Marx in, Indian history out of school books in Left-ruled Tripura

OrangeFlorian

Anon Supreme
I read a notebook essay written by some kid which is circulating on FB.

It says about the same ie. how Nehru f*** up his policy and the few things Patel left on Nehru was goofed up badly ie. Kashmir and how a much less capable Nehru was selected as PM and not Patel.

If left on Nehru British would have divided India into 500+ odd Princely states but Patel united India. :dude:
Bullshit. Patel is the same as those other republican scum no better than Nehru.

alphacentury

Country flag
I read a notebook essay written by some kid which is circulating on FB.

It says about the same ie. how Nehru f*** up his policy and the few things Patel left on Nehru was goofed up badly ie. Kashmir and how a much less capable Nehru was selected as PM and not Patel.

If left on Nehru British would have divided India into 500+ odd Princely states but Patel united India. :dude:
Commies will try & whitewash Nehru's faults by pointing 'lack of hindsight' , this and that. The fact is he was well advised about the possible consequences of his action, by people no less than him. But, he was an arrogant dimwit.
As PM, he behaved as if he was civilizing a nation of unpadh ganwar natives. To this day INC & followers believe that to be true.

OrangeFlorian

Anon Supreme
All Indian republicans are near Bolsheviks. Patel didn't replace the 500+ princely states with anything equal to what they had before.

Tripura before accession:

Tripura after:

Jammu and Kashmir then

Jammu and kashmir now

Bharat Ek Khoj

History / S.S is a subject of cramming. Don't expect little ones to understand something thats highly debatable.

sasum

Atheist but not Communists.
you are right.people should be taught how he fucked up kashmir and tibet issue,how he listens to foreigner(which have their own agenda)more than native advisers,and his others policys,partition etc etc.no leader should be removed from textbook.
I like the idea of impartial history. History as it happened and documented on paper, tape, celluloid etc. and not some academician spinning half-truths, half-imagination and forcing students to memorise.

Bahamut

I like the idea of impartial history. History as it happened and documented on paper, tape, celluloid etc. and not some academician spinning half-truths, half-imagination and forcing students to memorise.
For that we have study ourselves from sources from both side , most people see a movies or read one article and consider themselves 'expert'.This is happening in science to

sasum

For that we have study ourselves from sources from both side , most people see a movies or read one article and consider themselves 'expert'.This is happening in science to
I am talking about history from the objectivity angle. No perspective, no interpretation. If an assassination happens today in India, it will be reported all over the world in Newspapers as it happened. The assassin or victim or place or time will not vary from country to country or friend to foe side. Movies and Articles are works of fiction and not history. Similarly only textbooks prescribed in schools and colleges are science, others are science-fiction.

Bahamut

I am talking about history from the objectivity angle. No perspective, no interpretation. If an assassination happens today in India, it will be reported all over the world in Newspapers as it happened. The assassin or victim or place or time will not vary from country to country or friend to foe side. Movies and Articles are works of fiction and not history. Similarly only textbooks prescribed in schools and colleges are science, others are science-fiction.
For a objective analysis we need objective sources which are difficult to find.Take the example of Alexander and Genghis Khan .While both killed in the most cruel way , one is celebrated as conquer while other is considered a barbarian .While Alexander act country which were not even provocative ,Genghis acted only those who rejected his diplomatic mission.To be on the safe side hear from both side.

sasum

For a objective analysis we need objective sources which are difficult to find.Take the example of Alexander and Genghis Khan .While both killed in the most cruel way , one is celebrated as conquer while other is considered a barbarian .While Alexander act country which were not even provocative ,Genghis acted only those who rejected his diplomatic mission.To be on the safe side hear from both side.
I was about to come to this point. History of Gengis Khan, Alexander is not documented history. You dont find it in Newspaper archives, camera photos or in the recorded voice of any contemporary. See my post 1171404 above. Simply because these modern means of capturing history were not there in those times. So what historians do? They visit National Museum, inspect a few artefacts, inscriptions and fill out the rest with imagination !Many times they copy-paste from numerous sources to make it look like virgin.

Bahamut

I was about to come to this point. History of Gengis Khan, Alexander is not documented history. You dont find it in Newspaper archives, camera photos or in the recorded voice of any contemporary. See my post 1171404 above. Simply because these modern means of capturing history were not there in those times. So what historians do? They visit National Museum, inspect a few artefacts, inscriptions and fill out the rest with imagination !Many times they copy-paste from numerous sources to make it look like virgin.
In modern times ,just look at how WW1 started it still full of hole and conspiracy theory ...............................................

sasum

In modern times ,just look at how WW1 started it still full of hole and conspiracy theory ...............................................
Fortunately, Internet has broken the geographical barrier. Now-a-days, it is not easy to suppress or twist any incidence. India's Independence Struggle and role of Subhash Bose are mired in controversy thanks to state-sponsored disinformation campaign. Do you in present times such hush up job possible?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles