Manhattan's 'most expensive house' hits rental market for eye-watering $150,000/Month

p2prada

Re: Manhattan's 'most expensive house' hits rental market for eye-watering $150,000/M

10 bedrooms :yey:

11 bathrooms :yey:

3 kitchens :dude:

Iamanidiot

Re: Manhattan's 'most expensive house' hits rental market for eye-watering $150,000/M

Pain in the arse to maintain in Manhattan.Will inform my Uncle of this deal

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag

10 bedrooms :yey:
11 bathrooms :yey:

3 kitchens :dude:

Suits Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex and the city) perfectly well . . .

she may disapprove of the decor though . . .:p

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

No value for such things in my book.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

90million $ is damn cheap. 90 million$ will fetch you a 10 kanal (5000sq yard) house in some posh areas of Delhi or maybe a 300-500sq yard plot in some posh localities of Bombay.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag

90million $ is damn cheap. 90 million$ will fetch you a 10 kanal (5000sq yard) house in some posh areas of Delhi or maybe a 300-500sq yard plot in some posh localities of Bombay.
:fkidding: are u kidding me ?

$90 Million is :inr: 500 Crores , unless u are talking Aurangzeb Road in Delhi, where it should fetch you atleast two grant sized Lutyen's Bunglaws with lawns and everything

This is pretty steep even by Delhi standards .

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

:fkidding: are u kidding me ?

$90 Million is :inr: 500 Crores , unless u are talking Aurangzeb Road in Delhi, where it should fetch you atleast two grant sized Lutyen's Bunglaws with lawns and everything

This is pretty steep even by Delhi standards .
Rate in Aurangzeb Road is 10-11 lacs per square yard, lesser than some other areas but only Aurangzeb Road has huge houses.

edit
sorry rate is 13 lacs per square yard. so that means 4500 sq yard house or some 9 kanal house.

Last edited:

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag

Rate in Aurangzeb Road is 10-11 lacs per square yard, lesser than some other areas but only Aurangzeb Road has huge houses.

edit
sorry rate is 13 lacs per square yard. so that means 4500 sq yard house or some 9 kanal house.

Does it get any more Upscale in Delhi ? Golf Links is Cheaper

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

Does it get any more Upscale in Delhi ? Golf Links is Cheaper
Golf links could be more expensive. You can build floors/ appts there.

But Aurangzeb Road is the address.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

Best houses in delhi are in amrita shergill marg.

Whoever has driven past them will know what im talking about. Right besides khan market and lodhi garden. Its not located on main road so many dont know about it. Its not the most expensive but i would prefer to live there rather than on golf link or aurangzeb which are both more expensive but offer no "natural beauty" and relative calmness.

Last edited:

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag

Best houses in delhi are in amrita shergill marg.

Whoever has driven past them will know what im talking about.
Amrita Shergill Marg is off Khan Market ,

U encounter it when u use the back entrance ,

its again Lutyen's Delhi so no doubt among the very Posh ,
but given the size of Bungalows I have to say it doesn't hold a candle to Aurangzeb Road or Prithvi Raj Road

i personally prefer Malchchha Marg among all available places

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

Amrita Shergill Marg is off Khan Market ,

U encounter it when u use the back entrance ,

its again Lutyen's Delhi so no doubt among the very Posh ,
but given the size of Bungalows I have to say it doesn't hold a candle to Aurangzeb Road or Prithvi Raj Road

i personally prefer Malchchha Marg among all available places
Malchchha Marg is cramped.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag

Malchchha Marg is cramped.

This map is of Khan Market Area

Let me remind you where Malchchha Marg is , Its that Big Wide Road to the left of Africa Avenue in Chanakyapuri ,

Right next to the US Embassy

It doesn't get any more spacious brother.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

This map is of Khan Market Area

Let me remind you where Malchchha Marg is , Its that Big Wide Road that when you take the left off Africa Avenue in Chanakyapuri ,

It doesn't get any more spacious brother.
I know exactly where malcha marg is...been there a thousand times. I dont personally prefer it over the one i just stated. The gardens are small and houses are much nearer to each other. Near carmel convent right ? Or is there some other malcha marg that has eluded me all these years ?

:hmm:

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

Anyone know who's lives here ? Ive seem some expensive cars go into these homes over the years.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag

I know exactly where malcha marg is...been there a thousand times. I dont personally prefer it over the one i just stated. The gardens are small and houses are much nearer to each other. Near carmel convent right ? Or is there some other malcha marg that has eluded me all these years ?

:hmm:
The whole area near Nyay Marg is known as Malcha Marg not just that Road , It begins off Nyaya Marg and end at 11 Murti
will include Rajdoot Marg too.

The Commercial as well as the residential ,

Its pretty much the only available residential spot to Non Goverment/Non Embassy folks in Chanakya puri area

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

Where the streets are paved with gold

If money screams, wealth whispers. The truth of this adage becomes amply clear as one gazes at Aurangzeb Road in Lutyen's Delhi, a precious stone's throw from the Prime Minister's residence on Race Course Road. With its leafy lanes and elegant bungalows, it's a location that exudes old world charm. It's also India's wealthiest street, according to a TOI study to map the country's richest roads based on the net worth of the billionaires living on them. Steel baron L N Mittal (whenever he is in Delhi), K P Singh of DLF and the Jindals reside here. So do Analjit Singh of Max India group, Malvinder and Shivinder Singh of Religare, Pepsi bottler Ravi Jaipuria and Atul Punj of Punj Lloyd. Their combined net worth adds up to a mind-bending $44 billion or about Rs 2.2 lakh crore. That helps explain why properties here reputedly command a price of about Rs 1.40 lakh per square foot. Don't plan on buying one of those charming houses unless you consider Rs 100 crore small change.

The flocking together of several billionaires helps Aurangzeb Road surge ahead of Mumbai's Altamount Road, which can boast of being the address of two of the richest men in India - Mukesh Ambani and Kumar Mangalam Birla. Still, the combined wealth of the denizens of Altamount Road adds up to a 'mere' $31 billion (about Rs 1.55 lakh crore). However , there's a caveat. India's most famous personal home, Mukesh Ambani's 27-storey Antilia, may be located on Altamount Road, but he is yet to move in. If one were to argue that his residence is actually on Cuffe Parade, then Altamount Road would drop to seventh place, with Kumar Mangalam Birla being the lone billionaire on it with a net worth of $7.7 billion (about Rs 38,500 crore). The Mukesh effect, combining with the wealth of younger brother Anil and Subhash Chandra of Zee would then propel Cuffe Parade to second place, with a combined net worth of about $31 billion (Rs 1.55 lakh crore).

India's financial capital also provides Street No. 3 - the famed Malabar Hill. Boasting the residences of the Ruias of Essar group, reclusive magnate Shapoorji Pallonji Mistry, Adi Godrej and Venugopal Dhoot, the street has a combined net worth of about $30 billion (Rs 1.50 lakh crore), putting it only fractionally behind in the race for second spot. Interestingly , at Rs 75,000/sq ft, an apartment in Malabar Hill actually costs more than the going rate of Rs 70,000/sq ft for multi-storeyed apartments in Altamount Road.

One doesn't have to go too far from India's richest street to reach No. 4 - in fact, barely 2km. Delhi's Amrita Shergill Marg - where Bharti's Sunil Mittal and the Hindujas have their bungalows - has a combined net worth of about $18 billion (Rs 90,000 crore). It offers residents a priceless perk - proximity to Lodi Gardens , where many of India's richest and most powerful can be found networking as they stroll through the breathtakingly beautiful locales. All that can make the prevailing price of Rs 96,000/sq ft seem a bargain - assuming you can afford it.

The list finally moves beyond Delhi and Mumbai to Bengaluru for the fifth richest street - Surjapur - where Azim Premji lives on the Wipro campus. It has a net worth of about $13 billion (Rs 65,000 crore), on the basis of his personal wealth alone, though Jayanagar boasts of more billionaires in N R Narayana Murthy (Rs 8,250 crore) and G M Rao (Rs 8,000cr). Koramangala , too, is home to S Gopalakrishna (Rs 7,100 crore) and Nandan Nilekani (Rs 7,000 crore).

In Chennai, the Boat Club area boasts the maximum concentration of wealth. With Kalanithi Maran and the Murugappa family living here, the combined wealth is valued at $3.5 billion (Rs 17,500 crore) with property prices at Rs 20,000/sq ft for apartments. In comparison, the figure for Kolkata's Alipore area would be closer to $2 billion (Rs 10,000 crore); a flat here would set you back some Rs 19,000/sq ft.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...i-s-altamount-road-billionaires-mukesh-ambani

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

The whole area near Nyay Marg is known as Malcha Marg not just that Road , It begins off Nyaya Marg and end at 11 Murti
will include Rajdoot Marg too.

The Commercial as well as the residential ,

Its pretty much the only available residential spot to Non Goverment/Non Embassy folks in Chanakya puri area
Now lets come back to reality! :D apni aukaad nahi hain yaanpe ghar khareed ne ki.

At most we can dream of defense colony, gk, sda, hauz khaz etc but that too are worth quite a few crores.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles