic therapy on you, just to figure out how your brain sifts through piles of garbage to arrive at sweeping generalizations like the one you just made.

When you say, " All Indians are racist", do you actually mean, "I am racist and most of the people around me are racist" ?

Last edited:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Rather odd.

Sikhs are otherwise quite liberal in the matter of who marries their people.

These are British Sikhs and maybe they are affected by the British environment where there is growing intolerance.

Surprising that the British police is standing outside the gate like a dummy.
Not necessary sir.

For starters the sex ratio in Punjab is one of the worst in India, 893 girls/1000boys, so it isn't just a British environment affect.

Then there is a definite girl thing. If a Sikh boy would have been marrying, there wouldn't have been a problem, but a girl, the problem starts.

Lastly, more likely than not, a Sikh jatt family would see their daughter dead for bringing dishonour to the family than see her married off in an inter-caste/religion/national marriage.

Then this isn't just a Sikh thing, but a cultural thing that runs very deep. Take Harayana, the story repeats.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
^^ You're spot on about the girl thing. In India, when we see inter-region marriages, the family of the girl needs appreciation for being liberal. The family of the boy, not necessarily. That's how it is.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I would one day like to try some psycho-hypnotic therapy on you, just to figure out how your brain sifts through piles of garbage to arrive at sweeping generalizations like the one you just made.

When you say, " All Indians are racist", do you actually mean, "I am racist and most of the people around me are racist" ?
:blah::blah::blah:

So I must say Indians are not racists:rolleyes:

Anyway, what made your superior brain think that I skipped to read:frusty:?

Developed any extra-sensory perceptions as to what others do lately?

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles