Massive Earthquake ; majors tremors felt in Delhi

Status
Not open for further replies.

tramp

It seems there were two separate ones. Tremors were felt in North East of India during early morning. Now in the afternoon a stronger quake hit the Iran-Pakistan border whose aftershocks Delhi and other parts have suffered.
Earthquake rocks Northeast, Odisha - The Hindu
A child was killed in a mudslide during a mild earthquake in Assam on Tuesday which was also felt in other northeastern states and Odisha.

Three children, who had gone for fishing in river Beki at Kalgasia village in Assam's Barpeta district, were swept into the waters by the mudslide during the tremor, official sources said.

While Jehirul Nessa drowned, the other two Moidul Islam and Kamala Khatun were rescued and sent to the hospital.

The tremor struck at 6:53 am in Assam at a latitude 26.3 degree North and 92.0 degree East with its epicentre at a depth of 16 km in Darrang district.

A report from Shillong quoting officials at the Regional Seismological Centre said that the tremor was also felt in neighbouring states of Meghalaya, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh and Manipur, categorised under Zone V of the country's seismological map and considered to be highly active.

In Odisha, the tremor occurred at 8:36 am in Puri district with its epicentre at about 40 km from the seismological observatory at Bhubaneswar, the Meteorological Centre said.

The earthquake was felt in Astaran and nearby areas in the district, but no casualty was reported.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Let me politicize the quake. :cmegusta:

I sincerely hope Gwadar port gets damaged in this quake! :fyeah:

Magnitude 8 earthquake hits Iran-Afghan-Pakistan border area.

Maharana

I was taking a shower and I fell down when I tried to rush out because my feet were slippery. God saved me from dying nude this time so from now on, kaccha baniyan it is, in bathroom all the time. :namaste:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles