Man threatens to blow up plane if passengers do not accept islam

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I read this awesome line somewhere , which is a perfect fit here "It is not Islamophobia, if they really are trying to kill you"

Tronic

Other religious fundamentalists don't blow themselves up !
Those are two different arguments. Are suicide attacks a threat or only suicide attacks by religious fundamentalists?

The LTTE perfected and inspired the use of suicide bombers worldwide. Infact, LTTE's black tigers were the most effective use of suicide bombers to date. While the IRA in Northern Ireland chose to kidnap people, strap them with bombs, and forcefully have them drive up to their target before detonating.

So you are bringing fourth two different arguments and almagating them into one. Yes, other fundamentalists, religious or not, do use suicide bombers, as history has shown, and they have used them far more effectively, and in much greater numbers than your religious extremists.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
The point highlighted is the main point here. You are so segregated from each other in India that you use the internet to form a consensus on each other's community. The real extremists are not your freckle faced teenagers sitting behind a computer, talking smack against other religions. They are a joke. And the ones who take them seriously, well, that's a bigger joke. I have met actual "extreme" Muslims; guys who walk around preaching their religion to everyone. Guys who you think to be normal seeing them with their headphones on 24/7, presumably blasting music all day, but nope, it is their religious sermons they are listening to on their headphones all day, since music is "haraam". Guys who will not shake hands with you the moment they find out that you drink. I have seen, met, and even have had heated debates regarding religion with them. You don't even know what an "extremist" Muslim actually is. Those idiots on facebook are hardly a threat. They are just armchairs generals who don't know squat and are having their trolling high hiding behind the anonymity of the internet.

It's actually the smart, intellectual, disillusioned chaps who are the actual threat. The rest are just trolls, while some are sheep, and some are just failures in life trying to find an outlet and an excuse to even matter.
You are right in your assessment of the facebook crowd not being real "extremists".

All the same, I have noticed a worrying trend recently. I have lot of Muslim friends on facebook. Most of them were my classmates in college. Years back, we used to party together, hang out together, bunk classes and smoke, do lot of "haraam" things and talk a lot of "haraam" stuff. I have been seeing in the last 2-3 years, the kind of "shares" by them is getting more and more religious and political. During that Myanmar violence, I saw so many shares about how "Muslims are being massacred", "Allah raham on our Ummah", "and people call Muslims terrorists" - stuff like that. I have also seen many shares about Islam in general, religious messages, and things like that.

I can't believe that these are the same guys whom I used to hang out with in college. Lot of people have told me similar things about their Muslim friends. That is actually a worrying sign.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
^^^^^ It is a reality.....So called liberal muslims will and can get into real Islam!

maomao

Country flag
not only Islamic, any fundamentalists are mentally imbalanced
No, only Islamic fundamentalist because he can chop off your head and recite his prayers for blessings! ;):taunt1:

Blackwater

Other religious fundamentalists don't blow themselves up !
No, only Islamic fundamentalist because he can chop off your head and recite his prayers for blessings! ;):taunt1:

here is another story

United Airlines flight forced into emergency landing after passenger 'refuses to stop PRAYING in the aisle':tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

Read more: Plane forced into emergency landing after passenger 'refuses to stop PRAYING in the aisle' | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Tronic

You are right in your assessment of the facebook crowd not being real "extremists".

All the same, I have noticed a worrying trend recently. I have lot of Muslim friends on facebook. Most of them were my classmates in college. Years back, we used to party together, hang out together, bunk classes and smoke, do lot of "haraam" things and talk a lot of "haraam" stuff. I have been seeing in the last 2-3 years, the kind of "shares" by them is getting more and more religious and political. During that Myanmar violence, I saw so many shares about how "Muslims are being massacred", "Allah raham on our Ummah", "and people call Muslims terrorists" - stuff like that. I have also seen many shares about Islam in general, religious messages, and things like that.

I can't believe that these are the same guys whom I used to hang out with in college. Lot of people have told me similar things about their Muslim friends. That is actually a worrying sign.
Actually, there is nothing wrong with them sharing such stuff, and I can completely understand. It is your responsibility to calmly debate and talk to them of the other perspective. I do that all the time on facebook, and one of my closest and best friends is a religious, practicing Muslim. He also used to put up that victimization stuff all the time, but after countless debates and exchanges over the years, I can see his mindset has considerably changed. He went from a very anti-India Pakistani when I first met him (we used to have immature India vs Pakistan face-offs all the time), to now, where he even agrees that Pakistanis are not fit to rule their own country and would have been better off as a part of India. He hates Saudis, Wahabbis, Jamaatis and PTI chamchey. He'll sometimes take the middle ground when I debate with other Muslims about Islamic victimization, but he has learned to carefully listen to both the sides. A big improvement. It is only the arrogant ones who do not listen and educate themselves but choose to go up in arms only because they just need an excuse to be noticed. There was an excellent article posted somewhere in regards to that. Have to find it.

I had a friend who once tried to convince me to go to a protest in support of Palestinians against Israel, and when I questioned her on it, she didn't know the abc of the Palestine conflict and had no idea about the history. She said she didn't care nor did she want to learn, but she only wanted to go to "show her support". She had no idea what the issue even was, which she wanted to show her support for. :rolleyes:

I came to a conclusion that they are nothing but attention seekers; especially the subcontinental stock, vying for attention to get noticed, from anyone who cares to notice. They are just a sad people, not really extremists. Most of them would cower away at the sound of a single gunshot.

I'm a very political guy who'll vigorously defend my religious beliefs (even if I don't fully practice), and I have yet to meet a single extremist Muslim to tell me to my face that my religion is wrong. If they don't have the balls to attack me openly, than they are not extremist enough for me. That's my calculation.

maomao

Country flag
I'm a very political guy who'll vigorously defend my religious beliefs (even if I don't fully practice), and I have yet to meet a single extremist Muslim to tell me to my face that my religion is wrong. If they don't have the balls to attack me openly, than they are not extremist enough for me. That's my calculation.
Then you are in wrong time or wrong place, let them become majority or you go to a majority islamic country then you will hear all good stuff about your religion....heck just go to Kashmir which is part of your country and you will get to hear such great stuff about Hinduism, which infact was their religion not too long back ( just 500 years back)!

Islamists are very smart, you people take them as some type of dumb Jihadi, however they are not like that! Islam is an imperialist system with all type of zombies some blow Kuffar up to instill fear, some will eat your society from inside to make you weak, and when the time is ripe all the types will strike to decimate Kuffar! This has been happening from past 1400 years however non-muslims forget or fail to realize this.... Hindus being the dumbest of all following Nehru promoted secularism!

Last edited:

Tronic

Then you are in wrong time or wrong place, let them become majority or you go to a majority islamic country then you will hear all good stuff about your religion....heck just go to Kashmir which is part of your country and you will get to hear such great stuff about Hinduism, which infact was their religion not too long back ( just 500 years back)!

Islamists are very smart, you people take them as some type of dumb Jihadi, however they are not like that! Islam is an imperialist system with all type of zombies some blow Kuffar up to instill fear, some will eat your society from inside to make you weak, and when the time is ripe all the types will strike to decimate Kuffar! This has been happening from past 1400 years however non-muslims forget or fail to realize this.... Hindus being the dumbest of all following Nehru promoted secularism!
I can't waste my time on make believe threats. Wake me up when they are majority.

maomao

Country flag
I can't waste my time on make believe threats. Wake me up when they are majority.
Probably you will never wake up then....Btw to realize the truth you may not have to wait, just go to Kashmir which is in India, or pakistan, bangladesh or saudi arabia etc ....be my guest! As I had said on various occasions that this ostrich behavior and believing that everything is good or will become good because we are secular and don't give a hoot abt our religions, will never solve anything!!

Islam and other religions are inversely proportional, when it comes to modernity and libral outlook.....as time passes islam become more rigid, bigoted and blood thirsty, on the other hand non-muslims become liberal and modern, however - weak and secular (treacherously self-inflicting)!!

Last edited:

blank_quest

Country flag
Actually, there is nothing wrong with them sharing such stuff, and I can completely understand. It is your responsibility to calmly debate and talk to them of the other perspective. I do that all the time on facebook, and one of my closest and best friends is a religious, practicing Muslim. He also used to put up that victimization stuff all the time, but after countless debates and exchanges over the years, I can see his mindset has considerably changed. He went from a very anti-India Pakistani when I first met him (we used to have immature India vs Pakistan face-offs all the time), to now, where he even agrees that Pakistanis are not fit to rule their own country and would have been better off as a part of India. He hates Saudis, Wahabbis, Jamaatis and PTI chamchey. He'll sometimes take the middle ground when I debate with other Muslims about Islamic victimization, but he has learned to carefully listen to both the sides. A big improvement. It is only the arrogant ones who do not listen and educate themselves but choose to go up in arms only because they just need an excuse to be noticed. There was an excellent article posted somewhere in regards to that. Have to find it.

I had a friend who once tried to convince me to go to a protest in support of Palestinians against Israel, and when I questioned her on it, she didn't know the abc of the Palestine conflict and had no idea about the history. She said she didn't care nor did she want to learn, but she only wanted to go to "show her support". She had no idea what the issue even was, which she wanted to show her support for. :rolleyes:

I came to a conclusion that they are nothing but attention seekers; especially the subcontinental stock, vying for attention to get noticed, from anyone who cares to notice. They are just a sad people, not really extremists. Most of them would cower away at the sound of a single gunshot.

Come to Azamgarh, my home town .. I will show what extremism is. I have seen live bloody shoot-out from my naked eyes. Have you heard about Abu Salem, Mukhtar Ansari, .. they are heroes in my town. A girl who studied with me in school did a Dawah to me on FB,I couldn't believe.She was basically telling me to come to Islam.With all due respect I gave some philosophy lectures and I just started ignoring her from that moment. They are setting bad examples.I had never been like that but I feel inclined towards having "some-views" for 'some sections of society' when day in and out Quranic Wallpaper and quote floats on my FB wall.Its hard ,to ignore and keep oneself sane. If I don't show my 'inclination' towards religion in 'public life'. for example one of the pic:

Who is stopping them from Praying but promoting for Praying in Class is absurd and fanatical :frusty:

Last edited:

Tronic

Probably you will never wake up then....Btw to realize the truth you may not have to wait, just go to Kashmir which is in India, or pakistan, bangladesh or saudi arabia etc ....be my guest! As I had said on various occasions that this ostrich behavior and believing that everything is good or will become good because we are secular and don't give a hoot abt our religions, will never solve anything!!
Firstly, my parents have been to Kashmir, and they got nothing but respect. I have cousins (kids of an Akali MLA) who visited Pakistan, and same thing. They got nothing but love and respect. So just as I don't use their perspective to paint some rosy picture of a community, I am not going to use yours (despite if you have even visited Kashmir or not) to demonize a community.

Islam and other religions are inversely proportional, when it comes to modernity and libral outlook.....as time passes islam become more rigid, bigoted and blood thirsty, on the other hand non-muslims become liberal and modern, however - weak and secular (treacherously self-inflicting)!!
You're mistaken. Being secular does not mean that I don't give a "hoot" about my religion. I respect all religions, Hindus, Muslims, Christians, that doesn't mean that I still don't believe that my religion is right, and all other religions have it wrong. All rivers don't lead to the same ocean. I have never shied away from telling Muslims that I think their religion is not the correct path, and I know enough about Islam to debate and drive my point home.

Tronic

Come to Azamgarh, my home town .. I will show what extremism is. I have seen live bloody shoot-out from my naked eyes. Have you heard about Abu Salem, Mukhtar Ansari, .. they are heroes in my town. A girl who studied with me in school did a Dawah to me on FB,I couldn't believe.She was basically telling me to come to Islam.With all due respect I gave some philosophy lectures and I just started ignoring her from that moment. They are setting bad examples.I had never been like that but I feel inclined towards having "some-views" for 'some sections of society' when day in and out Quranic Wallpaper and quote floats on my FB wall.Its hard ,to ignore and keep oneself sane.
Convert to Sikhism and you can do counter-Dawahs. :laugh: And they make more scientific and logical sense too. ;) I've had a Muslim acquaintance who tried to preach and convert my Hindu Nepali friend, but when I countered his flawed reasoning with my own religious beliefs, he got very agitated and frustrated and just said, "That's what you believe and this is what I believe. Let's just agree to disagree." :pound:

If I don't show my 'inclination' towards religion in 'public life'. for example one of the pic:

Who is stopping them from Praying but promoting for Praying in Class is absurd and fanatical :frusty:
LOL. That's pathetic. That's actually a good example of what happens when you don't confront this moronic behaviour upfront and only bitch about it on the internet, or behind their back. I don't care what country I live in, I would never stand idly by and allow something like that to happen. I respect the Muslim prayers, but not a stage show.

maomao

Country flag
Firstly, my parents have been to Kashmir, and they got nothing but respect. I have cousins (kids of an Akali MLA) who visited Pakistan, and same thing. They got nothing but love and respect. So just as I don't use their perspective to paint some rosy picture of a community, I am not going to use yours (despite if you have even visited Kashmir or not) to demonize a community.

You're mistaken. Being secular does not mean that I don't give a "hoot" about my religion. I respect all religions, Hindus, Muslims, Christians, that doesn't mean that I still don't believe that my religion is right, and all other religions have it wrong. All rivers don't lead to the same ocean. I have never shied away from telling Muslims that I think their religion is not the correct path, and I know enough about Islam to debate and drive my point home.
Stay there then!! Oooppppppssss they have already ethnically cleansed Kashmir and Pakistan off Hindus (I know you are a Sikh -- that means you are next -- when they are done with Hindu India)!!

Boss, don't confuse yourself, you visit a place like pakistan or Somaila, you will get respect nothing special about it, they have to respect you as "TouRista" or else they may have to face humiliation themselves, try staying / living with those people you will get to know the reality and all your delusions will get sorted out! (Don't forget Islam majority areas have already been cleansed with Hindus Blood be it Kashmir or pakistan....what more proof you need? India will be next)

Try asking a pakistani Hindu how respectful is Islam towards them!

Nobody is demonizing anyone....demon lies inside the these people and when the time is ripe this demon strikes!

As per your assertion that islam is not a correct path, let me tell you Islam has never been the / even 'a' correct path! The day so called 'prophet' murdered an innocent for the lust of power -- Islam become a horror with the most bigoted theology mankind has ever seen! And Indian secularism has been fueling, feeding and funding this horror even after what it has faced historically for past 1400 years and 1947 being the icing on the cake!

Bowing yourself does not satisfy it's lust only makes you look weak and ready to be plundered!

Last edited:

pmaitra

As per your assertion that islam is not a correct path, let me tell you Islam has never been the / even 'a' correct path!
Islam was the most progressive religion a thousand and a half years ago. Just look at their laws, made in those times, and compare with what was in vogue in other parts of the region, you will realize Islam was the most progressive. It is true today it has been hijacked by Wahhabi/Salafi nutjobs, thanks to the buggers in the al-Saud family well blessed by Uncle Sam, but you are not being fair to Islam by saying they were never in the correct path.

The day so called 'prophet' murdered an innocent for the lust of power -- Islam become a horror with the most bigoted theology mankind has ever seen!
Well, going by Vishnu's advise to Arjun, via his plenipotentiary Krishna (err, I mean Avatar), Prophet Muhammad merely released someone's soul from his earthly being.

Here is part of the advice:
Nainam Chhindanti Shastrani,
Nainam dahati pawakah;
Na Chhainam Kledyantyapo,
Na sosyati marutah​
I hope you don't mind being shown the right path of Hinduism by a commie Sovietophile.

:troll:

maomao

Country flag
Islam was the most progressive religion a thousand and a half years ago. Just look at their laws, made in those times, and compare with what was in vogue in other parts of the region, you will realize Islam was the most progressive. It is true today it has been hijacked by Wahhabi/Salafi nutjobs, thanks to the buggers in the al-Saud family well blessed by Uncle Sam, but you are not being fair to Islam by saying they were never in the correct path.

Well, going by Vishnu's advise to Arjun, via his plenipotentiary Krishna (err, I mean Avatar), Prophet Muhammad merely released someone from his earthly being.

Here is part of the advice:

I hope you don't mind being shown the right path of Hinduism by a commie Sovietophile.

:troll:
Keep believing the BS that Islam is some type of a progressive religion....In reality, it conquered lands and for sometime these highly evolved civilizations such as Persians and Byzantine were allowed to profess science and mathematics.....latter on we all know what happened to these civilizations under islamic theocracy and what they did to centers of excellence such as - Alexandria or Nalanda (in other parts of the world) !! Reality is that islam is a crazy Baudouin belief system which has been eating local traditions and arabizing everyone who were made to followed mad fantasies of a mad man!

You know you are correct, the Prophet released so many innocent women and kids from this world (his followers are doing the same) and Arjun did the same to the unwise Kauravas! Krishna was no doubt a demon and Prophet a saint! Now, I have understood why people like you and others belonging to your much liked 'progressive' faith long for 72 virgins after killing Kuffars like you and me! ;)

I do mind being shown any path by a commie Sovietophile! Kindly don't waste your time! :)

Last edited:

pmaitra

@maomao,

My point was that at one point in the past it was progressive, and I am afraid, I do believe that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles