Mahinda Rajapaksa Is A Sinhalese Extremist – Lee Kuan Yew

Discussion in 'Subcontinent & Central Asia' started by SajeevJino, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

It is no attack on Sri Lankan.

It is just an attempt to indicate the falsehood being purveyed as facts by the Sri Lankans!

2. Ray

Noting unusual or surprising.

The colonial powers devised their own ways to ensure their minority rule over a majority native.

Macaulay laid the foundation for the consolidation of the British grip in India with English education, customs, tradition being taken to the be flavour of ascendancy and acceptability in society and govt.

The missionaries did the rest.

Old hat!

T
    It is the same old story wherever the British went.

It would be a grapes are sour line of thinking to condemn those who had the foresight to know how to better their lives.

Tamils grabbed the opportunity, while the others sulked.

If you notice Christians in all former colonial countries have done well. It is because they adjusted to the new environment and grabbed the opportunity..

It is like the comparison between SWRD and Kadirgamar = two Christians!

SWRD realised that he had no hope in hell to become the Head of SL if he wore his religion on his sleeve. He converted and he took the Crown!

Kasirgamar, wore his religion on his sleeve and did not realise how the wind blows, he lost out!

In fact, someone from SL had written that SWRD's family were Buddhist and then converted.

That shows how clever and opportunistic family they are and it is in their genes.

When it suited them to make the best of the system, they converted to Christianity. And when it suited SWRD, he renounced Christianity and became a Buddhist.

I would find that not very moral, but then they did what they thought was right and good for their family and the family fortunes!

In fact, it did. SWRD was the Head, Srimavo likewise became the Head and then their daughter Chandrika followed suit!

Some would call that real clever and astute!

3. Ray

Heard of the Swara is my birthright movement?

Heard of Netaji Subash Bose and the INA?

Indian leaders did not support the British. Heard of the Quit India Movement.

Heard of Gandhi and the Quit India Movement?

Heard of the Purna Swaraj Movement?

Heard of the Non Cooperation Movement?

The Salt March and the Civil Disobedience Movement?

I could go on.

Therefore, India waned its own Govt for its people - Independence.

That is different from Justice and Fair Play.

Justice and Fair Play cannot substitute for being your own Masters!

Officially 565 princely states in India at the time of independence.

Most of them were with the British.

Most of the soldiers came from their so called Kingdoms.

You say you are a Christian.

Your plaintively cry reminds me of this that I sang in the Church and Sunday School!

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  4. Ray

Heard of the Veddas?

5. Kito

Kito Regular Member

Sinhala Buddhists do not have special favor of voting for "Buddhists Only", majority of Sri Lanka is Sinhalese, mainstream parties are also full with Sinhalese so Sinhalese getting elected. It's just like that. But it does not mean other ethnic groups do not have share in mainstream parties. They do elect from those mainstream parties.

Mahinda Rajapaksha has long political career than Lakshman Kadiragamar. Rajapaksha was the youngest MP who got elected to SL parliament in 1970. If people ask for Mahinda Rajapaksha we have to give him.

6. Ray

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  7. Ray

I am amused that you set the standards for me based on your own intellectual, physical, moral and linguistic level.

Let me clear the cobwebs that seem to have overgrown your human faculties through disuse.

Language:

I am not aware of what is the "English" that is mandated for forums. If it is to be of the Kindergarten level, then I regret I have gone way beyond that.

I concede I have studied in a premier institution that taught English in such a manner that one does not require a dictionary or even a thesaurus. Not that I am not familiar with it. However, it is unfair of you to hold it against me because you were deprived of an education that equipped you to understand very ordinary English and it is the English that I use. I am amused that you find it beyond your grasp. Does not speak highly of the education imparted in Sri Lanka, at least as far as English is concerned.

You Getting Intimated by English

I am surprised that English intimidates you.

I am bewildered that you hold your deficiency to pen a J'Accuse. Pardon me, that is French, lest you feel it is English.

My Physical and Mental Health

No, young man, I am neither an old man nor have any trembles in my fingers nor torture the key board.

I have a gym at home, take long walks and runs and I hardly look my age! Remember, age is what you want it to be and if you let your mind feel you are old, you will be old. The fact that I can interact with all age groups at their level indicates my versatility. I have no trembles, palsy or Alzheimer's My sincere sympathies in case you do..

I do not torture my keyboard since I am adept at touch typing.

No, warts are there everywhere.

But one should be honest to admit it and not act smug and weasel like.

Like the Constitution allows anyone to be the Head and then Kadirgamar, a very capable man, though a Christian and a Tamil, is cast to the wind for a Buddhist Mahindra Rajapajkse as the Head of the State in a country where the Head has to take the blessing of the Buddhist monks for everything they do and of that there is enough in the Sri Lankan newspapers!

Yes, there are issues.in India.

Check the threads on this forum. No one is pulling punches or driving the issues under the carpet as you people are doing!

Got that?

I am neither idiotic nor racist.

Unlike you, who finds plebeian English as intimidation indicating the low level of education and intelligence, please check the contents of my post. Compared to your diatribes and low down swipes, my post come out as profoundly educated.

If I am a Dadaji, let me with great regret come down to your level so that you find it easier to comprehend, am I speaking to a person who is still awaiting his time to jump out of the womb?

No one is talking about the Bandarnayke as a family. I am aware that you have to weasel out since what I wrote does embarrass you and puts paid to the duplicity and fraud of your Constitution that anyone can become the Head of State and yet Chapter II floating around as a contrarian input, even if only suggestive!

Non SL posters are not tube-lights. It is just that not everyone finds it of interest to expand one's interest to insignificant specks on horizon!

8. hit&run

hit&run Elite Member Elite Member

I don't know who are you and when I had any discussion with you. May be you have changed your name. Its typical of you all Sinhalas, you people change your names, colours and regional dads very fast.

I have better things to do in life than wasting my time on a Racist who doesn't treat their own citizens equally but lie on international forum to justify their oppression. T

I do not need to learn from you how I should draft my words against LTTE.

You are a rouge nation and its ass is been pulled in and out by United nation organization. I do not need to further explain when you crossed the line. Shall I take your propaganda on your face value and give it a second thought ? Hell no. SL's new Dad China has supported SL unconditionally in UNO and it tells a lot about how dictations are pouring in from ChIna to Lanka.

The facts are against you. Your nation has denied UNO the access to investigate your war crime. First you do it then have a face to challenge us till then shut the hell up.

People are not fools, we know from where you all are coming, I simply made a point knowingly that Tamils are as natives as Sinhalas are but as expected it offended you so much that you leaked this emotional baloney that no one is native but all are Sri Lankans. Neither this baloney is addressing the civil strive which is still on going subtly nor its is factually correct per historic context. Treating them being native is the first step to resolve this strive but you guys play so smart that now you will deny everyone 'the nativity' because you know it doesn't suit your agenda since your in a majority and it can go against your greater plans.

Only a rabid hater of Hindus can fart such nonsense.
    Distruction of temples has been happening even before all out war. Rabid dogs from your army has use unprovoked areal bombardment on Hindu temples. There is no such presidents all over this planet.
    Sri Lankan Army continues to vandalize Tamil temples - TruthDiveTruthDive

There are hundred of links on google, search can show you the mirror what your army is doing against Hindu places of worship. You call it collateral damage I call it war against Hinduism and your nation will pay the price for it.

I stand correct that you are sniffing on many forums and we all know standards of debate Sri Lankans display at that terrorist forum. You are no one to tell me when and how I should debate with a jobless troll. Like I said we have gone through few drills with Sri Lankans on the same issue and I can safely say non of you are intellectually fit to even have a discourse with us. Your level is now establish that you can only suck up to Pakistani testis in their terrorist forum. There is another poster from Sri Lanka Heinz something who was caught pants down revealing he is a Chinese.

This is called putting hands in hornet's nest. I have subscribed this thread and I will follow you post and answer if they it will be worth my time even when I am busy with planing moving to a different city in two weeks because of promotion I have got.

He is not your uncle. He is your dad. He has ran over live minefields to charge Pakistani infantry formations and has won us a glorious war. He has commanded a unit which can chew your terrorist army in 72 hours.

Ray likes this.
  9. Ray

Indians are better than Sri Lankans and that is for sure.

India's mythology is India's.

Your mythology and religion is borrowed - from India!

You may claim that Buddha was born in Nepal. But then he did not become the Buddha in Nepal. He was just born there. It was in India and its environment that he achieved his vision and he became the Buddha.

Got that, Steve!

I love your delusion.

But then you are a deluded people!

I love this statement of yours - of British using SL in WW1 to command war and western powers using SL to control india.

Pray how?

49 Sri Lankans died in the WW1.
    Ceylon World War 1 Dead

One million Indian troops would serve overseas, of whom 62,000 died and another 67,000 were wounded. In total 74,187 Indian soldiers died during the war.

Indian Army during World War I - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

May I request you to cut out the gas and get on with the order?

No spins and day dreams, please.

Just the facts will do!

Of course, Buddhists will rule SL and I have no doubts about that.

Soft racism will ensure the same. The Constitution Chapter 2 sneakily ensures so!

Hindus have no clout in India and that is why Modi is appealing to the Muslims. Do read what is happening in India, No Muslim backing, No election win!

Catholics have no clout in the US. It is the Protestants. Check the demography, Get educated! Don't give fanny adams to the educated and knowledgeable. We are not so ill informed as you are!

Child sex in India? Monks?

Making a mistake with SL where child prostitution is an industry that enhances your economy?

Dadaji?

Talking from the womb and not yet born and pretending to be Sir Oracle?

10. Ray

You have no evidence yet, because the world does not find you worth consideration as a civilisation that has contributed and hence no interest.

You are lazy and so you are not spending time, effort and money to find out your origins beyond your mythological scriptures!

To be frank, I wonder if anyone is concerned if you were Hindus or from Mars. It is you and it is good enough that you are aware of your lineage.

Of course you will show your third finger to anyone.

It does show your class, upbringing, grooming and your heritage!

It is only those who are short on fact and high in fiction who are so confused and frustrated that they resort to vulgarity as their escape hatch!

I Pity you.

You are beneath contempt!

11. Ray

@Banda

As the Punjabis say Banda ban ja

I have answered you point by point.

But trawling through insults and falsehood that you regurgitate bovine like does exasperate!

A fool is delusional that all are foolish and he can fool all!

That's how!

I am not acquainted with your arse and I am not keen either.

You maybe a person who projects his arse as the Crown Jewels for all to observe and appreciate and even handle and use, but then somehow, my psyche revolts to appreciate, observe or handle or use someone's arse!

Please quit soliciting!

However, it does not take much of an effort to understand militant Buddhism in SL.

Apart from the clout of the Buddhists and the right wind Buddhist party, the manner in which all go seeking the Blessing of the Buddhist heads is adequate (check your newspapers) and the manner in which Buddhist monks killed SWRD is an example of their clout and influence!

If the Buddhist monks did not have a clout, why should SWRD meet a monk or the security not check this bloke of a monk before he is allowed in?

No ne is no less a Tamil or a Christian.

It is just that a better qualified man is put down for a person who does not have the former's experience and intellect, just because he is a Buddhist!

How can such an insignificant speck in the Indian Ocean be India's.

Just to make you feel good and bigger we gave you Kachativu gratis!

We are always there to make you feel that you are bigger than a mere dot in the ocean!

Regarding caste system has gone down, gender discrimination has being tackled effectively, inter racial and inter religious marriages are becoming more and more common. - give us another spin and a yarn!

I am none of what you claim - manipulative or Machiavellian or an idiot.

Idiot is you and that too a vulgar idiot!

That only a Buddhist can be the Head, I have proved in all the posts that you all have not been able to refute beyond flinging filth as your birthright.

Once again, SWRD became the Head and not Kadirgamar. Both were Christians.

SWRD renounced his religion and became a Buddhist, Kadirgamar didn't.

Odd, what?

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  12. HeinzGud

HeinzGud Senior Member Senior Member

Heard of Balangoda man?

13. HeinzGud

Then you should understand why Sinhalese lacked the educational opportunities.

Tamils didn't grab but it was thrust upon them by the colonial masters. If the "others" to grab the opportunity where were the educational institutes available? Will Tamils grab the opportunity if the educational institutes were in down south?

Why didn't Christians done well in Islamic countries like Egypt and the North African cost? lol...... Christian adjustment.

14. Ray

I understand that.

However, why have a Bhuniputra type of legislation In Sri Lanka to deny the others equal opportunity?

In Malaysia,. the Malay are laid back people and did not exhibit industriousness or ambition and make the most of the colonial system.

The Indians were the plantation labour and labour they remained.

The Chinese came as entrepreneurs and they were thrifty, industrious and full of enterprise and led the pack after the colonial power.

When Malaya got Independence, it was a Malay majority state. The Chinese were too well entrenched and controlled the commerce and economy. They could not be trundled out.

So, in a clever and underhand way.

Tunku Abdul Rahman devised the idea wherein a "special position" of the Malays was provided in the Federal Constitution of Malaysia. But, the constitution does not use the term "bumiputra"; deviously defines as only "Malay" and "indigenous peoples". In other words, it leaves out the others so that they cannot topple the gravy trains for the Malay.

Fine.

So they benefited.

Why were the Buddhists left out of the pie?

And in Islamic countries, they are not known to have tolerance towards other religions. It is an universal truth.

However, Buddhists are known to he the example of tolerance and Peace.

15. Ray

Yes.

Prehistoric

Vedda.

When history was written!

16. HeinzGud

Explain a little.

Well Sri Lanka is not Malaysia and Sinhalese are not Malays. Do not compare both. It's pointless.

Mainly because of the lack of education. To succeed in the colonial system, the locals needed to learn English and British customs. However there were not enough English based schools located in the inner country where Sinhalese lived. So Sinhalese have to get used to the Sinhalese based schools which produced no worth while candidates to the colonial service.

But for Tamils based in Jaffna Colombo and Kandy there were abundant English schools to attend gaining upper hand over the majority Sinhalese. Moreover British tend to enroll Tamils, Malays and Burgers over Sinhalese for the government service to avoid any uprisings. There fore Tamils thrived while Sinhalese suffered.

However the most important issue is not Tamils getting better educated but in the same time Tamils were getting arrogant and paranoid. They were beginning to think that they will rule the island like a arpathaid state like South Africa after the British withdrawal. But this dream shattered when British introduced the franchise in 1931. Tamils vehemently opposed to it knowing it will end their arpathaid dream. This is the begging of the modern Sinhalese Tamil divide.

Not every time. Even Buddha has said to "show the capacity of oneself at least once."

17. HeinzGud

Do you believe Sinhalese do not have any connection with the Balanagoda man? The one with sophisticated civil life unlike the Veddas.

18. Ray

Of course they have. Prehistoric!

19. HeinzGud

Then that's what I'm saying. Sinhalese is not solely Indian people. Sinhalese are mix of Indian and local people. Hence Sinhalese are not immigrants like Tamils. But there are Tamil, Malayali, Gujarati etc. immigrants in Sinhalese society. They are Sinhalese now.

20. arnabmit

arnabmit Homo Communis Indus Senior Member

Do I smell a pre-historic discussion? Are we then discussing the deluged kingdom of Manu and Kumari Kandam and Lemuria?