Miandad blames IPL for Australian cricket's decline

Vikramaditya

Country flag
Holding the cash-rich Indian Premier League (IPL) responsible for Australian cricket's decline, former Pakistan captain Javed Miandad said the Aussie players got distracted by the big cash thrown at them by the Twenty20 league.

"I believe Australia's slump has a lot to do with their players' association with the IPL," Miandad was quoted as saying by 'The News'.

"Most of their top players got a bit too distracted because of the big cash thrown at them by the IPL. They even started ignoring national duty which has really caused their downfall," he added.

The Australians, who were almost an invincible lot till about a year back, have completely slumped to disaster, which is evident from their dismal show in the recently-concluded Ashes series.

Australia lost the Ashes series at home 1-3 and wilted to fifth place in the Test rankings.

Miandad feels the Aussie cricketers got lured by the money-spinning IPL and did not try to resist the temptation to earn the big bucks.

"All of that has really hurt the Australians, who I am sure would have not slumped like this if their players had resisted the temptation to earn big bucks that was used to lure them by the IPL," said Miandad.

According to Miandad, players like Glen McGrath, Shane Warne and Adam Gilchrist retired from Test cricket before their time so that they could earn the IPL millions, which was launched in 2008.

Miandad also warned that this twenty20 league might just end up killing the Test as well as One-Day cricket altogether.

"It certainly will. There is too much disparity when it comes to pays and if proper steps are not taken then top players will continue to put this league above international cricket," said Miandad.

LINK

SpArK

SORCERER
Maybe he needs to ask his relative Dawood Ibrahim to take over Australian cricket and spread his business there.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
LOL these pakistanis are in real sense the biggest morons in the world, no doubt they are so thankless and hated world over....man miadad the relative of criminal dawood ibrahim represents pakistan in true sense!! :)

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
So this chap is back in the news. RAW should have bumped him and his son off along with his 'Samadhi' Dawood Ibrahim when they were all in Dubai for the grand wedding. Mr. Miandad, I'm sure the Aussies don't appreciate being lectured by the father-in-law of an international terrorist's daughter.

EDIT: Wow, in the time I was composing my post, two people already replied, and both spoke of Dawood. Well Miandad, that's your reputation. :lol:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Miandad was a great cricketer but even after greying he didn't grow a brain. McGrath, Warne retired when they had to in their prime not when they were on their way down. Look what happened to ponting. He might never play test cricket again. If money pulled Australia down, it should have affected India even more. What explains indias rise?

johnee

Yusuf,
the scum is trying to 'spin' the isolation of pak fixectors as a positive. Of course, the obvious expectation after this statement would be that Pakistani fixectors never agree to play in IPL again....

warriorextreme

Country flag
i dont know if nutjobs like miadad even think before crapping from mouth or they just do it for being in newspapers.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Yusuf,
the scum is trying to 'spin' the isolation of pak fixectors as a positive. Of course, the obvious expectation after this statement would be that Pakistani fixectors never agree to play in IPL again....
Johnee it's a case of sour grapes for pak cricketers and that is more than apparent. Tanveer and his Hindu jahaniyat statement in bad taste of a loser is still very much remembered.

A.V.

oh come on mr miandad you have made a joke out of yourself , why dont you go and coach china and ask for indian help as is the nature ..... and dont lecture australia they are way ahead in terms of your pathetic mindset , mr miandad you are a disgrace to the world of cricketers and the sport , now everybody knows where the match fixing in pakistan cricket all started

JayATL

considering Pakistan's history with cash (thrown at them) and cricket . they think all others too get distracted for some halwa.

sandeepdg

That ***hole is more concerned with Australian cricket ! No shame for these fools, he should rather think how to arrest the further decline of their team, which is almost in dumps.

vijaytripoli

@Yusuf
"Tanveer and his Hindu jahaniyat statement in bad taste of a loser is still very much remembered."

this is the video which you are referring too==>

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater

hahahha Iam sure if he has been offered millions of $$$$$ to act as coach of any one of the teams in IPL. He will come in his chudddis leaving behind his wife, kids and payara pakizstan. These pakiz cricketers feel heat in there asses not being included in cash filled IPL. Pooor miadad koi ise apne pakizstan me koi nahi puchta to socha kuch bakwas kar do to limelight me ajauga....

warriorextreme

Country flag
lol pakistanis..dont they laugh at themselves when they watch this??
journalism is soooo poor quality in pakistan :D just like everything else is poor quality in pakistan :D

Oracle

/\/\/\ Do you even know what we lost during partition? Hot Pakistani chicks. Kiddin'.
This thread can now go to trash :)

warriorextreme

Country flag
/\/\/\ Do you even know what we lost during partition? Hot Pakistani chicks. Kiddin'.
This thread can now go to trash
agreed..not like we dont have hot chicks here but pakistanis dont deserve hot chicks they have right now:)

Oracle

This thread is on the verge of being locked or merged :)

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
agreed..not like we dont have hot chicks here but pakistanis dont deserve hot chicks they have right now:)
They are hot only as long as they keep their mouth shut. Mouth opens and you want to wish that you were asexual rather than have a Pakistani female around you. LOL I bumped into one during my work in northern Canada (she was Canadian Pakistani). All I can tell you is that "कहीं भी जाएँ, इनकी नीयत नहीं बदलती" ।..LOL. Man or a woman, they enjoy taking potshots at other cultures/people first. The dumb female first thought I am a "chinese" (shows her GK) and was all wannabe friendly. But got a bored face as I told her who I am.

I tell you, no one matches an Indian girl in everything; be she from any state of India. :D

As for Miandad, the poor loser is simply burning his rump off thinking about all the money that his "boys" are losing at at IPL. HEHEHE!

neo29

Miandad is a loud mouth and has always commented on every issue related to cricket. Decline of Australia has come due to the hardwork of other teams around the world.

These comments are coming from a man who is a relative of Dawood Ibrahim. It is better to let him bark.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles