Micromax becomes third largest phone company in Russia, just one year after debut

Panjab47

सर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट्टादेवकल्पादृढ़व्रता|੧੫|
Banned
Was also going to say, screen is very good on micromax. With mediatek miravision 60fps works fine & color looks real. Doesn't hurt eyes in dark either,

Illusive

Country flag
http://www.extremetech.com/mobile/2...sales-may-mean-the-death-of-windows-10-mobile

With all money Microsoft has been unsuccessful in making dent in mobile market. Even if it succeeds in future, it will be purely because it can keep going due to other profitable businesses.

Coming from telecom business, I hardly see any windows mobile device or excitement regarding win and things aren't getting any good in future either. Mobile is tough market to crack. Hope micromax makes it to high end devices market as well and becomes global player like Samsung, HTC.
That's the most plausible scenario, but there's more to it than that. With smartphones getting faster, microsoft can bring it biggest advantage to the table, directX 12, opengl. It can revolutionize apps in terms of bringing productivity and performance closer to PC with it bringing familiarity to developers.

But at the end of the day its very difficult for microsoft will win against Android. I wish we could dual boot in smartphones like in PC. :biggrin2:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
A successful country is one which can stand on it's legs without any external assistance.

India is heavily dependent on foreign countries as it has a very limited ability to meet it's requirements on it's own.
In that case, China tool more foreign assistance than us in building from a pin to warship.
End of the story. :lol:

CrYsIs

Country flag
Cannot disagree with your definition of success.
However, definitely will disagree with your opinion of Bharatvarsh.
There are levels of success.
Success in food situation, law and order, natural resources, economy/liquidity and technology(heavy and light).
We have got three in order. Food, law and economy-liquidity.
Except for crude oil, we do not depend on any natural resources on foreign powers. We are severely lagging behind in heavy industries, and are making small strides in light technologies.
So I cannot agree with your assessment that
If you think India is food secure,has law and order and is economically stable then you are sadly mistaken.

And because India has a very weak industrial sector,it is plagued with mass unemployment.A large unemployed young population is not good for a country.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
If you think India is food secure,has law and order and is economically stable then you are sadly mistaken.

And because India has a very weak industrial sector,it is plagued with mass unemployment.A large unemployed young population is not good for a country.
India is known for just opposite resulting it's robust growth and highly professional class.
That weak industrial base is third strongest on this planet, economic stability made FDI higher than US and China, food security occurs because of mass grain production and law and order is classified as perfect for a developing nation.
So, I would love to know about your source.

CrYsIs

Country flag
India is known for just opposite resulting it's robust growth and highly professional class.
That weak industrial base is third strongest on this planet, economic stability made FDI higher than US and China, food security occurs because of mass grain production and law and order is classified as perfect for a developing nation.
So, I would love to know about your source.
HAHAHAH

By third strongest you mean Indian GDP on PPP,which means nothing as GDP on PPP is not comparable.
The only purpose of GDP PPP is for calculating per capita income.

India recieved FDI higher than US and China in the year 2015 for the the period of jan to june,i highly doubt that India overtook both of them for the entire year,even if it did it means nothing as 1 or 2 years of high FDI would not create a massive dent.Both US and China have been receiving huge FDI's for decades unlike India

As far as India's law and order is concerned, the strong arm of the government is largely limited to cities as the rural countryside where 70% of population lives remains completely lawless.

India has a very weak industrial base as it manufactures and produces very little unlike China whose economy is made up of hardcore manufacturing.

Indian economy is mostly made up of informal sectors and service sectors like IT and Banking which provides employment to very few people and ends up increasing economic inequality.

Most Indians are virtually jobless living on hand to mouth.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
HAHAHAH

By third strongest you mean Indian GDP on PPP,which means nothing as GDP on PPP is not comparable.

India recieved FDI higher than US and China in the year 2015 for the the period of jan to june,i highly doubt that India overtook both of them for the entire year,even if it did it means nothing as 1 or 2 years of high FDI would not create a massive dent.Both US and China have been receiving huge FDI's for decades unlike India

As far as India's law and order is concerned, the strong arm of the government is largely limited to cities as the rural countryside where 70% of population lives remains completely lawless.

India has a very weak industrial base as it manufactures and produces very little unlike China whose economy is made up of hardcore manufacturing.

Indian economy is mostly made up of informal sectors and service sectors like IT and Banking which provides employment to very few people and ends up increasing economic inequality.

Probably you are living in Pakistan or Bangladesh and delude yourself of living in India.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
HAHAHAH

It still exports billions,(will soon reach trillions), it is still global economic engine, it is still considered so influential and strong in global arena, it still sends thousands of patents for new inventions to USTPO, it is still going be a developed country in 35 years, much before all neighbors.
You are comparing with China? Ever use low quality chini maal. [emoji38]

Anyway,
Provide source of your $hity claims like 70% are lawless or Indian manufacturing is considered weak.

Last edited:

AbRaj

Country flag
Probably you are living in Pakistan or Bangladesh and delude yourself of living in India.
He is saying truth, unemployment is very high in India, you can verify that by just check no of applications received per vacancy
And that's not even funny
@mods sorry saw your warning later

3deffect

Country flag
samsung /nokia is very expensive mobile in these days..you will get same things in low cost..micromax/intex/lava/and other indian company..given same things in less low cost..even 4g mobile you will get in 7k min..

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Micromax becomes 10th largest mobile phone brand worldwide : Gartner

Micromax has made it to the top 10 vendors in terms worldwide mobile phone sales in the first quarter with 1.8 percent market share, according to data released by the research firm. Gartner also has claimed that the worldwide smartphone sales saw a 19 percent growth in the first quarter of 2015.
Micromax in a press statement revealed that it received overwhelming response to the Canvas series including the new handsets such as Canvas Spark,Canvas Knight, and Canvas Fireamong others. Unfortunately, Gartner's report on worldwide mobile phone (feature phones and smartphones combined) sales to end users in Q1 2015 doesn't clarify whether sales of the Yu-branded smartphone have also been included or not.
Samsung still retains the top spot with 21.3 percent market share closely followed by Applewith a market share of 13.1 percent in the first quarter, according to Gartner. Microsoft and LG follow next with 7.2 and 4.3 percent markets share respectively. Lenovo with a 4.2 percent share rounds off the top 5 vendors in the first quarter of 2015, and Gartner says results for Lenovo include sales of mobile phones by Lenovo andMotorola. Huawei is next with 4.0 percent share, followed by Xiaomi with 3.2 percent, TCL Communication with 3.1 percent, ZTE with 2.7 percent, and finally, Micromax with 1.8 percent - rising 0.1 percent from Q1 2014.
"Worldwide mobile phone sales to end users totalled 460.3 million units during the first quarter of 2015, a 2.5 percent increase from the same period in 2014. In light of their strong smartphone sales in the emerging markets, the Indian and Chinese phone manufacturers increased their footprint during the first quarter of 2015. Six of them were in the top 10 in the first quarter of 2015," said Anshul Gupta, research director at Gartner.
Last year, Micromax overtook Apple and reached the second position in the tablet market in India in Q2 with 14 percent market-share, according to the International Data Corporation (IDC).

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
This is a great news. Micro Max is a Desi company. I want it to be the top company of the country and among top in the world. Now they must focus on innovations and reliability to further strengthen the market.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
This is a great news. Micro Max is a Desi company. I want it to be the top company of the country and among top in the world. Now they must focus on innovations and reliability to further strengthen the market.
Plus they have been reducing dependence on China and moving manufacturing here in India.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Plus they have been reducing dependence on China and moving manufacturing here in India.

This is a great news. I had argued the same in my thread of make india rich and grow fast. We have a huge scope in Electronics. We have a big market and that is why we may force the sellers to come and produce here.

aliyah

how many of u have micromax??? if u urself dont use it n talk of making it no 1

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Now its time to retire my Xperia and be part of pride. Which Micromax you guys suggest?

DingDong

Country flag
I am planning to purchase my first Smart Phone very soon, forget about smart phone I have never ever used a phone with touch screen.

I am tilting towards Micromax because it's devices look good and have attractive price tags for the kind of features they offer.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles