Magazines from the Soviet Union

pmaitra

^^

You should see the movie Red Heat (Belushi/Schwarzenegger). :D

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Magazines from the Soviet Union

This thread is a compendium of various magazines published in or from the USSR.
Click on each image, and it should open a new tab or window, where the entire magazine will be view-able. Feel free to download them, as they do not come under copyright rules.

Thank you.

mayfair

Excellent thread. A whiff of nostalgia about that one.

amoy

Soviet-era music is also great IMO though I know zilch Russian. My favourite songs include
Беловежская пуща / Belovezh forest
Мелодия / Melody?
Старый Рыбак / Old Maple.

composed by Pakhmutova / Александра Николаевна Пахмутова

The best known Soviet song in China must be Подмосковные вечера - Moscow Night :thumb:

pmaitra

Soviet-era music is also great IMO though I know zilch Russian. My favourite songs include
Беловежская пуща / Belovezh forest
Мелодия / Melody?
Старый Рыбак / Old Maple.

composed by Pakhmutova / Александра Николаевна Пахмутова

The best known Soviet song in China must be Подмосковные вечера - Moscow Night :thumb:
Mine is "Million Crimson Roses" (Million Alykh Roz) by Alla Pugachyova.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
This is the time of ABBA, Boney M, Celentano and many others ... (SOI&SS20).

Last edited by a moderator:

amoy

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Mine is "Oy, to ne vecher", a Russian folk song.

Singer: Kristina Vikhrova.

Another rendition:
Singer: Pelageya Sergeevna Khanova
Both versions are: simply wow.

Origin of song:
It is a Russian folk song, also known as "The Cossack's Parable" (Казачья Притча) or as "Stepan Razin's Dream" (Сон Степана Разина).
Translation from wiki:
The original lyrics were in seven verses, with verse six making explicit that the dreamer is 17th century rebel Stepan Razin. Razin has a dream, and his captain (esaul) interprets it as an omen of their defeat.

Ah, it is not yet evening, but I have taken an tiny little nap, and a dream came to me;
In the dream that came to me, it was as if my raven-black horse was playing about, dancing about, beneath the bold, brave youth.
Ah, and there wild winds came flying out of the east, and they ripped the black cap from that wild head of mine.
Ah, the sounding bow was ripped off the mighty shoulder, ah, the tempered arrows were scattered on damp mother earth,
Ah, who will be there for me, that he would interpret this dream? Ah, the esaul was a clever one, the esaul unravelled all of that dream:
"Stepan, our dear, Timofeyevich, you whom they call Razin, off of your head fell the black cap: off will come that wild head of yours.
"Ripped away, alas, was the sounding bow: for me, the esaul, there will be a hanging. Ah, scattered were the tempered arrows: our Cossacks, alas, they will all turn to flight."
Stepan (Sten'ka) Timofeyevich Razin was a Cossack leader who led a major uprising against the nobility and Tsar's bureaucracy in South Russia.

Another rendition used by Fedor Emelianenko (the greatest MMA fighter ever) as an entrance theme:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles