MiG-31 Foxhound

gadeshi

Aren't you meant to be the forum's new expert on Russia and the Soviet Union.

Mig 31 was designed for, and from what I'm aware was exclusively used by, the Soviet Air Defence Force, it wasn't used by the Air Force nor was it sold outside of the Soviet Union. The Mig 25 was also for the Air Defence Force, which took precedence over the Soviet Air Force.

Don't think the Mig 31 was ever used for reconnaissance and it was the secondary use of the Mig 25.
Moreover this, MiG-25P and MiG-25RB are the2 different planes which looks just similar.
They have completely different wings and tailplanes and significantly different fuselages.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

Yumdoot

The competition that would really excite would be the SR-72 vs Mig 41.

Need to see how high speed interception of an object flying in at Mach 6 would be done. It would have some really cool applications elsewhere.

I think only a fully integrated air-defence system may be able to do it provide the AAM uses some new kinds of tactics.

@apple, bhai, chill maar yaar, galti ho gayi ab jaan lega kya? Thank you for correcting the English.

And you are mistaken, about me:
1) I am an India expert. And yes that involves understanding a thing or two about Russia, considering the history. 2) You westerners need not be understood, there is not much about you that does not comes out of hollywood, to which we have some really great access. Thank for that.

Both these are facts and the respect you westerners bear for facts is legendary. :D

gadeshi

A MiG-31BM from Kansk Dalniy AB (Eastern MD) - AKU-170 catapult launchers for the new R-77-1 (Item 177-1) and Item-180 are clearly visible under the wing:

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
How much better than 29upg or worse than 35 you would say?

@gadeshi

gadeshi

Another photos from Nizhniy Novgorod (Sokol production facility):

And from MAKS:

Last edited:

gadeshi

MiG-31BM from Khotilovo undergo combat trainings:

gadeshi

Russian pilots have established a new world record of landing-less flight for fighters:

gadeshi

MiG-31BM from Tsentralnaya Uglovaya AB (Vladivostok, Eastern MD) participates in AviaDarts selective round:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles