Maulvi in Indian Army 'censured' for saying Jai Hind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
your argument is self contradicting.
if nobody really care about religion
in the army then why keep this old practices which forces a minority to chant a majorities religious slogans , why even use the religious slogans of majority soldiers to motivate them who according to you doesn't care about religion ? so why not use something like "bharath maata ki jai " which i naturally expect every soldier should care about ?
The answer is simple.

Everyone cannot have their own private God as one charges into the Valley of Death. One charges as a unit - a single body and not as individuals.

That is why it is called 'unit' - a single entity and not by some other word like say, mass/ conglomerate.

Majority in numbers win battles, not minority numbers.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I will concede that there are odd customs and traditions.

However, they have faced the test of time in two World Wars, and four wars fought post independence, apart from 'n' number of COIN ops.

It is thus OK to maintain them, but if one has to change them, one should have the vision to understand the ramifications and ensure that they do not adverse affect discipline. efficiency and the capability to fight and WIN.

Given the manner in which the Armed Forces are getting rapidly politicised, visionless but highly ambitious upstarts have steered in the last few years.

One Chief thought that wearing the combat dress on Friday, even if one was a babu at the AHQ will make the Army warlike.

And another was even more cleverer, say Jai Hind, but also say what your regiment salutation is.

And both did fanny adams for the Army and played footsie with Manmohan and Anthony to bring the Army to the current state, where we are handicapped to take the war into the enemy territory.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
It is not contradicting but your lack of understanding, It is the practices which holds us together and understanding each other, There is nothing call minority or majority in Army, We all are in Green and we have our Regimental backgrounds, Its a part of our culture ..

your argument is self contradicting. if nobody really care about religion ,in the army then why keep this old practices which forces a minority to chant a majorities religious slogans ,

Reactions: sob

Agnostic_Indian

Country flag
I will concede that there are odd customs and traditions.

However, they have faced the test of time in two World Wars, and four wars fought post independence, apart from 'n' number of COIN ops.

It is thus OK to maintain them, but if one has to change them, one should have the vision to understand the ramifications and ensure that they do not adverse affect discipline. efficiency and the capability to fight and WIN.

Given the manner in which the Armed Forces are getting rapidly politicised, visionless but highly ambitious upstarts have steered in the last few years.

One Chief thought that wearing the combat dress on Friday, even if one was a babu at the AHQ will make the Army warlike.

And another was even more cleverer, say Jai Hind, but also say what your regiment salutation is.

And both did fanny adams for the Army and played footsie with Manmohan and Anthony to bring the Army to the current state, where we are handicapped to take the war into the enemy territory.
I would agree to the bold part.

Agnostic_Indian

Country flag
It is not contradicting but your lack of understanding, It is the practices which holds us together and understanding each other, There is nothing call minority or majority in Army, We all are in Green and we have our Regimental backgrounds, Its a part of our culture ..
self contradicting nature of your argument is very evident even for a casual observer , but since you disagree I will let it for the readers to decide.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
self contradicting nature of your argument is very evident even for a casual observer , but since you disagree I will let it for the readers to decide.
It's been long since the thread is almost dead but I would like you to read atleast the article again.

The Maulvi is a religious fundamentalist who cleared that he won't respect the unit's slogan/call and he has never done that in his entire career since he is a muslim. Such fundamentalist should have never been allowed to join the army

People like you are the reason India suffer from Islamic terrorism as you justify it and give cover fire.

While thousands of rape done by muslim becomes secular rape and a 11 yr old kid Geeta is declared as Indian Muslim's Bhabhi jaan while Asifa becomes a Global handout for atrocity on Muslim and Islamophobia.

Kudos to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles