MH17: Dutch mayor wants Vladimir Putin's daughter Maria deported

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
MH17: Dutch mayor wants Vladimir Putin's daughter Maria deported

Pieter Broertjes called for 29-year-old to be expelled from the Netherlands in wake of plane disaster but later apologised.

Dutch frustration with Russia in the wake of the MH17 crash is taking on an increasingly personal note, as some called for Vladimir Putin's daughter to be deported from the Netherlands.

Pieter Broertjes, the mayor of the city of Hilversum, used a radio interview on Wednesday morning to call for 29-year-old Maria Putin, who is said to live in Voorschoten with her Dutch boyfriend, to be thrown out of the country.

More than half of the 298 people killed when the Malaysia Airlines plane crashed in eastern Ukraine last week were Dutch.

Broertjes later apologised for his remarks via Twitter, saying they were "not wise", but adding that "they stemmed from a feeling of helplessness that many will recognise".

A plane carrying the first 50 victims of the crash is expected to arrive this afternoon at Eindhoven airport, from where they will be transported to army barracks in Hilversum. The Dutch government has declared Wednesday a day of national mourning and will mark the bodies' arrival with a minute's silence across the country.

Ukrainians living in Holland have also called for a peaceful protest outside Putin's daughter's flat, according to De Telegraaf newspaper. It published a photograph of the apartment complex where Maria is said to live alongside the article on Monday.

Very little is known about the Russian president's two daughters, Maria and Yekaterina, who are completely sheltered from media attention and have never been officially photographed as adults.

But there have been persistent rumours linking Maria with Dutch citizen Jorrit Faassen. Dutch media claimed that Putin visited the couple last year, something his spokesman denied.

Faassen has held senior roles in the Russian firms Gazprom and Stroytransgaz, a pipeline manufacturer, and hit the headlines when he was reportedly assaulted by the bodyguards of Russian banker Matvei Urin in a road-rage incident in Moscow in 2010. Urin was later arrested and jailed for fraud.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Questions: Why is it that it seems no one in the Netherlands is protesting against Ukraine? Why is it that Russian attempt at deflecting the blame to Ukraine does not gain traction among the Dutch?

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
anyhow the mayor has applogised and taken his words back
I believe it is significant that Putin's daughter lives in Netherlands and not in Russia. Neither did Stalin's daughter.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Questions: Why is it that it seems no one in the Netherlands is protesting against Ukraine? Why is it that Russian attempt at deflecting the blame to Ukraine does not gain traction among the Dutch?
Because most thoughtful people do not believe Russians?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I mean nobody can accuse the Dutch of being uneducated, hill billies, warmongers, power players, anti-Russians, yet it seems that their anger is towards the Russians here.

I doubt Soviet orphans have ever entertained such simple questions as these.

bose

Country flag
I hope the so called thoughtful mayor understand the gains on getting cheap gas from Russia...

Last edited:

Blackwater

I mean nobody can accuse the Dutch of being uneducated, hill billies, warmongers, power players, anti-Russians, yet it seems that their anger is towards the Russians here.

I doubt Soviet orphans have ever entertained such simple questions as these.
western media including dutch has made russia a villian and ukraine a victim

bose

Country flag
Before the investigation is over, the thoughtful western people were made to believe that Russia is the culprit...

I will not be surprise if the investigation finds that it was Ukraine who shot down the MH 17...

If I am not wrong it was the Ukraine Prime Minister who send the condolence message to Malaysian PM barely 15 mins post the tragic incident...

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I think the Dutch are among the last people that you can think of that would jump immediately into mass hysteria over some Western media plot. I consider them as among the most educated, balanced, even tempered people. And do understand that before MH17 the Dutch has a very good relations with Russia as in fact Putin's daughter is married to a Dutch man and is residing in the Netherlands with her husband.

So the reaction of the Dutch should really put those who are entertaining Putin's tall tale version of MH17 to rethink their positions.

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Roughly two-thirds of the 298 people who died on Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 were Dutch. I asked several Dutch friends how they were doing. As I more or less expected, every one of them knew at least one person who was on the plane. One, who lives in The Hague, said her daughter was friends with a girl whose entire family was on the flight: they were going on vacation to Borneo. "They were in primary school together and took the same ballet lessons,"my friend said of her daughter and the girl who died. "When you think of their empty house, it is all very unreal."
Malaysia Flight 17: The Unique Way the Dutch Mourn - TIME

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
1. When the media in the West have headlines like "Putin's missiles", even before the investigations are completed, obviously the people are going to associate Putin with the plane crash.
That's how the media works. So, for example the image in an average man's mind of Moskow (unless you have been there) would be what you see in the movies, which would be something like below:

And the above image is ingrained into the average man's mind. But that is winter and they never show you Moskow in the summer.

Similar case with India, they will show cows/beggars/sadhus with lots of facial hair/crowded streets/Taj Mahal , this gets to be the image of India in the average man's brain.

Basically, what I'm saying is the media is a very powerful, if not the most powerful tool and all the psyops and brainwashing done (on both sides) during the cold war, is not gonna go away that soon/easy.

2. This is probably more important.
Of what relevance is your question, considering that almost all courts of justice will not admit people's feelings towards an ethno-linguistic group, as evidence.
It does not matter if the Dutch or the Americans or the Peruvians aren't protesting the actions or inactions of Ukraine, what matters is evidence.

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
1. When the media in the West have headlines like "Putin's missiles", even before the investigations are completed, obviously the people are going to associate Putin with the plane crash.
That's how the media works. So, for example the image in an average man's mind of Moskow (unless you have been there) would be what you see in the movies, which would be something like below:

And the above image is ingrained into the average man's mind. But that is winter and they never show you Moskow in the summer.

Similar case with India, they will show cows/beggars/sadhus with lots of facial hair/crowded streets/Taj Mahal , this gets to be the image of India in the average man's brain.

Basically, what I'm saying is the media is a very powerful, if not the most powerful tool and all the psyops and brainwashing done (on both sides) during the cold war, is not gonna go away that soon/easy.
Oh please, the Dutch have a very good relations with Russia before MH17. As I said even Putin's daughter is married to a Dutch and is living in the Netherlands. Plus the Dutch are probably the last people that can easily be swayed by media images.

2. This is probably more important.
Of what relevance is your question, considering that almost all courts of justice will not admit people's feelings towards an ethno-linguistic group, as evidence.
It does not matter if the Dutch or the Americans or the Peruvians aren't protesting the actions or inactions of Ukraine, what matters is evidence.
Evidence, I think the Dutch in general have already weighed the circumstances and whatever evidence available in MH17 and that their conclusion is not good news for Russia.

I didn't say their collective opinion have any weight in Court. But if they were a jury then the accused Russia is not in a very good position.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Oh please, the Dutch have a very good relations with Russia before MH17.
Yes, of course. This would explain Nederlands hosting American nukes on its territory, so that the survivability of the nukes is increased. Note that it is okay to violate NPT as long as it gives Russia a difficult time.
Also, when you have the time, start reading on CIA psyops in Europe.

As I said even Putin's daughter is married to a Dutch and is living in the Netherlands.
So what ? What does that prove ?

Plus the Dutch are probably the last people that can easily be swayed by media images.
Why is that ? Do they have some magical superpowers ?

Evidence, I think the Dutch in general have already weighed the circumstances and whatever evidence available in MH17 and that their conclusion is not good news for Russia.

I didn't say their collective opinion have any weight in Court. But if they were a jury then the accused Russia is not in a very good position.
"weighed the circumstances", "whatever evidence available" blah blah blah. Beating around bush, without any actual proof.
Conclusive evidence is needed for conviction. Peddling conspiracy theories or accusing during/before investigations shows ulterior motives rather than actual empathy with/for victims of the tragedy.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles