LTTE tries to spoil the Sri Lankan image!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Theres no point! Most of Sinhalese ppl distrust India and they'll most unlikely to change!
I am not too sure. When I was in lanka, they said they rather have better relations with India than depend on the Chinese. The Chinese have made stuff for you and financed it but it has not helped the local populace. Even the labor comes from china.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
This page is biased......... honestly I live very near to Negombo. theres no such word like that! Trust me!!!
One would love to trust you, but your lack of knowledge as has been indicated in my above post, does not give the confidence to trust you on any issue concerning Sri Lanka.

Galaxy

Country flag
Well Tamil ppl live in Colombo have Dignity and Justice as same as any Sinhalese have. But ppl in north don't have it,... cuz LTTE denied it to them for 30 yrs
It was not LTTE but your Spineless government, Army and Sinhala people.

First you denied the basic rights, then discrimination, Denied Justice....and then cheap Blame.

HeinzGud

Country flag
I completely agree, but some of our brethren haven't come around to acknowledging it yet. Which is why India should focus on securing the Tamils interest. We should give up on the idea that Sinhalese will ever warm up to India.
Even if it was wrong............. gud very gud!!!! :shocked:

HeinzGud

Country flag
One would love to trust you, but your lack of knowledge as has been indicated in my above post, does not give the confidence to trust you on any issue concerning Sri Lanka.
Why no one call them Negombo Tamils they are just Tamils to us!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Oh right............ you are talking about chattier ppl................
Don't obfuscate.

You have shown your ignorance of what you claim to be an expert on and thus attempt to ride the high horse and hector.

Come down to Mother Earth and debate without posturing with total ignorance of your own country, culture and heritage.

HeinzGud

Country flag
It was not LTTE but your Spineless government, Army and Sinhala people.

First you denied the basic rights, then discrimination, Denied Justice....and then cheap Blame.
So LTTE gave rights to the ppl live in Colombo!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Well Tamil ppl live in Colombo have Dignity and Justice as same as any Sinhalese have. But ppl in north don't have it,... cuz LTTE denied it to them for 30 yrs
Yes I met with some Tamil businessmen in colombo during my business visit. I tried to get a sense of what they felt and they were ok. They were doing big business.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Don't obfuscate.

You have shown your ignorance of what you claim to be an expert on and thus attempt to ride the high horse and hector.

Come down to Mother Earth and debate without posturing with total ignorance of your own country, culture and heritage.
What that was a thing I didn't know!!!! being honest is wrong?????

HeinzGud

Country flag
Yes I met with some Tamil businessmen in colombo during my business visit. I tried to get a sense of what they felt and they were ok. They were doing big business.
All the products that Tamils sell are bought mostly by Sinhalese!!

HeinzGud

Country flag
Another pathetic attempt, having been discovered to be the pretender that you are!
WTF! I corrected my self and suddenly I'm pretender

Last edited by a moderator:

Galaxy

Country flag
So LTTE gave rights to the ppl live in Colombo!
Look, I don't talk in diplomatic way.

If they got some right in Colombo. Is this achievement ?? They were your own people and not from mars.

Do you know history of SL ?? They were living there for more than 2,000 years. They were always citizen of Sri lanka even before SL came into existence.

You didn't gave them basic rights, justice and indulge in lots of discrimination. What they were supposed to do in their own country ? They protest and asked the freedom. But you didn't gave and so the outcome.

Kindly don't post crap like what you did about religion. I was about to answer in very hard way but that post was deleted.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Historically there were no tamils in Eastern province of sri lanka. They came to east just to fish and they settled their and populated
Eastern Tamils inhabit a region that is presently divided into Trincomalee District, Batticalo District and Ampara District.

Evidence of a settlement of people with burial practices similar to that found in the Tamil Nadu region in India and further North was excavated at megalithic burial sites at Pomparippu in the western coast and in Kathiraveli in the eastern coast. These are dated between 2nd century BC and 2nd century AD.[3] Although it is not known when ethnic Tamils first settled in Sri Lanka, early settlements occurred in the aftermath of repeated South Indian invasions (ca. 1st to 13th centuries A.D.). Tamil royal dynasties in this period are known to have patronized Tamil Saivite culture in the east that parralled the growth of the community in the area, and by the 6th century, a special coastal route by boat was functioning to the Koneswaram temple of Trincomalee and Thirukkovil temple of Batticaloa. It wasn't until the 13th century that there was firm evidence of the rise of a significant Tamil Hindu social formation in the Jaffna Peninsula, complete with a Hindu king and a palace, in the aftermath of the collapse of the classical Sinhala Dry Zone civilisations.[4] By the 11th and 12th centuries AD the upper half of the eastern province had a large Tamil community.[5]

Eastern Tamils had feudal organizations that centered around Ur Podiyar[6] at a village level and the Kudi system that controlled social interactions. They also were organized politically as Vannimai chiefs[7] who came nominally under the Kandyan kingdom. The most important social group were the Mukkuvar who had originated from South India and had repeatedly invaded Sri Lanka as evidenced by Sinhalese literature of that period called Kokila Sandesya as the Mukkara Hatana. One of the local traditions that records the landing and settling of eastern Sri Lanka is called Mattakallappu Manmiam (Tamil:மட்டக்களப்பு மான்மியம்).[8]

Ref

^ Subramaniam, Folk traditionas and Songs..., p.1-13
^ Kartithigesu, Sri Lankan Tamil society and politics, p.2-4
^ de Silva, A History of Sri Lanka, p.129
^ de Silva, A History of Sri Lanka, p.132
^ de Silva, A History of Sri Lanka, p.131
^ The Kokkadicholai massacre and after
^ McGilvray, Mukkuvar Vannimai: Tamil Caste and Matriclan Ideology in Batticaloa, Sri Lanka, p.34-97
^ a b Subramaniam, Folk traditionas and Songs...,

History of Eastern Tamils - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In case you feel Wiki is biased, please check the references and the reference books.

Let us know if they too are bogus.

Last edited:

Param

Who the hell is removing my posts unnecessarily? This is the second time. If you don't like it give me one more infraction or just ban me.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Who the hell is removing my posts unnecessarily? This is the second time. If you don't like it give me one more infraction or just ban me.
What is the delete button for? If a mod does not like the post he will delete.

HeinzGud

Country flag
In case you feel Wiki is biased, please check the references and the reference books.

Let us know if they too are bogus.
WTF quote from some scholar's site text wiki about Sri Lanka is baised!

Galaxy

Country flag
Even Ravana was a Hindu and devout follower of Lord Shiva. So, Hindu lived in SL before Sinhalese came into existence. It just that 2/3rd population converted into other Indian religion i.e. Buddhism. Sinhalese people are also South Indian. Sinhalese are descended of King Vijaya and 100's of followers and Religion spread by Son of Ashoka i.e. Mahinda.

Then why the crap of Tamil Indian when 90% SL population are descend of Indian specially south Indian Hindu King ?? :rofl:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
HeizGud,

I wonder if you are a Sri Lankan in it true form.

Are you Wanniyala-Aetto people, also known as Veddahs.

If not, your lineage is also from some settler from somewhere and your are not the real and original Sri Lankans.

Have a read go at this

The earliest-known inhabitants of the island now known as Sri Lanka were probably the ancestors of the Wanniyala-Aetto people, also known as Veddahs and numbering roughly 3,000. Linguistic analysis has found a correlation of the Sinhalese language with the languages of the Sindh and Gujarat, although most historians believe that the Sinhala community emerged well after the assimilation of various ethnic groups. Dravidian people may have begun migrating to the island from the pre-historic period. From the ancient period date some remarkable archaeological sites including the ruins of Sigiriya, the so-called "Fortress in the Sky", and huge public works. Among the latter are large "tanks" or reservoirs, important for conserving water in a climate that alternates rainy seasons with dry times, and elaborate aqueducts, some with a slope as finely calibrated as one inch to the mile. Ancient Sri Lanka was also the first in the world to have established a dedicated hospital in Mihintale in the 4th century BCE. Ancient Sri Lanka was also the world's leading exporter of cinnamon, which was exported to Egypt as early as 1400 BCE. Sri Lanka was also the first Asian nation to have a female ruler in Queen Anula (47 – 42 BC)

History of Sri Lanka - Originally known as Heladiva - Ceylon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles