LTTE tries to spoil the Sri Lankan image!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
What is the rant in that Brig ?

It's the common emotion on the street in Tamil Nadu regarding the Eelam issue and people, don't fool yourself that all is well.

And most of all, don't decide on our behalf where our sympathies should lie or whom we should sympathize with. Just say you don't care and move on.No effing lessons on patriotism please.
If you don't like what I have done, you have two options.

1. Report against my action.

2. Or find a new forum.

I am not giving any lesson in patriotism, which in any case I am quite qualified to give. I am merely trying to ensure that one is rational inspite of justified seething anger.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
No he is true.

To the Sinhala, there is no Vanni Tamil, no Yalpanam Tamil etc...They are just Tamil...non-sinhala...people fit to be murdered.
That is the reason why they will have more LTTEs coming up if they do not change their attitude.

KS

Bye bye DFI
If you don't like what I have done, you have two options.

1. Report against my action.

2. Or find a new forum.

I am not giving any lesson in patriotism, which in any case I am quite qualified to give. I am merely trying to ensure that one is rational inspite of justified seething anger.
You did your action and I'm fully justified in protesting what I think is muzzling of my expression.

And why not Brig, day in and day out we are tired of people mind policing us what to think and whom to identify with as if we are commiting a national treason. It does not happen that way, SIR.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You did your action and I'm fully justified in protesting what I think is muzzling of my expression.

And why not Brig, day in and day out we are tired of people mind policing us what to think and whom to identify with as if we are commiting a national treason. It does not happen that way, SIR.
I am not contesting that you have reasons for anger.

I am merely asking you to control yourself. You can say the same thing without being crude and brash.

If you feel that I do not have the same feelings, then think again.

It is just that I prefer to express my anguish in a civilised manner.

I would find it ludicrous if someone should doubt the loyalty of any community or class who are Indians.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Well, if you mean I am one of the 'strategic genius' around here, then this is what I have to say.
I did not have you in my mind when I wrote that. But let me rebutt the statements of yours

First, he does not represent all Sri Lankans.
He represents the Sinhalese more than any of you could possibly do. And that is a fact.

Fourthly, As I have said before that he has been given space being a foreigner as per Indian traditions. However, should he continue with his irrational rants, he will be naturally be assisted to find a new place to park his rants!
I'm sorry. But I did not fault him for he speaks out of his nationalism as he should be. I was commenting on the pearls of wisdom offered to us how sacrificing the Tamils as pawns in the great game would fetch us the heaven in colombo and how those pearls of wisdom were wrong as India will learn the hard way.

Fifthly, I have proved he knows very little about his own country that he attempts to boast as an expert on! That is the best way to indicate that the person is callow and green behind the ear.
To tell you the truth, he does know, because the mentality he exhibits here is the mirror image of the Sinhala mentality and I have no doubt he is a Lankan.

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
I am not contesting that you have reasons for anger.

I am merely asking you to control yourself. You can say the same thing without being crude and brash.

If you feel that I do not have the same feelings, then think again.

It is just that I prefer to express my anguish in a civilised manner.

I would find it ludicrous if someone should doubt the loyalty of any community or class who are Indians.
How many times do you think I can keep on expressing that in a nice manner without blowing my fuse off once ?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
How many times do you think I can keep on expressing that in a nice manner without blowing my fuse off once ?
As many times as necessary.

Since you flaunt your Tamilness so proudly, let me remind you that Tamils have a rich heritage, literature and civilisation.

Therefore, I find it extraordinary when I find any Tamil behaving like some wild lots of other parts of our country!

To me, such behaviour is not representative of the Tamils I have been associated with and of the Tamils I have seen when posted around those parts!

KS

Bye bye DFI
As many times as necessary.

Since you flaunt your Tamilness so proudly, let me remind you that Tamils have a rich heritage, literature and civilisation.

Therefore, I find it extraordinary when I find any Tamil behaving like some wild lots of other parts of our country!
Nice try. But everyone has a limit and constantly 'advising' us to choose this, choose that... all with the sugary coat of "for the greater good of India" ..It is like poking a spear into a open wound.

And people, how many time we say, never seem to realize that one basic courtesy and keep on doing it..

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
He represents the Sinhalese more than any of you could possibly do. And that is a fact.
Why are you surprised? He does not surprise me.

However, I don't look at issues superficially.

He will behave the way he is doing?

Guess why?

Just an example without any other reason - have you seen a rodent cornered by a cat?

The rodent's reaction is generated by FEAR!

I'm sorry. But I did not fault him for he speaks out of his nationalism as he should be. I was commenting on the pearls of wisdom offered to us how sacrificing the Tamils as pawns in the great game would fetch us the heaven in colombo and how those pearls of wisdom were wrong as India will learn the hard way.
Anger is not my reaction.

I am seized with pity.

Fear brings out their irrationality!

To tell you the truth, he does know, because the mentality he exhibits here is the mirror image of the Sinhala mentality and I have no doubt he is a Lankan.
Here again you are wrong.

The real Sri Lankans are the Veddahs.

He is not a Veddah and so he is an immigrant in the true interpretation of origin.

These are Veddahs

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Veddahs

KS

Bye bye DFI

Loquacious much ? To the point of being irrelevant ?

Let me be succinct here...He sais a very valid point by sayinh "Sinhalese don't trust the Indians..coz 25 years is too much for anyone to forget & forgive" and he being a sinhala makes it all the more credible.

India will realize that sooner rather than later. What was that...Na ghar ka..na ghat ka...right..India will be in that position.

It should not be...Regret should be your's..as should be India's...for losing a friend & still gaining nothing.

Oh c'mon Brig.....No one is interested in anthropology here. I concede when the Sinhalese say that they were indigenous to the land when the Tamils came in..but my contention has always been that should not be the ground for discrimination.

BTW The Irulas & Todas in the hills of Karnataka & TN are said to be the indigenous people of this land and we all came later..do we refer to them as Indians exclusively ?

Last edited:

HeinzGud

Country flag
Why are you surprised? He does not surprise me.

However, I don't look at issues superficially.

He will behave the way he is doing?

Guess why?

Just an example without any other reason - have you seen a rodent cornered by a cat?

I am seized with pity.

Fear brings out their irrationality!

He is not a Veddah and so he is an immigrant in the true interpretation of origin.

These are Veddahs

I do acknowledge that Veddas are indigenous to Sri Lanka! However it's us Sinhalese that made this country from scratch while the veddas lived their jungle life! Sinhalese have a proud history of more than 2500 yrs.... It surpass even the Tamil history................ U think I do not know nothing abt my country....................... it's ok... I'm just new here wait till I get more posts posted!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I would say all who are in Sri Lanka made Sri Lanka what it is.

The Buddhist, the Tamils, the Burghers and all!

One should revel in Sri Lanka's diversity and work to unite all sections rather than divide.

And yet, multi religious, multi ethnicity does create problems.

The greatness lies in merging this divide for a common and efficient goal!

We welcome your post, but it should be with moderation and not to inflame!

We sure would welcome posts that help us to understand Sri Lanka.

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
I do acknowledge that Veddas are indigenous to Sri Lanka! However it's us Sinhalese that made this country from scratch while the veddas lived their jungle life! Sinhalese have a proud history of more than 2500 yrs.... It surpass even the Tamil history................ U think I do not know nothing abt my country....................... it's ok... I'm just new here wait till I get more posts posted!
Another idiotic comment.

There is nothing called Sinhalese 2,500 years back. Buddhism came after Hinduism. Buddhism spread in SL by Mahinda (son of Ashoka) and also by King Vijaya. Ancient History which is known with proper evidence started from King Vijaya in 6th Century.

Do you know Chola Dynasty ?? Chola dynasty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wait...History of SL started before that. Ramayana happened more than 3,500 years ago. Ravana, Lord hanuman Vatika which moved there, Ram setu bridge, wooden Forest. All proves the point which was written 2,000 years ago.

you better read more history. SL was always part of India and population moved there from south India more than 2,000 years back. Few followed Buddhism and Few Hinduism. Hindus become Tamil and Buddhism - Sinhalese. Sinhalese are doing shame for all effort done by Great King Ashoka hard work. This is what you learnt from Tipitaka ??

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Karthik Sri,

I do not wish to get into all this, but if I did I could indicate that there is much in common with the original people of Sri Lanka and India.

Maybe some other time!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Just a little open 'secret' I will share with the posters.

DFI has been restructured!

Speaks volumes, what? ;)

"Yes, we can!"

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
I am afriad this HeinzGud might say who was Raja chola, Mahinda, Ashoka, Vijaya and Siddhartha ? :rofl:

He might say We are different like Paki says We are arabi.
:pound:

S.A.T.A

Indians are a sentimental lot and often our heart over rule heads, Its because of these sentiments that India still provides safety and succor to the people whose forefathers heaped misery, humiliation and finally partition on this country, but that's besides misplaced sentiments. Moreover if India really cherished the idea of non interference in others affairs , how do we explain the liberation war in Bengal or for that matter the merger of independent 'Hindu Sikkim' with India.

For the people whom nationalism is restricted to the fine prints on their passport might these as misplaced sentiments, but for the rest its the eternal mission to unite the homeland of the Hindu civilization under the banner of the Hindu Swarajya. From the Sri Shankara temple to the Kandaswamy temple in Jaffna lies the lay of a single homeland of Hindus and it must be united by whatever means.

P.S:I know is rather absurd to ask,but does the forum also ban admins who call others Homosexuals with out any provocation, iam sure some find the term equally repellent as incest.

Reactions: KS

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Right.

Let us move on.

Onto something different, if you will, beyond Heinz.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
P.S:I know is rather absurd to ask,but does the forum also ban admins who call others Homosexuals with out any provocation, iam sure some find the term equally repellent as incest.
I am not aware of this.

But as I said we are re-structured.

Comment on issue of Mods after the restructuring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles