MH17: Would the Dutch be civilized enough to reciprocate?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I think he is giving you a taste of your own medicine - drawing conclusions based on your prejudices, even when investigations have not been concluded, and when no proof exists.
Is that your conclusion? Isn't what he is doing known as "flame baiting?"

You penalised me several times before for alleged "flame baiting" (although I must protest that it was not in the nature of the post of the person we are talking about).

pmaitra

You penalised me several times before for alleged "flame baiting" (although I must protest that it was not in the nature of the post of the person we are talking about).
If what he is doing is flamebaiting, then you have been doing it for the past one week.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yes let us keep to our own views. All I am asking is why are Indians/Kolkatans not mourning the E. Ukrainians? After all India is an ally of Russia and we should feel sorry for the dead people of E.Ukraine. Explain this to me and I would explain the question of the topic.
I have no "Like" button, So I'll just verbalise my appreciation for your post. You said it better.

pmaitra

Yes let us keep to our own views. All I am asking is why are Indians/Kolkatans not mourning the E. Ukrainians? After all India is an ally of Russia and we should feel sorry for the dead people of E.Ukraine. Explain this to me and I would explain the question of the topic.
There are quite a few Indians who are mourning the E. Ukrainians. DFI is proof of that.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
If what he is doing is flamebaiting, then you have been doing it for the past one week.
I have been expressing my anger in the past one week about the murder by the rebels of my countrymen and other innocent people aboard MH17. More often I post as replies to provocations and as a way to countering outlandish conspiracy theories that demean the memories of all those people killed in MH17.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
There are quite a few Indians who are mourning the E. Ukrainians. DFI is proof of that.
Opinions on a forum/internet cannot be a proof for anything. Similarly I can pick up the random comment of a Dutch person on the internet and say that he is mourning the Ukrainians. Show me the pics of Indians mourning or the condolences provided by the Indian govt. Till that is shown I will not be able to answer your question.

pmaitra

I have been expressing my anger in the past one week about the murder by the rebels of my countrymen and other innocent people aboard MH17. More often I post as replies to provocations and as a way to countering outlandish conspiracy theories that demean the memories of all those people killed in MH17.
The people of E. Ukraine are being slaughtered since the last two months. Many of us are angry. Yet, no one told another member "F--- you." You did. Not once but twice. For that you got banned. Then @apple, your buddy, came in, and lied about the reason why you were banned. Not surprising, considering his natural tendency to be dishonest, but such things make many of us extremely angry as well.

Control your anger.

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

Opinions on a forum/internet cannot be a proof for anything. Similarly I can pick up the random comment of a Dutch person on the internet and say that he is mourning the Ukrainians. Show me the pics of Indians mourning or the condolences provided by the Indian govt. Till that is shown I will not be able to answer your question.
If you exclude forum opinion, yes, I am not aware of anyone mourning in India. People should.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Poroshenko has sent to the Parliament a request for admission on territory of Ukraine 260 Australian military, who will guard the crash site. Also, Ukraine is coming 50 Dutch police (without weapon).

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The people of E. Ukraine are being slaughtered since the last two months. Many of us are angry.
You cannot compare the anger of a person who has just lost a lot of his countrymen to murder.

Yet, no one told another member "F--- you." You did. Not once but twice. For that you got banned. Then @apple, you buddy, came in, and lied about the reason why you were banned.
He deserved it. The least that he could have done was at least offer some token of symphaties instead of provoking and adding salt to wound. If he was in front of me I'm sure it was not only the 4 letter word that he would have received.

Control your anger.
I was harder to do it in the immediate aftermath of the murder. But I'm doing it lately.

pmaitra

You cannot compare the anger of a person who has just lost a lot of his countrymen to murder.
You lost your countrymen to murder? I think you are being imaginative. Once again, you are drawing conclusions prior to investigations have been concluded. We don't even know who shot down the plane.

He deserved it. The least that he could have done was at least offer some token of symphaties instead of provoking and adding salt to wound. If he was in front of me I'm sure it was not only the 4 letter word that he would have received.
No he did not deserve it. Just like @Peter categorically refused to mourn the dead in E. Ukraine and went on to justify the Dutch/EU reluctance to mourn or condemn the E. Ukraine's dead, does not mean I tell him, "F--- you." He does not deserve it. No one does. I do not know why I keep reasoning with you, since there seems to be no cure for your obduracy.

I was harder to do it in the immediate aftermath of the murder. But I'm doing it lately.
I am not holding my breath.

bose

Country flag
It must be lonely championing Putin's lies with only few support around the World.... Maybe I can understand your frustration. But you must start thinking why is that the rest of the World does not seem to buy Putin's version of events. Have the Ukrainians, Europeans and Americans paid them all to turn deaf to Putin's version? Or is not that Putin's version of events is simply ridiculous? Frankly, I find Putin's version demeaning to intelligence...
No one in this forum is championing Putin... what is been argued here is to wait until an independent & impartial investigation to be over... who so ever is found responsible for such crime must be taken to task... but the problem with your types of ilks is that you are jumping to a pre conceived notion just to score political advantage against Russia... Now regarding the types of your intelligence an example is the war on Iraq is about the WMD... did you remember that ??? I do not trust US / European intelligence or lack of it... Do you remember the conduct of USA when they shot down the Iranian passenger airliner few decades back ?? We all know how intelligent you are ... Take it to some other place...

India, China Brazil, and many Asian and African countries have not abandoned Russia and they account for 2/3 of the humanity.. Western Europe and USA are the only exceptions...

Last edited:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
No he did not deserve it. Just like @Peter categorically refused to mourn the dead in E. Ukraine and went on to justify the Dutch/EU reluctance to mourn or condemn the E. Ukraine's dead, does not mean I tell him, "F--- you." He does not deserve it. No one does.
No sir, I am not refusing to mourn the dead E.Ukrainains if there is a valid reason to do so. I feels sorry for the entire conflict. Yes I do believe it is a Putin backed chaos. Also I think this E.Ukrainians are not separatists actually but dacoits,murders,thieves who have just found an excuse to organize a rebellion. They are like Maoists.

Also I assure you that if Indian govt/people start offering condolences and express sympathy for this rebels I too will do so. Well I may even organize some sort of protest rally along with my friends of college. As it is JU people are always happy to see rallies,bandhs,candle light processions.

bose

Country flag

For your information... I have also got five infraction from the same mod for different reasons... you are casting aspirations on the integrity of the mod...

pmaitra

No sir, I am not refusing to mourn the dead E.Ukrainains if there is a valid reason to do so. I feels sorry for the entire conflict. Yes I do believe it is a Putin backed chaos. Also I think this E.Ukrainians are not separatists actually but dacoits,murders,thieves who have just found an excuse to organize a rebellion. They are like Maoists.

Also I assure you that if Indian govt/people start offering condolences and express sympathy for this rebels I too will do so. Well I may even organize some sort of protest rally along with my friends of college. As it is JU people are always happy to see rallies,bandhs,candle light processions.
You need a "valid reason?" What would that be? When the Kiev regime slaughters people with unguided rockets and shells, that is not a valid reason to mourn? Only when an airliner is shot down by the Kiev regime or the militia (we don't know who), only then it is a valid reason?

So, yes, of course you are refusing. It is evident in your post.

I stand by what I said - you are refusing to mourn the victims of E. Ukraine.

BTW, Putin did not back the chaos. The chaos started in late 2013. Putin had nothing to do with it. The only thing he did was save the Crimeans, and his actions did just the opposite of chaos. In E. Ukraine, he is supporting the rebels, but that is several months after the US and EU started the chaos.

The last paragraph of your comment tells me you need to read this thread properly. I am not asking for sympathies for the militia. I am talking about the civilians of E. Ukraine.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
The central concept of this thread, that some kind of moral equivalency exists between the families of the victims of the MH17 shootdown and Russian separatists in Ukraine is no more than a product of a desperate mind.

What happened? The day Flight 17 was downed

[OT alert!] If Russians are unimpeachable on DFI, can somebody explain why A.V., eminent Russian DFI member, was purged?

apple

The central concept of this thread, that some kind of moral equivalency exists between the families of the victims of the MH17 shootdown and Russian separatists in Ukraine is no more than a product of a desperate mind.

What happened? The day Flight 17 was downed

[OT alert!] If Russians are unimpeachable on DFI, can somebody explain why A.V., eminent Russian DFI member, was purged?
To engage in some amateur psychiatry, I'd diagnose some posters here as sociopaths.

A.V. was a Trotskyite in the pay of Jewish fascist imperialist lapdogs.

Poroshenko has sent to the Parliament a request for admission on territory of Ukraine 260 Australian military, who will guard the crash site. Also, Ukraine is coming 50 Dutch police (without weapon).
It's mainly going to be police. But yes, Australia's planning on deploying a contingent, including soldiers, to the crash site.

What I observe is a yearning on DFI for the personality of Putin. I attribute that to an absence of such a leader within India. I imagine if the need arises, there may be such a leader for India. The worship of Putin on DFI now just seems something very bizarre to me, a loss of identity in his admirers which approaches the pathological. In my view, that worship is actually corrupting the forum. It is as unrealistic as attempting the resurrection of your namesake.
Not sure if someone like Putin would be elected in a functional democracy like India. But totally with you in regards to some of this forum's posters.

But Indian do like rebels... likes of Che Guevera, Castro... Indians do see a rebel in Putin... the same reason my namesake is as admired as Gandhi in India...
Putin isn't, or shouldn't be, a rebel. He's the leader, or more accurately powerless figurehead, of a country. His "rebeliousness" consists entirely of: insulting every county in the world he can think of. He's not good for Russia.

Westerners trying to figure out Indian psyche is hilarious and that too on DFI of all places. Must be hard for them to understand why US still is not the "bro" for India while Russia for all it's defects and shortcomings still is.

Good time wasting exercise to watch and observe and more importantly be amused. :p
You know what this thread's about, right? Amused???

Your government's not Russia's bro and being the Soviet Union's bro stymied your economic growth.

It must be lonely championing Putin's lies with only few support around the World.... Maybe I can understand your frustration. But you must start thinking why is that the rest of the World does not seem to buy Putin's version of events. Have the Ukrainians, Europeans and Americans paid them all to turn deaf to Putin's version? Or is not that Putin's version of events is simply ridiculous? Frankly, I find Putin's version demeaning to intelligence...
To be one of the thethinker's "Westerner trying to figure out Indian psyche" I could offer the suggestion that Indians are very stubborn. While stubborn can be good i.e. an opening batsman in cricket, in international relations it's less useful.

Would suggest there are some Indians, none of whom seem to be in government, who still champion Russia as it was part of the Soviet Union i.e. India's old ally.

No one in this forum is championing Putin...

India, China Brazil, and many Asian and African countries have not abandoned Russia and they account for 2/3 of the humanity.. Western Europe and USA are the only exceptions...
No one is championing Putin :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Russia could use some friends right now, and India's maintaining it's neutrality. China doesn't "abandon" anyone, but it also doesn't have friends. Brazil, I don't know. Although I presume you are referring to BRICS, which as relevant to the world as Putin and this site's fan-boyz of Russia. Apart from Vietnam, name one Asian country who is Russia's friend. Well, I suppose Syria and some Central Asian states would count... Likewise, Putin's friends in Africa are???

thethinker

Country flag
@apple :

:lol:

Yes, it indeed is amusing to see some Westerner like you trying to so vociferously find defects in Indian psyche and reasons behind Indians being Russophiles.

You should probably revisit when you are stuck between a rock and a hard place like say a Western country trying to persuade China to attack you when you are most vulnerable in every sphere while having it's own naval destroyers circling you along with a full combat ready battalion ready to attack on command.

But then, it is Australia so the expectations of that happening aren't high. You'd probably have few bogans utter some Aussie slander to repel all the invading forces. G'day mate! :thumb:

thethinker

Country flag
To engage in some amateur psychiatry, I'd diagnose some posters here as sociopaths.

To be one of the thethinker's "Westerner trying to figure out Indian psyche" I could offer the suggestion that Indians are very stubborn. While stubborn can be good i.e. an opening batsman in cricket, in international relations it's less useful.

Would suggest there are some Indians, none of whom seem to be in government, who still champion Russia as it was part of the Soviet Union i.e. India's old ally.
:laugh:

Quote by Indian PM at recent BRICS summit :

At the summit, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi noted that "if you ask anyone among the more than one billion people living in India who is our country's greatest friend, every person, every child knows that it is Russia."

By the way, @apple - are you always this ignorant or you practice really hard at being one?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles