Marijuana goes legal in Washington state amid mixed messages

pmaitra

Marijuana goes legal in Washington state amid mixed messages

(Reuters) - Hundreds of marijuana enthusiasts huddled near Seattle's famed Space Needle tower on Thursday night with pipes, bongs and hand-rolled joints to celebrate Washington's new status as the first state in the nation to legalize pot for adult recreational use.
[HR][/HR]
Seattle's city attorney issued a stern warning on Wednesday that public pot puffing would not be tolerated and that violators faced citations with $100 fines.

But the Seattle Police Department said its officers had been directed to limit any enforcement actions related to Initiative 502 to verbal warnings only, at least for now.

The new law, passed by voters last month in a move that could set the state up for a showdown with the federal government, removes criminal sanctions for anyone 21 or older possessing 1 ounce (28.5 grams) or less of pot for personal use.

Colorado voters likewise chose to legalize pot for personal recreational use, but that measure is not due to take effect until next month. Both states are among 18 that have already removed criminal sanctions for medical use of marijuana.

The Washington law also legalizes possession of up to 16 ounces (0.45 kg) of solid cannabis-infused goods - such as brownies - and up to 72 ounces (2.4 kg) of weed in liquid form.

But driving under the influence of cannabis or imbibing in public places where the consumption of alcohol is already banned remain illegal.
Source: Marijuana goes legal in Washington state amid mixed messages | Reuters

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
@Singh you can go settle there ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

blank_quest

Country flag
feels like heaven .. have it from Gurgaon, Haryana side in 100+ bucks :D from some Taxi drivers .. they have it..(side business)

VatsaOfBhrigus

Tihar Jail
Banned
although the effects of weed of not as great as some of the other drugs, meth for sure speeds up all systems...so if you want to work hard its either cocain or meth you are looking for.

i saw a test where a man lifted a full sized refrigerator with cocain in his systems ... it was crazy.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
although the effects of weed of not as great as some of the other drugs, meth for sure speeds up all systems...so if you want to work hard its either cocain or meth you are looking for.

i saw a test where a man lifted a full sized refrigerator with cocain in his systems ... it was crazy.
Recommending meth ? you are an idiot.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
This shit is spreading like jungle fire.

No country for non-addicts ?

Am I over reacting ? Please call me out if I am.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles