Mahatma Gandhi's statue vandalized in Sri Lanka

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Nothing unusual after that massacre they did in the No Fire Zone and renegaded on the promise that none will be harmed!

The most belligerent of Buddhists I have seen.

In fact, they give a new meaning to Buddhism that Buddha never preached!

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Who cares what they do in their country as long as Indian citizens are not involved.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Well if this was done to provoke us, I don't think it really matters considering that the modern youth of India has come out of the divinity that Congress lavished on a person with funny imagination.

To the Lankans: Do us a favor and just break that statue.... AND try something better than vandalize the statue of someone who's become a clown in his own country.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Don't call them Buddhists, Ray sir. They're an embarrassment to us. :doh:
Oh don't worry. As Ray sir himself once said - every people have their good and bad apples among them (ok, may be not in exactly same words) :)
Just that the bad ones get more publicity. Not fair haan ... :(

Country flag
After commiting genocide against Tamils who were lankan citizens and killing
Innocent women and children who cares About a statue.These uncivilized savages
Need to be tamed.

niharjhatn

Don't give a crap about Gandhi personally, but its the fact that he has come to symbolise India abroad makes me pretty angry about our neighbours...

niharjhatn

Oh don't worry. As Ray sir himself once said - every people have their good and bad apples among them (ok, may be not in exactly same words) :)
Just that the bad ones get more publicity. Not fair haan ... :(
Its not only that - but traditional buddhism (like what I assume Tshering follows) and was followed in the Orient is completely different to the buddhism preached in SL - very different indeed.

Even the Japanese manage to hold on to the more purer form of buddhism than the Sinhalese have.

warriorextreme

Country flag
for all i care they build hundred statues of him and then break them...have fun :thumb:

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
If they dont care killing lakhs of women children and men including old ones, Why the heck would they care about a statue or India care about a statue ??

More over it's Gandhi's statue who preached non-violence :p

HeinzGud

Country flag
No one knows what happened.... do you?

that statue was in Madakalapuwa... eastern province where majority of the population are Muslims and Tamils.... and also Sir Baden Powell's statue got damaged..... I think someone might figure who did that!

HeinzGud

Country flag
Its not only that - but traditional buddhism (like what I assume Tshering follows) and was followed in the Orient is completely different to the buddhism preached in SL - very different indeed.

Even the Japanese manage to hold on to the more purer form of buddhism than the Sinhalese have.
You know nothing about Buddhism! :mad:

pmaitra

Gandhi deserve that.... even Nehru statue should also be vandalized. they both are culprit of modern india
No man, that's not good. Even I do not agree with Gandhi's philosophy, but he shoiuld be respected. That is what Indian traditions teach us. Even if you must disagree, disagree respectfully.

Oracle

Religion should not be blamed, blame the culprits. And aren't we a little early deciding who the culprit is?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles